Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question 505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????
Posted 2002-08-31, 03:50 PM
OK! WTF?
I use to do Pindle runs manualy and I found sooo much nice stuff... tals armor, eagle, trang belt ETC...
I figured I get PBot it will do the work for me while I sleep..
ever since I started PBot I have only found CRAP...
In last 3 days Pbot found nothing but a frickin KO rune and Gerkes...
Now here is a question.... I havent played D2 for a while, took like 3 monts break from D2...
This guy today called me a newb today saying my sorc has too much MF (505mf reason behind the fact I dont find any good things.. less drops)
Is there such thing as too much MF or what?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ForEverMakin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenForEverMakin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ForEverMakin

Posted 2002-08-31, 04:18 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
depends, statisticlly it is too much, and thats what people think because their is a chart that says 110% is the best
but it's not really true, it depends on your mf% and the lvl of the monster you are killing, somehow a combo of both and 90% pure luck...try lowering your mf, you just got to find the majical amount that gets you everything for your character...
and post your pickit.ini
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-08-31, 05:48 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
Um, I don't think his not finding anything has anything to do with his ini..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-08-31, 10:36 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
I only play HC... so thats why i only have 505 mf... but I now lowered my mf to 347, so ill see what happens now.
I spoke to a friend of mine about this and he says he heard that 300-500mf is like a dead zon or something... so he uses 250-260 mf... he found tals armor and valor at 256mf... ill just play around with it i guess... or like U said maybe just a matter of luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ForEverMakin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenForEverMakin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ForEverMakin

Posted 2002-08-31, 10:41 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
100 is the best for MFing..I KNOW CAUSE I AM GOD. And I know how to read charts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-08-31, 11:43 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
you are god? 100 mf... uh... i had 100 mf before i found nothin but shiat, maybe a set item once and awhile or a shitty unique like tiamates rebuke or whatever that shield is called, but 100 sucks for me, i do meph and pindle 200 times... :night:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2002-08-31, 11:58 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
Read the MF chart at Diabloii.net. at 100 MF you have 25% to get magic, 25% rare, 25% unique, 25% set.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-09-01, 10:27 AM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
Amazon, what ever you are smoking, keep it to yourself. 100 magic find doesn't equal out to 25/25/25/25, it equals out to 100/100/100/100, and yet many people still can't figure it the hell out that magic find makes the % of the unique/set/rare/magic to drop higher. I already described this before, but what the hell...

Windforce:Pindleskin drop ratio
0.0010066% chance to drop with 0 magic find.
0.0020132% chance to drop with 100 magic find.
0.0027282% chance to drop with 200 magic find.
0.003131% chance to drop with 300 magic find.
0.0033822% chance to drop with 400 magic find.
0.0035539% chance to drop with 500 magic find.
0.0036851% chance to drop with 600 magic find.
0.0037857% chance to drop with 700 magic find.
0.003866% chance to drop with 800 magic find.
0.0039262% chance to drop with 900 magic find.

See how bad it cuts off past 300? That is what's called diminishing returns, otherwise there would be a lot more Windforce's and The Grandfather's around. If anyone asks this question again, I will go vigilante on them like what this one person does on the Chrono Trigger board at www.gamefaqs.com

Example:

BANG
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You have been shot. Death count:01

I had such fun doing this to people on the Mechwarrior 3's The Clans lobby on the MSN Gaming Zone, I got gagged for doing it to a sys.op. heh
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Dragoon

Posted 2002-09-01, 08:43 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
I dunno why but the 0.003866% doesn't seem very accurate in my case, i've done 19836 pindle runs with 800 mf (give or take), and i've found 3 WF so far. And if 0.003866% is correct, i shouldn't find my first windforce until my 25866th run.

Through Experiment, with 800 mf, and about 100 mf on my merc, a windforce drops every 6612 runs, or 0.15%. 0.15% is considerably different from 0.003866%.

Werid...
C. M. Ngan
Aerospace Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LordZpider

Posted 2002-09-04, 06:48 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
You do know nothing is ever accurate. You can find windforce with 100% MF on your first run or your Billionth run, it just depends if you get lucky or not. Those charts just give you a rough idea on how the drop percents are.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-09-05, 02:09 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
Yep.
This is all about %. They are right, but they are not reality.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-09-05, 02:12 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
You'd have to do millions and millions of runs to see the %'s effects.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-09-05, 02:19 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
Quote:
Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
You'd have to do millions and millions of runs to see the %'s effects.
Way more then that...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-09-11, 09:49 PM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
well man i play hc i have 450 mf and in 5000 runs i have found a wf gf eagle tals armor valor doom 2 shakos ss and a skulders i dunno what your problem is but i have no problems find anything even in hc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
bigworm_3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbigworm_3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

bigworm_3

Posted 2002-09-14, 01:44 AM in reply to ForEverMakin's post "505mf, in 3 days PBot finds nothing????"
Well its been a while since i checked on this...
I lowered my mf from 505% to 349% and ever since then, i found me 3 tals armors 2 ss 2 wf 1 sheafers.. and bla bla bla... starts soulding like braging... For some reason or another (perhaps luck) 505% mf didnt work verry well for me.... now i use 349 mf and much better gear (res and skill wise) and i am verry pleased with drops.. at least 1 elite weapon/ armor per day.... so ty verry much for all of your imputs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ForEverMakin