Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

3d chess game
Posted 2005-11-13, 12:38 AM
Here is a screenshot for a 2 player only chess game me and my friend Justin are making in blender3d.

Drool over it until it releases in Feb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chess.jpg (53.6 KB, 36 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2005-11-13, 12:41 AM in reply to Wed-G's post "3d chess game"
nice job. that render looks really clean.. good work on the models. i will keep my eye out for this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2005-11-13, 08:50 AM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "nice job. that render looks really..."
that looks pretty sweet cant wait for it to come ouyt
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-11-13, 09:09 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "that looks pretty sweet cant wait for..."
That does look pretty nice, amigo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-11-13, 02:19 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "3d chess game"
Make a multiplayer feature!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-11-15, 12:05 AM in reply to Wed-G's post "3d chess game"
wow..... you're really experienced.... geez do I feel inferior. How do you get the other player(comp I'm guessing) to react intelligently to your moves, programming-wise? and where are you going to get it released? is it going to be free(plz say yes)?

Last edited by sciencekid; 2005-11-15 at 12:08 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2005-11-17, 10:53 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "wow..... you're really experienced......."
It's only two player and free.

Now if I want to have it online multiplayer I'd need to learn how to make that in Python.

I'm sad to say, the graphics might not look like that when finished.

I'm still not experienced enough to make high quality visuals with the game engine. That is all pre-rendered. Sorry for the false advertising.

The visuals wont be bad though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2005-11-18, 03:36 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "It's only two player and free. Now..."
If all else fails, then you can always make it out of paper.

A nice little Origami chess set.

http://www.fishgoth.com/origami/chess.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-11-18, 07:14 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "It's only two player and free. Now..."
Minimax game tree, ASSEMBLE!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-11-19, 06:24 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "It's only two player and free. Now..."
How's it coming along so far?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-11-20, 01:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "How's it coming along so far?"
A lot of python errors to fix. Remodeling to be done. You know.

I'm not really good at python so I'm letting justin fix what I broke
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2005-12-06, 12:04 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "A lot of python errors to fix...."
hey wed-g have you ever tried to use a program called blender? it's free and is a little over 4 megs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2005-12-06, 03:03 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "hey wed-g have you ever tried to use a..."
sciencekid said:
hey wed-g have you ever tried to use a program called blender? it's free and is a little over 4 megs.
Thats what the game is being made in.

Wed-G said:
Here is a screenshot for a 2 player only chess game me and my friend Justin are making in blender3d.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2005-12-06, 05:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If all else fails, then you can always..."
Kung Fu Chess anyone? http://www.kungfuchess.com/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2005-12-07, 12:13 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Kung Fu Chess anyone?..."
i'll kung fu chess YOUR MOM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sebarak is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSebarak is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sebarak

Posted 2005-12-07, 05:05 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Thats what the game is being made in."
sorry, i was pretty tired(just woke up) when i wrote that. I wasn't paying attention. but anyway, you know how to work blender?! I just started and i need help on how to work it, can you help?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2005-12-08, 07:06 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "sorry, i was pretty tired(just woke up)..."
The Blender3D site has a few tutorials:

http://www.blender3d.com/cms/Using_Blender.80.0.html

And how's it all going Wed? Good to see that at least one of us kept at Blender . I got rid of it ages ago, 'twas driving me sane.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-08, 08:47 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The Blender3D site has a few tutorials:..."
nice i am currently working on racing game in blender. I am right now modelling Toyota Ae86 trueno my favorite car.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2005-12-08, 05:14 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "nice i am currently working on racing..."
osmoses-jones said:
nice i am currently working on racing game in blender. I am right now modelling Toyota Ae86 trueno my favorite car.
I wish I could model cars...

Do you think you could model a car for me and my nonprofit use?

My cousin has a black Mazda 6 and I've always wanted to see it in blender.

But after hours of not be able to model it I gave up...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2005-12-08, 07:48 PM in reply to Sebarak's post starting "i'll kung fu chess YOUR MOM."
Sebarak said:
i'll kung fu chess YOUR MOM.
http://www.lmmfao.com/videos/46
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav