Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

How do you make a cinematic?
Posted 2009-12-14, 09:46 PM
I've never learned how to make a cenimatic and now I'm here asking for help, please do help if you know how to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zeldaman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZeldaman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zeldaman

Posted 2009-12-16, 08:55 PM in reply to Zeldaman's post "How do you make a cinematic?"
Come on, please help!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zeldaman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZeldaman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zeldaman

Posted 2009-12-16, 09:08 PM in reply to Zeldaman's post starting "Come on, please help!"
You essentially make a seprate map for where the cinematic will take place.

From here, when its time in the game, you have it triggered. Its a forked event so that it then fades to black,replaces the main character with a transparent one(so the palyer cant walk around during the cinematic) and then it teleports to the cinematic map. Once here, fade back in.Here the event on that page is triggered[can't remeber the exact way of doing that part lol]. Here you ahve all the npc's, etc setup that runs the event, using triggers to mvoe different characters,etc. At the end of the cinematic, fade to black, replace character model, teleport back to previous map [making sure there is a trigger as well to end the event so it can't repeat] and then fade back in.

Kinda vague, but its late and I don't actually have the prgoram anymore. Plus it is different depending on which version you are using.

Just elaborate on the type of cinematic, what you vaguely want done and the version of RPG Maker in order to recieve the best help.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2009-12-16, 09:28 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "You essentially make a seprate map for..."
I have RPG Maker 2003, and I wanna know how to make the intro cinematic and any other cinematic and just making them, not like when it's done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zeldaman

Posted 2009-12-17, 12:49 AM in reply to Zeldaman's post starting "I have RPG Maker 2003, and I wanna know..."
Zeldaman said: [Goto]
I have RPG Maker 2003, and I wanna know how to make the intro cinematic and any other cinematic and just making them, not like when it's done.

Get Adobe Premiere and a film crew?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Combinatus enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzCombinatus enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Combinatus

Posted 2009-12-17, 10:15 PM in reply to Zeldaman's post starting "I have RPG Maker 2003, and I wanna know..."
Give me a day or two and I'll make a sample project for you on cinematics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-12-19, 10:21 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Give me a day or two and I'll make a..."
Wed-G said: [Goto]
Give me a day or two and I'll make a sample project for you on cinematics.
thankyou wed!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zeldaman

Posted 2009-12-19, 10:39 AM in reply to Zeldaman's post starting "thankyou wed!"
thankyou wed!
Working on it. You've stuck around so far so I assume you'll stay for the finished project.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-12-21, 05:22 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Working on it. You've stuck around so..."
Wed-G said: [Goto]
Working on it. You've stuck around so far so I assume you'll stay for the finished project.
I will definitely stick around
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zeldaman