Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

30-40
Posted 2005-12-18, 10:24 PM
Just hit 30 yesterday. I'm gonna grind like hell and try to get to 40 fairly quickly so I can hopefully be allowed entrance into Volls' guild. Anyway, what is a good place to do go grind? I've been told to hit up Duskwood but is that the best place? Also, consider I'm a tailor so silk/mageweave drops would be a huge bonus in my grinding.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-12-18, 10:47 PM in reply to sue_13's post "30-40"
Get to 34, do Scarlet Monestary. If you want silk, that is the place to go. You'll have more silk than you can use. Plus there are tons of great drops there and great experience. SM was my favorite instance. You can get to level 40 there pretty easily.

Before 34, go to Stranglethorn Vale, do quests there, PVP, grind the trolls, stuff like that.

BTW, what character class are you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-19, 12:35 AM in reply to sue_13's post "30-40"
I might be able to run you through SM tomorrow if you catch me when I'm not in AB.

I grinded turtles in Hillsbrad till about 32 or so them grinded in front of hammerfall.

I can probably help you with stromgarde too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-12-19, 12:41 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I might be able to run you through SM..."
Alright, I'll hit up some turtles tomorrow till around 32ish and then do stranglethorn till 34ish and hopefully catch you when you aren't busy at some point.

I'm a troll/priest.

Sov, you are Alextra correct? MJ gave me all of you guys' names but it was awhile back and I'm really not sure which is which anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-12-19, 01:32 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "Alright, I'll hit up some turtles..."
Yup, thats sov.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2005-12-19, 11:11 PM in reply to sue_13's post "30-40"
sue_13 said:
Just hit 30 yesterday. I'm gonna grind like hell and try to get to 40 fairly quickly so I can hopefully be allowed entrance into Volls' guild. Anyway, what is a good place to do go grind? I've been told to hit up Duskwood but is that the best place? Also, consider I'm a tailor so silk/mageweave drops would be a huge bonus in my grinding.
Depending on the class you can run SM at 32 (priest). But yeah, get the Gnomer quests outta the way, you can even quest out in Arathi and SS I believe to help along, and grind up to 34. Then WHORE OUT SM UNTIL 40. That's just about all you can do besides quetsing in STV.

But after that, you get to run Uldaman40-45, Zul Furrakk45-50, Mauradon48-53, Sunken Temple50-55, etc. (Then you get all the high end shit).

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-12-20, 12:25 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Depending on the class you can run SM..."
34-40 are the easiest levels in the game minus the first few levels. Scarlet Monestary is a gem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-21, 12:09 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "34-40 are the easiest levels in the..."
I always thought 30-40 is the hardest. I've hated the run from 40-50 more..or even 20-30. They all have their up's and downs. I think Horde have it more easier than the Alliance. They can run intances from 12-40 and not leave their terrirtory. Even when they do it's a very short run from a camp with 55 guards surrounding it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-12-21, 12:23 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I always thought 30-40 is the hardest...."
30-40 definately isn't the hardest for horde. I guess not as many alliance do SM, but it's amazingly easy for horde to get to 40 once they start SM. As for running instances from 12-40, it's true that all of our instances up until level 40 are in out territory, except for maybe BFD, but nobody runs that anyway. Point is, it isn't like we can just level up to 40 simply by running instances.

I personally found 30-34 and 40-45 the hardest. Especially 40-45. God. Fuck 40-45. 40-45 fucking sucks. My characters will never be 40-45 ever again. Ever. Not even my currently level 21 mage. He will skip over levels 40-45 because I named him ChuckNorris. As a matter of fact he roundhoused Onyxia in the face last night and got 10 levels.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2005-12-21 at 12:25 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-21, 02:26 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "30-40 definately isn't the hardest for..."
Here's my usual spots 30-40:

Finish quests in Hillsbrad (Dalaran quests/etc)
Finish in Thousand Needles (if you still have anything)
Non-Elite quests in Arathi

Start in STV around 35, do all available quests that you can solo
Run SM for equipment upgrades as needed

Very beginning quests in Swamp of Sorrows

Probably forgetting a place or two, 30-39 is an annoying stretch, only second to 40-47. After that, you're doing good in Searing Gorge/Hinterlands/Maraudon until around 51-52.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-12-25, 02:18 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Here's my usual spots 30-40: Finish..."
Get yourself a high DPS friend to duo with and you'll shoot through levels. I got from 50 to 58 in a few days doing that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-30, 08:57 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Get yourself a high DPS friend to duo..."
I personally hate 50-55 you are too low to run high level instances so you are stuck with the questing.

Only fools overlook BFD. BFD has some awesome drops in it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-01-01, 04:30 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I personally hate 50-55 you are too low..."
pr0xy said:
I personally hate 50-55 you are too low to run high level instances so you are stuck with the questing.

Only fools overlook BFD. BFD has some awesome drops in it.
BFD is out of the way, and nothing in there worth really going for that you won't replace in RFK/SM/RFD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2006-01-01, 05:46 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "BFD is out of the way, and nothing in..."
BFD is definately worth running, I loved it, got my Staff of the Sleepwalker and Gravestone Sceptor there that I'm still using at level 32, Gravestone Sceptor is getting replaced with Earthen Wand at level 33 and Staff of the Sleepwalker is getting replaced with Illusionary Rod.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-01-03, 03:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "BFD is definately worth running, I..."
for 30-36 i grind in shimmering flats, for horde. Not as much gankage as in STV, and not really many people there in general. at 36 or so just run SM as everyone has previously stated, it works like a charm. But ofcourse if your not on a pvp server go to STV at 30 if you like, you can do a few quests
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2006-01-03, 11:05 PM in reply to Boo~Hoo's post starting "for 30-36 i grind in shimmering flats,..."
I'd actually suggest waiting until about 31-32 to go to STV because the quests will be a lot easier if you do. Just do Shimmering Flats first, the quests there end up leading to STV.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-01-04, 12:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'd actually suggest waiting until..."
In fact, do your best to avoid stv. I hate that place.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-01-04, 06:08 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "In fact, do your best to avoid stv. I..."
Well at level 30 I could only find 2 quests that were yellow for me in STV except for one green quest in BB, at level 31-32 that changes and there are tons of quests that are yellow, and there are 3 quests where you have to collect things from the same mobs, the trolls, so basically you do 3 quests at once which is very efficient, and they are just north of Grom'Gol, so even if an alliance attempts to gank you you can run away if you can't handle them, I guess it depends partly on what class you are since as a mage I can run away from just about anything. The only thing that killed me in STV was a 60 rogue that ambush critted me for 1500 damage or so, and I barely have 1000 hp.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-01-05, 12:48 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well at level 30 I could only find 2..."
What about Desolace? I have a few quests there. I did Shimmering Flats and a bit of STV. (major gankage, must've picked a bad night) One more level and I plan on running SM for awhile. I'm 35 now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13

Posted 2006-01-05, 01:06 AM in reply to sue_13's post starting "What about Desolace? I have a few..."
I'm 35 right now doing desolace, good level to start it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!