Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Aura...mancer?
Posted 2005-05-11, 12:06 PM
Just a quick question...anyone know if Holy Fire and Holy Shock work with minions like skeletons? I know fanatacism and thorns does but....just curious if there was potential for an auramancer with a gear build similar to an auradin or just use lightning alone or something.

Im not sure how well it'd work really as you not only lose the +skills you get from your weapon (though Beast users lose that too) but also from your helm and shield if you do both fire and lightning....so I dont know how tough the minions would actually be but I'd assume the damage must be decent if it does work. (Dream Helm, Dream Shield HoJ and a Dragon Armor I believe it'd be if you used everything). The biggest issue I see is losing the teleport of an enigma so you lose the minion stacking and such but I suppose you can get a +skill amulet with teleport charges if need be...or just go straight lightning and use an enigma along with a beast/Hoto/other wand.

Dunno...anyone ever try this before?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-11, 02:53 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post "Aura...mancer?"
Sounds like a good idea to me but I dunno how well it would work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-05-11, 05:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sounds like a good idea to me but I..."
My guess is they do, but its not like anybody duels necros that are summoners. Well, I just sit behind my traps, but its not like youl get a real duel with anybody.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-05-11, 09:15 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "My guess is they do, but its not like..."
Ive got another project Im finishing off first and then I think I'll try this...worst that happens is it doesnt work and I can trade off the dream/dragon or whatever I make....not a big deal as they tend to be popular these days. if it works I'll post a guide on what I did.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-12, 07:00 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "Ive got another project Im finishing..."
Umm as far as if your minions getting lightning damage i think not. You would still do damage when the auar flashes but your minion's attacks would not recieve the lightning/fire damage. Just think about it do you recieve cold damage from a holy freeze merc?
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-12, 07:55 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Umm as far as if your minions getting..."
tidus2005 said:
Umm as far as if your minions getting lightning damage i think not. You would still do damage when the auar flashes but your minion's attacks would not recieve the lightning/fire damage. Just think about it do you recieve cold damage from a holy freeze merc?

I don't usually use HF mercs with melee but its a good point and I'll assume by the tone of your post the answer is no. I suspect it probably wouldnt work then...too bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-13, 06:30 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "I don't usually use HF mercs with melee..."
Well dont get me wrong it would still be a unique type of build and you would do a little bit of each elemental damage but overall your damage would suck because only the flashes from the auras would damage your opponent. More than likely the people you will be dueling will have good resist anyway so it would not do much damage at all. On top of that you would be missing alot of + skill points that would improve you skeletons by having on the aura gear. and with out tele your skeletons would not be able to kill many people because while your minions are walking toward someone they will be attacking you.

On the Flip side if you could post the items that give you auras since i have not played in a long time. And if they are rune words what type of items they can go in. I am thinking that it would be possible to make a decent aura barb.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-16, 05:22 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post "Aura...mancer?"
Even if it DOES work (not sure if it will or wont, but probably wont), it'd be a very gay build, and If I ever saw one my sorb gear would come on and I'd foh him to hell.

<3 basroil.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-16, 05:58 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Well dont get me wrong it would still..."
Thats sooo my idea! I would have done it but I havent had the time or the expensies at the moment.
Kaneda said:
I was thinking about making a barb, and seeing how many total auras I can have w/ the aid of a merc(Doom,Dream,Bramble,Beast/Pheonix-switch, Merc-Infinity maybe Pride,Dragon ) that would be tight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-16, 03:50 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Thats sooo my idea! I would have done..."
I'm pretty sure auras don't stack unless they've changed it. Your aura would just change every second or so I guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-05-16, 09:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm pretty sure auras don't stack..."
There are a few aurabarb guides out there already so Im sure if you did a search you'd come up with something. As far as it being a gay build? Heh 'sorb all you want you still have the same problems with dueling any summoner really. In the original idea I'd have just gone for holy fire (HoJ and a dragon Shield) and you still would wear enigma and whatever helm you want (shako probably) so you would only lose +skills from your weapon (but since many use Beast anyways..) and your shield. So yes you'd be weaker in some ways (about 3 levels) but your damage would probably be higher...also this is posted not in the pvp section but in the general section ...not everythings a dueler though Im sure if it worked itd be decent enough. The problem is the minions dont benifit from Holy Fire so its all a moot point.

Back to the drawing board.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-17, 12:36 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "There are a few aurabarb guides out..."
If it's basically a summoner with a shitty aura, fuck the aura and just be summon... You'll still lose to everything that my summoner looses too + you'll look like an idiot for having an aura.

Trap assassins
WW barbs
WW sins
Wind Druids
Sorcs

Allt hsoe would have their ways with you. This build is useless and is only there for that pretty little aura damage animation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-17, 05:51 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "If it's basically a summoner with a..."
Sovereign said:
If it's basically a summoner with a shitty aura, fuck the aura and just be summon... You'll still lose to everything that my summoner looses too + you'll look like an idiot for having an aura.

Trap assassins
WW barbs
WW sins
Wind Druids
Sorcs

Allt hsoe would have their ways with you. This build is useless and is only there for that pretty little aura damage animation.

Did I or tidus mispeak Sov? Is there some confusion about how it was said the minions don't get the aura? Of course its useless because the splash damage doesn't work well enough alone. If the minions got something out of it then well one could test it before making a snap judgement I suppose but frankly your reply is more useless than the build since you're stuck on the fact you think you have someone to convince of something about a build that we already decided wouldn't work due to the way the auras themselves work.

If I were playing a summoner though in pvp...which I'm not as again this would have been posted in the pvp forum not here...id frankly love it if I made someone change their gear to absorbing gear rather than their normal higher damage/better DR/higher life gear as that certainly gives me a better shot since the damage from losing 3 levels of the minions isn't all that much and the physical damage would still be the major factor. Anyways done..doesn't work and its already been said....next topic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos