Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Cool The Perfect Game?
Posted 2006-05-08, 12:46 AM
I was deep in thought about what would make the "PERFECT" game.
To me the perfect game not only leads you so deep into the role of the character that you feel like you are the hero yourself, but also has a great way to unfailingly capture your attention as the story proceeds.I also can't STAND a depressing game,so to me the game must have a rather uplifted, yet action filled story concerning the hero.Sure the hero can have a bad past,but don't make his future the same way.It also must have a nice, neat, and organized system concerning your money, experience points, ect.Good graphics are always a pluss!It would also be great if it took more than a couple of hours to beat. Oh and how could I forget, MAKE A GOOD ENDING.I can't stand a stupid ending in a game.
Now to me, that would be a pretty close to perfect game.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited by frosted_snow; 2006-05-08 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frosted_snow

Posted 2006-05-15, 04:19 PM in reply to frosted_snow's post "The Perfect Game?"
frosted_snow said:
I was deep in thought about what would make the "PERFECT" game.
To me the perfect game not only leads you so deep into the role of the character that you feel like you are the hero yourself, but also has a great way to unfailingly capture your attention as the story proceeds.
I totally agree with you there. Having the player think, "Hey, (Character's name) is kind of like me/someone I know!" is great, because it makes you easier for the people to relate to te story.

frosted_snow said:
I also can't STAND a depressing game,so to me the game must have a rather uplifted, yet action filled story concerning the hero.
The game has to at least have SOME depressing part, whether it's the character losing in an arena fight or having his friend being taken prisoner. True, though, I don't really like it when a game flatout kills a character for no reason, adding unneccessary depression.

frosted_snow said:
.It also must have a nice, neat, and organized system concerning your money, experience points, ect.Good graphics are always a pluss!It would also be great if it took more than a couple of hours to beat. Oh and how could I forget, MAKE A GOOD ENDING.
Agreed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2006-05-17, 03:03 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "I totally agree with you there. Having..."
I agree with Noob101 on the depressing part...but then again one just isn't enough. The perfect game shouldn't be uplifting all of the toime...Thaats just absurd. Some moments in the game should give you a warm fuzzy feeling, but others should give you a chill down your spine. I'm all for games I can relate with, but isn't it a lot more fun to be playing a character who's mysterious? Take Tales Of Symphonia for instance. I love this game. But when you find out that (SPOILER) Kratos isn't the mercenary accompanying you on your journey,protecting you, but actually keeping tabs on you, you get this wave of wonder as you piece together parts of the game and it all comes together when you find out about the true identity of everyone else. That game is what I consider to be the closest to perfect, and it has plenty of depressing parts. They just add to the depth of the story.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas