Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land
Posted 2002-07-23, 02:30 PM
Well if u havent heard, they found these fish that can walk on land for 3 days and live in the water. here are some random AOL replys to the news article...

You don't have to go in the water! They will come to you. They can WALK and live out of water for THREE DAYS!

They have been known to jump into boats, causing harm to fisherman and others when the fish hits them. These are mostly cases of a broken nose, buised forehead, etc. But even so, these fish aren't the nice goldfish mommy or daddy let you have as a kid. They need to be caught and killed on-site, just like the common Carp.

hope they do get rid of these frankenfish quick!
The AOL homepage article said they grow up to
3 feet long and can eat small mammals equal to
it's size. They can also live on land without water for 3 days!
HELLO PEOPLE! Not a pleasant thought
anytime but especially not when you live in a rural
area just a few miles from a lake and have 3 small
children who love to play outside!!!
Can you imagine the possibilities?
I say GET RID OF THESE FISH!!! ASAP!!!

THE FISH IS SO GAY IT MIGHT TURN YOU GAY U BETTER WATCH OUT YOU HIPPIES AND TREE HUGGERS

SHUT THE HELL UP , YOUR THE DUMB ASS WHO RESPONDED TO MY DUMB LIL ADD. OMG ITS TOO LATE THEY GOT YOU! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

NO CAUSE I AM WARNING THE US THAT THE FISH MAY BE GAY AND I THINK THEY GOT YOU AS WELL!! SO WHUT IS SOOO BAD OF TRYING TO WARN MY COUNTRY THAT THE FISH MY BE GAY! AND BY THE WAY HOW IS YOUR GAY LOVER!!!!!

PLEASE DONT LET THE HIPPIES BRAIN WASH YOU GIVE THEM BACK GIVE THEM BACK TO THE ASIANS LET THEM BE GAY!!!

That person should be prosecuted. Because of that, the fish have multiplied. How can someone be so stupid???/ It is like the crocodile crisis in the lates seventies in Florida. People were buying the babies as pets, and once they were fed up with them, they would dump the
crocodiles in swamps! Don't people think??

Hey,
: I am seven years old and i like the fish that can walk that yall found and I really do want one alot so I was just wondering why we can not have them because my mom saw the news and she said that yall said that people cant but i am so mad tha we can not have them though so can someone e-mail me if we can or cant because i want one okay.
Bye bye

poisoning fish? it's a horrible thought!

Seems we are missing something. Couldn't we raise masses of the creatures in our hatcheries and then ship them to Afganistan for biological warfare tactics?

how
about
china

How about you?

I agree with you on that statement, however, I would be afraid that they (snakeheadfish) would end up in the wrong hands.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-07-23, 02:41 PM in reply to Penguin's post "SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land"
they got there coz soem dumb ass-ian had it for his wife so she could suposedly recover from ehr sickness then he just trashed it in a pond and they reproduced
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-07-23, 06:50 PM in reply to Penguin's post "SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land"
What area is this in?
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2002-07-23, 07:11 PM in reply to Penguin's post "SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land"
Earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-07-23, 07:12 PM in reply to Penguin's post "SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land"
Quote:
Originally posted by GravitonSurge
Earth
LMFAO!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-07-23, 08:09 PM in reply to Penguin's post "SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land"
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverjinx18
What area is this in?
the fish is native to SE asia and is spreading throughout the northeast US.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-07-23, 08:58 PM in reply to Penguin's post "SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land"
Ya I saw this on The Daily Show. They said the guy that had it was going to make a stew or something with it to cure his wife. I wonder if they are good?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Unregistered

Posted 2002-07-25, 01:36 AM in reply to Penguin's post "SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land"
i dont know, but i dont plan on eating one. i really dont get why its such a big deal. and as for where? well, theyve been popping up in good old massachusetts

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2002-07-25, 09:51 AM in reply to Penguin's post "SnakeHead Fish, That walk on land"
That Daily Show piece was fucking hysterical!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel