Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

[PS3][XBOX360] Soul Calibur IV
Posted 2008-08-22, 08:17 AM
Im pretty sure that the ps3 version and xbox are identical as far as the character creations go, was wondering if anyone has created their custom characters, or templates for other characters. Youtube has a video with a guy that lists 6 mins worth of characters. What im looking for here is the armor set - colors. There isnt a link on the interweb that links to this, only thing i have found are videos with terribly quality. If there are enough of us playing this ill update this thread to keep the characters up to date on the 1st post.

Character Creations:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-22, 10:39 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "[PS3][XBOX360] Soul Calibur IV"
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. I've made several custom characters but almost all of them were geared for stats for the tower.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-22, 10:49 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm not sure exactly what you're..."
Like custom already characters - for instance auron from ff10, they have made... tifa cloud, um ive seen a horrid superman and spiderman. Things like that. The videos thats how them doing it are terribly quality, so its hard to see what gear is choosen.

What kinda stats you look @ for the tower? I only did the 1st couple levels didnt think it would need that much thought to finish it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-22, 10:55 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Like custom already characters - for..."
Really, all you need is a SS of the details sheet to copy a character. It contains all the gear and all the colors.
For the tower, HP Drain is a must. Venom Fang is almost equally important. There are other skills that might be usefull, but I recommend focusing on actual stats after that. The tower starts easy and gets rediculously hard. Also, there's decent mode, a survival mode with two characters vs 40 floors. For that mode, you may wish to build a character with Nullify Ring Out A to use near the edge of the ring, as I've lost far more characters in decent mode by ring out than by death.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-22, 11:04 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Really, all you need is a SS of the..."
where do i get the ss sheet? Is it like a download? Or am i completely misunderstanding the ss sheet? Ill throw HP drain on someone and try the tower for a little bit, If you could maybe post your tower toon for basic assention that would be great, show my brother whos boss real quick
[*]edit

The lizardman boss on level 7 raped me sideways.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-08-22 at 11:11 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-22, 02:31 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "where do i get the ss sheet? Is it like..."
SS=Screen Shot. The details sheet is when you select "Details" instead of "Edit" in character creation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-22, 03:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "SS=Screen Shot. The details sheet is..."
So...

HP Drain
Venom Fand
Nulify Ring Out (your recommended abilities for tower)

And then with gear just try to boost as many stats as you can? Ive more or less been building on looks and not on stats - maybe ill try another approach tho.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-22, 03:23 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "So... HP Drain Venom Fand Nulify..."
Nullify ring out is mostly just for descending (after you reach the 20th upper level). Going up, you only have three floors of enemies to worry about at a time. Going down, you need to survive 40 floors without getting rung out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-22, 03:24 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "[PS3][XBOX360] Soul Calibur IV"
I found something on Game FAQs about it, so check it out here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...e/940048/53698
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-22, 03:31 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "[PS3][XBOX360] Soul Calibur IV"
BTW, you need 30 achievements to unlock all of the armor for purchase.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-22, 03:32 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I found something on Game FAQs about..."
WetWired said:
Nullify ring out is mostly just for descending (after you reach the 20th upper level). Going up, you only have three floors of enemies to worry about at a time. Going down, you need to survive 40 floors without getting rung out.
Ok, ill get started on that and let you know how it goes

KagomJack said:
I found something on Game FAQs about it, so check it out here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...e/940048/53698
Zomg, thanks man i was checking all my old cheatcode sites for something like this - you have saved the initial purpose of this thread!

However now ill probably need a walking through the tower I just mash buttons and have a feeling that wont get me anywhere. But we will see
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-22, 03:34 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Ok, ill get started on that and let you..."
Quote:
I just mash buttons and have a feeling that wont get me anywhere. But we will see
You're screwed.

Also, I highly recommend you work on unlocking achievements/honors to unlock armor before you focus on the tower. The better gear will help a lot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-22, 03:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You're screwed. Also, I highly..."
lol like i said i figured that out on level 7

I only really bought the game because my brother was so in love with it and wanted something to do while he stayed here for 2 days. I havent gotten to indepth with it but it definetly doesnt feel like Eddy Guerdo from Tekken3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-22, 06:26 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Ok, ill get started on that and let you..."
No problems dude.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-22, 06:54 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "No problems dude."
WetWired said:
Also, I highly recommend you work on unlocking achievements/honors to unlock armor before you focus on the tower. The better gear will help a lot.
Honor is to ps3 as achievement is to xbox360?

If unlocking achievements (i have the 360 version) gets me armor, are there certain achievements i should unlock - or is it simply based off of # unlocked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-22, 10:11 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Honor is to ps3 as achievement is to..."
You get armor every 5 honors you unlock (which also unlock XBox achievements) up to 30. The 30 achievement armor isn't all that great or numerous, however. There are a lot of really easy achievements you can do to get up to 10 or 15. The 25 achievement stuff is pretty awesome, though. Here's a list of achievements anyone can do (almost all achievements do not count in local versus mode):
Watch the intro movie. (Exit out of the game, start it, let the move play and press start the first time it asks you to.)
Create a character from scratch.
Modify an existing character
Create a character with 4 skills using all their skill points (easiest to do with low level skills)
Complete story mode with Yoda
Complete story mode on normal (I assume you can get both of these on the same run)
Maximize a style's level (just play the same character 'till their style is at level 9)
Get Soul Calibur (Final form) (Play through story with Sigfried to unlock it, then buy it in character creation)
Get Soul Edge (Final form) (Same but with Nightmare)
Beat Arcade mode

That's 10 achievements without much work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-22, 10:32 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You get armor every 5 honors you unlock..."
WetWired said:
Create a character with 4 skills using all their skill points (easiest to do with low level skills)
Can you elaborate a little on this one - its the only 1 that somewhat confused me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-23, 05:52 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Can you elaborate a little on this one..."
Create a character with 4 skills using all their skill points. This is easiest in reverse.
First, choose a weapon that only gives skill points in 3 categories and take off all your gear.
Second, choose skills that will use 50 to 60 points in the categories of the weapon. If you can match the ammount the weapon gives you, even better.
Third, choose a skill in a different skill category needing as few points as possible
Fourth, choose gear to bring your skill points up to perfectly match the points you need. You'll need a chest item for the category not on the weapon, then other items worth 10 to 20 points to bring you up to equal.
Fifth, save the character
Sixth, delete the character ('cause you never were going to play using it anyway)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-23, 10:50 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Create a character with 4 skills using..."
Well ive been working on my achievements - i need to get online for like 5 or so freebies. I have i think 15 unlocked and working on getting to 20. managed to get to level 27 in the TOLS with Auron (Custom) and Meong er w/e his name is. It gets tough using default skills when its 1 v 12. Managed to do it once but, the 2nd time around it halted me. Critical Finish is the key to the tower, makes like really easy.

If i could set up the skills mentioned earlier on Meong (or w/e) Im sure the tower would be a piece of cake.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla