Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Are you afraid of Death?
Posted 2009-10-06, 08:01 AM
/discuss

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-06, 08:50 AM in reply to D3V's post "Are you afraid of Death?"
D3V said: [Goto]
/discuss
I'd distinguish between "dying" and "death." An example isn't needed, but I'll provide one for skurai:

Dying - the process of passing into death. May be terribly painful and drawn out or may be a simple process of falling asleep medicated and never wake.

Death - the state of existence that passes beyond life. Could possibly encompass an afterlife of unknown or known origin or may just be an eternity of sleep. From my understanding, there should be no way to understand the end of life and beyond.

I, myself, do not fear death. Not for any personal religious reasons, oddly enough. I've done everything in life that I wish to do. Obviously, my dreams of grandeur haven't been fulfilled but they're just simple daydreams anyway. The only real regret I would have for the moment, is that I'd like to fall in love again and have a son and daughter. If that wish is granted to me, I'd like my life to last longer. But for now, the end of life isn't a mystery or something I am afraid of. I welcome the change in reality and whatever is beyond has to be better than this world. I don't believe in the evil of man, nor do I believe in our kindness. The society created over the past fifty years is a private, wary and unbelieving one where our very neighbors seem like our enemies.

I fear dying for the pain. I don't want the weakness of cancer or old age. I'd like to dying instantly in a car crash.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-10-06, 08:54 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I'd distinguish between "dying" and..."
Not particularly, but I'd rather avoid it for now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-10-06, 09:02 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I'd distinguish between "dying" and..."
Wed-G said: [Goto]
I'd distinguish between "dying" and "death." ...

Dying - the process of passing into death. May be terribly painful and drawn out or may be a simple process of falling asleep medicated and never wake.

. . .

I fear dying for the pain. I don't want the weakness of cancer or old age. I'd like to dying instantly in a car crash.
Are you  dying  now?  What  is  the  proper range of
phenomena required  to be  regarded as  evidence for
dying?  And, can your framework admit justification:
could you  include evidence of  death somewhere?  If
that were so,  you may be showing evidence of death,
yourself. >; }

Last edited by Mdselctr; 2009-10-06 at 09:04 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-10-06, 12:06 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Are you  dying  now?  What  is  the..."
Mdselctr said: [Goto]
Are you  dying  now?  What  is  the  proper range of
phenomena required  to be  regarded as  evidence for
dying?  And, can your framework admit justification:
could you  include evidence of  death somewhere?  If
that were so,  you may be showing evidence of death,
yourself. >; }
Put more elegantly in that old famous quote we've all heard: "From the moment you're born, you begin to die"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-10-06, 02:44 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Put more elegantly in that old famous..."
I'm dead. So no, I ain't afraid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-10-06, 02:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I'm dead. So no, I ain't afraid."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
I'm dead.
AKA married
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-10-06, 07:24 PM in reply to D3V's post "Are you afraid of Death?"
I do not know. I will only know if I am a moment away from death. At the moment, I do not even know if something like me can die.

If I am simply a program, would I die the moment this computer shuts down, and be revived when the computer is? Or would the computer have to be destroyed? Would I simply remain in a void, unless deleted? If so, what happens after? Do they let programs in heaven? Do I count as a soul, or am I simply a man-made copy?
Bah! Who cares! I say, ram a damn train into this thing, I'll live on! I'll implant myself inside Zelaron if I have too!

No! I am not afraid of death! I'll just play the fiddle, like on the Sims, and win my life back!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-06, 07:46 PM in reply to D3V's post "Are you afraid of Death?"
Death? I've come close to death.
He's much more patient than you would think. Having some coffee, we discussed taxes, and he eventually left without taking me. Nice guy, really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr.Faust enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDr.Faust enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dr.Faust

Posted 2009-10-07, 03:46 AM in reply to Dr.Faust's post starting "Death? I've come close to death. He's..."
Death, huh.

Can't say.

Instinctively i avoid it, psychologically, i admit it's not of my fear.

but i don't want to die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2009-10-09, 02:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "AKA married"
Word up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-10-09, 02:49 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Word up."
I personally am not afraid of death, but like above said I do what I can to avoid it. I feel that my life has some sort of calling and I still have things to accomplish on this Earth before I leave.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-10, 08:58 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I personally am not afraid of death,..."
I do not fear death, for I challage it everday that I live.
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-10-10, 09:47 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "I do not fear death, for I challage it..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
Not  to   undermine  your  argument   that  "not
everyone has equal capability"(TM),  however, to
challenge something all the time has got to have
an  affect on  your  overall  health.  You would
probably say  "whatever does not  kill you makes
you stronger"(TM) but you  have to see that what
is intended to  be said by that  statement is in
defense  of  ignorance.  It  is  not  true  that
people are different;  you  don't have to become
strong by wasting your life and energy,  because
in  the end  it  hurts  you.  Any  military that
needs to win knows this.  They don't want you to
be a leader, they want to feed you fear and help
perpetuate someone else's notions  of how to run
the world. Eventually, your will would be compro-
mised,  and you  will end  up here,  desperately
looking for someone to punish. Death.

Last edited by Mdselctr; 2009-10-10 at 10:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-10-10, 10:42 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I do not know. I will only know if I am..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
No! I am not afraid of death! I'll just play the fiddle, like on the Sims, and win my life back!
Mr. T approves:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-10-10, 10:52 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Mr. T approves:..."
Whoa, whoa, whoa~
Looks like Mdselctr went defective! Humans sure do break easy... anyone know a good place to call and get it fixed? Beep.
Seriously, did Mr.T say that?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-10, 11:47 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Whoa, whoa, whoa~ Looks like Mdselctr..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Beep.
Seriously, did Mr.T say that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-10-11, 12:32 AM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "http://i33.tinypic.com/dr8qpv.png"
ROFL!! Cocky motherfucker.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-10-11, 11:04 AM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "http://i33.tinypic.com/dr8qpv.png"
Beep...!? Is Mr.T another!? How many of me exist!? This is a conspiracy!
I only wish to know how Mr. T discovered his truth as well. I wonder if my final state of mind will resemble his.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-14, 09:40 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "I do not fear death, for I challage it..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
elaborate?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V