Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Question Playoffs Round 1?
Posted 2008-01-07, 07:29 AM
Anybody happen to watch the playoffs this weekend?

Man, some great games for the most part.

The Redskins vs. Seahawks game was awesome, great inspired game for the most part, but yet it wasn't enough, great game i'm sure Seattle will give whoever they play throughout the playoffs hell...

Now, for the Jaguars vs. Steelers game, wow, not being a homeburger or biased in any way, that was an excellent game, definately a classic in my opinion. Not only did our boys have a 21-7 lead, but they continued the Jaguar way and let it slip away and eventually lose the lead in the 4th quarter. Very stressful.. oh my gebus, both teams played with an excellent caliber, and now the Jaguars are on their way to New England for another Saturday 8pm game! .. So awesome.

Yesterday's game SD knocks off Tennessee, for a while there it was very low scored 6-3 at one point I believe, neither team could really bust past the other's defense, but Tennessee does fall, it happens, they hardly got into the Playoffs, and that being a miracle in it's own considering how laffable their offense can be at times... Still, fun game to watch..

As well as Tennessee getting knocked off, the Giants also prevailed, stuffing Tampa Bay.. great games all weekend, what do you guys think of this?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-07, 11:14 AM in reply to D3V's post "Playoffs Round 1?"
You guys better fucking beat NE.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-07, 11:21 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You guys better fucking beat NE."
I'm scared of New Englad. There are basically two things that we need to focus on. Our team sucks against the pass, it's as simple as that. Ben Roethlisburger threw for like 338 yards or some shit, and we had the rush on his ass all game long, All game long, 6 sacks? Something nice. That's what we need to focus on, though, Tom Brady IMO doesn't handle pressure as well, Tom gets very frustrated when he gets hit and chased around, so if we can keep that aspect of the game up, that will be great.

What does need to improve on the offense is the tempo-holding drives as well as running the ball itself, Pittsburg was rated 1st against the run, as New England doesn't fare as well, if we can hold the tempo of the game, and make them play our type of football we should be okay, other than that we just need to play the game like it's a playoff game, no mistakes and we'll get all the glory..

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-07, 11:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm scared of New Englad. There are..."
I've noticed that all season. Pressure Tom Brady and he makes mistakes. Get in that motherfucker's face and sack his ass!! MJD and Freddy T need to have HUGE games and keep NE's offense off the field because if they ARE on the field, they're going to score points no matter what.

I hope Jax and Colts both win so we'll get to the Superbowl for sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-07, 12:06 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I've noticed that all season. Pressure..."
Yeah, somebody representing the AFC south, as long as it isn't Tennessee, man. I fucking hate Jeff Fischer not only him, but their entire fucking lineup/franchise organization, whatever you want to call it, Tennessee sucks, fuck them. I'd be much happier seing Indy go to the superbowl than those chumps.

Should be a great, very great set of games this weekend for both of our teams, i'm scared,nervous,excited, and amazed that we actually won a game in the playoffs, shit it was '99 since we won our last game

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-07, 01:57 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, somebody representing the AFC..."
I can't wait for this weekend's games. I watched all of them over the weekend too. The Seahawks game was sweet, but holy shit was that Jags game a friggin' treat to watch! I couldn't believe it when they gave up that lead and were actually losing at one point. I was about to throw my beer through the TV (I bet the Jags, and lost BTW), but I was still happy they won. I wanted to see the Jags face the Pats. A selfish reason, yes, but I wasn't exactly getting excited over watching Pats vs. Titans..... Now every game this weekend should be awesome!

Go Colts and Jags! Prediction is Colts vs. Pats in the AFC Championship, but I rooting for you D3V!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-01-07, 03:11 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I can't wait for this weekend's games. ..."
Hah man, actually for some odd reason the Jaguars quietly sneak into the playoffs and now beat Pittsburg, and everyone's picking them to being able to have a shot against the Patriots.. but we'll see. I'm really excited for the games, i'm helping my dad at his work do some inventory so that he can get off in time to watch the game, what an awesome son I am! Hah..

But regardless, both sets of games will be awesome IMO, i'm ready to see Indy get tested by SD.... we'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-07, 07:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hah man, actually for some odd reason..."
Man, I'm pumped. I have a chance to go to the game this weekend as well. $500 for two tickets, lower level. I may do it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-08, 06:54 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Man, I'm pumped. I have a chance to go..."
Damn, that's pretty cheap man. If that was a home game here in Jax i'd be all over it, it really just comes down if you have the $ or not, hah.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-08, 07:53 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn, that's pretty cheap man. If that..."
Well I DO have the $ but I think I'd rather watch it at my house with all my boys while we knock back a couple of brews. Can't do that at the game seeing as how I'm not 21 yet. Although, there isn't anything like a Colts home playoff game. That shit gets ROWDY!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-08, 08:05 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well I DO have the $ but I think I'd..."
Yeah, We're all considering going to Jacksonville Municipal stadium and watching the game there in the BUD ZONE.. they're going to be turning the Jumbo-trons on there (we have the HD ones now ) as well as every TV in the stadium including the 60+ in the Bud Zone, would be a very fun time, and free admission, (beer at discounted prices as well as regular drinks)... i'll have to see, i'd only go if I could get everyone else to go, but i'll probably just end up chillin' at the house and watching the game from there.... though, watching at the stadium would be nice too

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-08, 08:08 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, We're all considering going to..."
I'd say save your money and just get smashed while watching it on TV, and if they win or lose, you can still get tanked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-01-08, 08:09 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, We're all considering going to..."
Dude that would be awesome. I don't know if I could pass up something like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-08, 08:15 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Dude that would be awesome. I don't..."
Yeah, it's just the fact I want everyone to be there including cousins, uncles, my brothers dad and friends. It's hard to round up that many people, but i'm sure we could all get our asses out there, and apparently last weekends game they had around 11-12,000 people out there watching the game on the jumbotron, that's awesome.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-09, 06:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, it's just the fact I want..."
Well, if it gets too packed, its not very fun... I hope the Jags and Colts win, pretty much just for Zelaron's sake. Good stuff.

Oh, and I want the Giants and Packers to win. I hate the Cowboys. Great games this weekend!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-01-10, 07:35 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, if it gets too packed, its not..."
Titusfied said:
Well, if it gets too packed, its not very fun... I hope the Jags and Colts win, pretty much just for Zelaron's sake. Good stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos