Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Final Fantasy VII Advent children
Posted 2005-10-02, 07:23 PM
I found a flyer today at my college that said they will be showing FFVII AC which is odd because i dont think it is out yet so it is probably going to be in japanese but hopefully it will be subtitled. Even if it isnt i am still going to watch it because it looks awesome.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-10-02, 07:34 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "Final Fantasy VII Advent children"
I watched it at work on my PSP... Jap voices, Eng subs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-10-02, 08:25 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "I watched it at work on my PSP... ^^ ..."
I watched it a week ago, Japanese and no subtitles. Sweet action sequences though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-10-04, 03:08 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I watched it a week ago, Japanese and..."
I have a copy on hold. I can wait.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2005-10-07, 01:59 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I have a copy on hold. I can wait. :)"
I know the plot and might buy it... Though i really don't want to give a dime to Square-Enix.

But, there you go. Kadaj is not hotter than Kuja. (A senseless debate started on another forum I will spread here)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Jedi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Jedi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Jedi

Posted 2005-10-07, 04:37 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I have a copy on hold. I can wait. :)"
i forgot i posted here.... the version i saw was japanese with English subtitles and all i have to say is WOW it fucking ruled. The only thing i cant figure out is why Square Enix didnt release it in the theatre i can oly imagine ho much more it would have kicked ass to see it on a big screen with awesome detail.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-10-07, 06:16 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i forgot i posted here.... the version..."
Despite the legions of FF7 fanboys out there, they probably didn't supsect it would make enough in the box office, so they decided a straight-to-video release would bring in more revenue.

It's all about money. Cid looks a lot younger than what I thought he was.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Jedi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Jedi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Jedi

Posted 2005-10-07, 06:28 PM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "Despite the legions of FF7 fanboys out..."
Why, exactly, don't you want to give a dime to Square-Enix?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-10-07, 07:12 PM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "Despite the legions of FF7 fanboys out..."
how do you figure it is cheaper to go straight to video. I mean didnt they already spend an ass load of money on it in the first place in the animations department. I guess it would have been expensive to find Voice Actors to Dub it into English but still it fucking kicked so much ass. I dont know a a person who has played FFVII even one time that would not be willing to go to the theatre to see the movie of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-10-07, 08:14 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "how do you figure it is cheaper to go..."
I would SO have gone to see it in theaters if it had gone there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2005-10-08, 12:39 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I would SO have gone to see it in..."
Bob said:
Why, exactly, don't you want to give a dime to Square-Enix?
They suck. They took the legacy of Squaresoft and killed it, then pissed on its grave. I mean, in just concerning this movie, it was scheduled to come out September. Now it's jumped all the way to the frickin' end of November. Tch. No thanks, man. SE has done nothing to get my respect or think that I should give them a single red cent.

tidus said:
how do you figure it is cheaper to go straight to video. I mean didnt they already spend an ass load of money on it in the first place in the animations department. I guess it would have been expensive to find Voice Actors to Dub it into English but still it fucking kicked so much ass. I dont know a a person who has played FFVII even one time that would not be willing to go to the theatre to see the movie of it.
I wouldn't have. As FFVII is the most overrated game in history, I can't exactly say I was too hyped about going to a theater, spending ten bucks on tickets, then another frickin' ten for a small pop and a bag of m&m's. I'm not even gonna buy it. A friend is copying it for me, as I can't download it like he did, and sending it to me. So, I find this much more convenient.

Jessifer said:
I would SO have gone to see it in theaters if it had gone there.
Your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But I don't see what the whole point of sending it to theaters instead of video. I mean, buy the vid, you got it to watch at your leisure to watch as many ungodly times you want, in a whole day. You don't think that's preferable?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dark Jedi

Posted 2005-10-08, 09:53 AM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "They suck. They took the legacy of..."
Preferable, yes. But there's just something about seeing it on a giant screen...

...I get all tingly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2005-10-08, 05:12 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Preferable, yes. But there's just..."
Kadaj makes you put your hands down your pants, that's where the tinglyness comes from. (Webster forgive me)

I still don't see how Rufus survived. And he was gonna say how he did, but that bastard cut him off.

And why is Aeris back? i know she'd be...the fanboys would bomb SE HQ if they didn't. But still, SHE'S DEAD. STAY DEAD!!!

I loathe every character from FFVII except Tifa, Barret and Vincent, who are tolerable.

And, of course, Reno ain't bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dark Jedi

Posted 2005-10-08, 07:36 PM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "Kadaj makes you put your hands down..."
Vincent makes me tingly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RabidFangirls.JPG (5.3 KB, 21 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2005-10-08, 08:23 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Vincent makes me tingly. ^_^"
I'm always afraid of them, as Cloud has an unholy amount of them simpering over how "gentle" he really is...

Poor Kain doesn't have any of those fangirls.

I just don't get it. He should have legions of them.

But, Vincent does look awesome in the movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kAIN1.jpg (15.5 KB, 3 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dark Jedi

Posted 2005-10-08, 09:17 PM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "I'm always afraid of them, as Cloud has..."
Geh. Cloud annoys me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2005-10-08, 11:30 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Geh. Cloud annoys me."
He annoys me, too.

Though, Aeris gets most of my hatred. It goes:

1. Aeris
2. Sephiroth
3. Cloud
4. Hojo

Ick. But, as the Top 3 get most of the Fame, you'll hear me rant about how lame they are, as opposed to Hojo, who, next to Jenova, was the true evil of FFVII. Not Sephiroth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dark Jedi

Posted 2005-10-09, 01:29 AM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "He annoys me, too. Though, Aeris..."
while you are right that the true evil of FFVII is Jenova but Sephiroth was basically a human form of Jenova as far as the evil went. I mean you cant really Jenova to be considered the evil when it is in a fucking glass test chamber thing. Jenova didnt really do anything but sit there and look "scary". Sephiroth was just a total badass he was uber strong and from what i could tell he didnt need materia he simply could use "Mako" energy to cast spells.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-10-09, 09:14 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "while you are right that the true evil..."
Well, yeah, I think so, too. I mean, his transformations are the result of years and years of gathering strength and pretty much utilizing all the power his Jenova Cells possessed. Still, he is all show. His character is flawed. I mean, look at it. "I live a life of significane and am not exactly friendly, but I am not cruel. But now... I'll read some books and go insane!!!!" Sheesh.

I've heard Seph is better in AC, but I doubt even that will make me like him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dark Jedi

Posted 2005-10-11, 04:55 PM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "Well, yeah, I think so, too. I mean,..."
well you dont really get to seph in the movie except for the last fight sceen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005