Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Unleashed
Posted 2005-05-14, 08:42 PM
Pretty mediocre. It definitely wasn't a Last Samurai, but on the other end it wasn't a Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I enjoyed it, and I thought it had a pretty decent plot. For a Jet Li film, it was damn tame on the fighting. I think there was really like 3 action scenes in the entire movie, otherwise it might've been a snippet here and there of action. My main beef for the movie was probably the ending when Morgan Freeman, who plays a blind man, picks up a knocked over flower pot which he would have no fkn clue it was there and then hits someone with it.

Fairly average movie, didn't suck, didn't kick ass.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2005-05-15, 02:20 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Unleashed"
ask_rabber said:
Pretty mediocre. It definitely wasn't a Last Samurai, but on the other end it wasn't a Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I enjoyed it, and I thought it had a pretty decent plot. For a Jet Li film, it was damn tame on the fighting. I think there was really like 3 action scenes in the entire movie, otherwise it might've been a snippet here and there of action. My main beef for the movie was probably the ending when Morgan Freeman, who plays a blind man, picks up a knocked over flower pot which he would have no fkn clue it was there and then hits someone with it.

Fairly average movie, didn't suck, didn't kick ass.
You've gotta be kidding.
(Watched this movie Thurs night screening)

The plot for Unleashed was really good in my opinion. It starts off with a Govenor with his bad ass "dog" where he makes runs around the city to make sure his deals go through.

Also, there was ALOT of action in this movie. It starts out with a kickass 10 minute action scene, there is a total of about 10 fight scenes in a movie, (that is alot, probably about 70% of the movie is fighting).

In the end with the whole flower pot thing, if would have been watching you would have seen that Morgan freeman indeed knocked it over himself, and then felt around for something and hit him in the back of the head. (Blind people have good senses 'n shit,,).

Over all I give this movie a 8/10 because I felt that it was very well planned out, executed and presented. The fighting scenes are great (typical asian kung fu movie style). There is a great plot behind the film, and I recommend seeing it before you make your own biased opinions of the film.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-15, 09:50 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You've gotta be kidding. (Watched..."
D3V said:
Also, there was ALOT of action in this movie. It starts out with a kickass 10 minute action scene, there is a total of about 10 fight scenes in a movie, (that is alot, probably about 70% of the movie is fighting).
Did you happen to get up and take a 40 minute shit when he first met up with Freeman?
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2005-05-16, 08:59 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post starting "Did you happen to get up and take a 40..."
That was the only area of the movie where there wasn't a shizload of violence, it was the story part of the movie. You can only cram so much fightt scenes into one movie before it becomes a chinese black and white film with subtitles.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-17, 07:06 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "That was the only area of the movie..."
I saw unleashed last night and i thought it was pretty dam good. the plot was kinda questionable. with some gaping holes. Like the whole collar thing, i think they should have expanded upon that and how his uncle trained him. it would have made for a better movie. also i am still puzzled as to how he jet li can talk. I mean he is shown as a dog who only understands fighting and then he starts to read music and can read his little kiddy book and under stands alot more than i thought he should have but there is no real sense of time so maybe he is with Morgan Freeman for a few months.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-17, 10:40 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "I saw unleashed last night and i..."
They actually mention in the movie that he has been with them for a few months.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence