Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

ISO: New PC game
Posted 2005-05-25, 11:35 PM
well i did it, im finally getting faster internet instead of the lousy 38k i used to connect at im jumping to a whopping 512k thats a huge increase, so now i can play some games that everyone else does, (not diablo).

theres probably 4 main titles on everyones mind

~Guild Wars
~WoW
~Evercrack
~Finaly Fantasy 11

i was a huge fan of ff7 the whole materia thing was just the greatest thing ever released on any game today. and now that they are remaking it for the ps3 makes me want to get one but being able to afford one anytime soon, isnt likely so ill wait on that. and i havent really played the other ones so what do you guys think, what should i try out on my 1st game on highspeed
to my heart soul and the being in which i am i love you megan

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-05-26, 01:17 AM in reply to zygoat's post "ISO: New PC game"
Guild Wars.

This game is so addicting it's like d2 all over again. The other day I was playing and playing untill I glanced at the clock and saw I had played for over 5 hours... That hasnt happened since D2 or Deus Ex.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-05-26, 06:56 AM in reply to zygoat's post "ISO: New PC game"
WoW if you can afford it, GW otherwise; the rest aren't worth consideration.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-05-26, 07:18 AM in reply to zygoat's post "ISO: New PC game"
http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?s...17&find=Search

You lazy boob.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-26, 08:11 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortb..."
Guildwars is good until you realize that instances= sux0r
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-05-26, 02:05 PM in reply to zygoat's post "ISO: New PC game"
I remember playing Lineage, that game was addicting. In fact, not much about that game was too special. It was just addicting. I also played Lineage 2 during closed beta. It was aight, ran extremely well, but once it became open beta it slowed right down due to so many players. Might wanna check those two games out.

site should be www.lineagethebloodpledge.com
and www.lineage2.com
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-05-26, 02:26 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "I remember playing Lineage, that game..."
I'm thinking of getting Guild Wars also, but I haven't really seen that much of it.

What sets it apart from the rest? (aside from $0/month)
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-05-26, 02:38 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Guildwars is good until you realize..."
What are instances?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-26, 02:49 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "What are instances?"
Areas that are created just for you and your party (if you have one). When in an instance you wont see any other players except those that are in your party.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-05-26, 02:51 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Areas that are created just for you and..."
So a PvM-only zone.... Big deal. If they suck, don't do them.... right?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-05-26, 08:22 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "So a PvM-only zone.... Big deal. If..."
Medieval Bob said:
So a PvM-only zone.... Big deal. If they suck, don't do them.... right?

You cant chosoe not to do them........this game isnt a MMRPG........an instance is crated for YOU only, or if you ahve a party for that party ONLY.....that means that its basically single player except in towns and in arenas........unless u have a party........the game is awesome, i wont lie, but the instances thing jsut makes it worthless........I wish they at leats had public zones or something
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-05-27, 08:19 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "You cant chosoe not to do..."
So unless you're in an arena or a town or have a party with you, the game is always single player?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-05-27, 09:41 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "So unless you're in an arena or a town..."
Yes, that's basically it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-05-27, 10:45 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Yes, that's basically it."
WoW is addicting so go for that, if you can't afford it though your outta luck.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-27, 11:01 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "WoW is addicting so go for that, if you..."
I can see where they were tryign to get with the instances....you know...prevent kill stealing and ninja looting ....but they over did it...they shoudl give u an option if you wan tto play in instance or not........but then again , instances are what make the game free.....they dont wanna host a big world....what they do is kinda let you host the game yourself...how gay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-05-27, 11:19 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "You cant chosoe not to do..."
What's even better is that the towns are actually instanced, too. You can't just plan on meeting up in town, you have to plan on being in the same instance of the town
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-05-27, 12:16 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What's even better is that the towns..."
Is the game mostly concentrated on PvP? Are the arenas free-for-all or team challenge or what?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-05-27, 12:21 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What's even better is that the towns..."
You can change between the town instances with a click of a button so meeting up with someone in a town is no problem.

Bob, you should read the gamespy review, it's pretty accurate and informative.
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars/613203p1.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-05-27, 08:42 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "You can change between the town..."
http://www.novalogic.com/games.asp?GameKey=JOE

Quote:
Pilot fast attack helicopters and mow down the enemy below, or jump on board a Chinook and parachute into enemy territory, diving for cover on impact to prevent detection. Use dirt bikes to negotiate rough terrain with speed and steer combat tanks into the enemy camp, using brute force to take out main defenses.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-05-27, 10:32 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "http://www.novalogic.com/games.asp?GameK..."
Adrena u play JKoint ops too? I lvoe this game....i have always been a fan of novalogic since F16 MRF and delta force......I;ve played thru every single delta force that has come out....I love Joint ops Escalation so much .....

Hit me up on aim sometime and we can pwn some people k
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hades-Knight