Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

South Carolina democrat Debate
Posted 2008-01-22, 06:20 AM
Did anybody happen to watch last night's debate?

Actually somewhat interesting I watched a good 90% or so of it, and not trying to be biased but I do say that Obama may have won that, even more-so Clinton may have just dug herself deeper as she tried to attack him directly on stage and then Obama came right back directly and put her in her place, it was truly a great debate though, there we're a lot of good points brought up, and I feel that Obama really did shoot down their theories and proved his correctly.

This may be biased because I do happen to like Obama, but he did a pretty good job IMO, it did seem though that he was trying to speak too articulately and couldn't really get anything out promptly, but then again, I'd be careful too running against the clinton machine.. they'll spin anything on you faster than almost any republican..

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-22, 07:16 AM in reply to D3V's post "South Carolina democrat Debate"
I heard highlights of it on Bob and Tom this morning on my way to work. Sounds like Hillary was attacking him personally, bringing up past events that happened 10+ years ago, and Obama basically told her we're here to talk about our stances on important issues, not to go back and forth like this. Good for him. A politician taking the high road? EH!?!??!?!

The more I research Obama the more I like him. Realistically, though, I don't think he'll get voted into office. There are too many ignorant people in this country that will just look at his name and/or the color of his skin. On another forum I frequent, a member said "I will not vote for him simply because his middle name is Hussein." That's America for ya!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-22, 07:20 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I heard highlights of it on Bob and Tom..."
Yeah I have to agree. I don't think his chances have gotten any better after Iowa, the personal attack from Hillary's camp as well as her own Husband have been working very efficiently.

I remember seeing a Hilairious statistic from exit pollers in New Hampshire that we're asked if they would vote for Bill Clinton over Senator Clinton and something like 77% voted yes, they would rather have the ex-president in over his wife, fucking ignorant asses.

And let's not forget this old point brought up a while ago...

D3V said:
Let me clear this up before I address anything else: I'm all for women's rights. I see no reason that a woman should get paid less for doing the same job, and likewise I see no reason why we can't have a woman for president. Sexism is a thing of the past in my eyes; and as I believe in progress, regressing to such a medieval mindset violates whatever morals my parents instilled in me (though it's perfectly fine if it stays within the realm of comedy).

While I'm all for a woman President; I believe that Hillary Clinton is, as a candidate and not necessarily as a woman, unfit for the job. And this disbelief is not rooted in bias; it's rooted in Clinton's own statements.

According to CNN, Clinton recently made the claim that, "I'm not sure I would have gotten through [my marital strife] without my faith." I have two problems with this statement:

1. Her Martial Crisis

Let's not mince words: Bill Clinton cheated on her with another woman. In response to this, did she leave his punk ass? Did she divorice him or beat him severely? NO! She just said, "Yes dear," and cowered into the corner of the kitchen like a good little wifey. I don't believe someone who would let their chauvinist spouse cheat on them in front of the entire country without repercussion is fit for President.

2. Her "God helped me through it" Statement

Let me get this straight: God helped you through a crisis faced by hundreds of married couples every year; and there are young, innocent children dying of famine and plague as I type this. Something doesn't add up here.

I know full well that this statement is just an attempt to garner votes from the unwashed masses (see: religion). But I also know full well that this doesn't make her statement any less stupid; it just makes it more empty.

Aside from politics that surely doesn't help any.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-22, 06:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah I have to agree. I don't think his..."
Obama would easily win the general election, Hillary would just as easily lose.

Unless you want McCain to win (which wouldn't be too terrible, really) you should vote for Obama. It just makes sense.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn