Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Raid Led by Yours Truly
Posted 2005-02-14, 12:32 AM
I led a raid and we Wiped out Refuge point and took a nice stroll into South shore. One of the pics will have a picture of many dead guard bodies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_202316.jpg (269.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_203257.jpg (275.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_203259.jpg (277.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_203303.jpg (279.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_203307.jpg (263.8 KB, 14 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2005-02-14, 12:34 AM in reply to timmay1113's post "Raid Led by Yours Truly"
here are the South shore ones with the bodies, Primal Dominion 4tw! heh i got some brownie points for our guild for leading that Voll
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_205548.jpg (280.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_205554.jpg (263.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_205703.jpg (266.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_021305_205907.jpg (255.7 KB, 16 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2005-02-14, 02:41 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "here are the South shore ones with the..."
Yeah, go figure. The one Raid I miss out on, because I had to drive up to Riverside to take my little sister home.

Brownie points? wtf?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-02-14, 03:14 AM in reply to timmay1113's post "Raid Led by Yours Truly"
Did anyone even bother to defend the Refuge Point?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-02-14, 05:27 AM in reply to timmay1113's post "Raid Led by Yours Truly"
Try taking out stormwind now!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-02-14, 08:52 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Try taking out stormwind now!"
Stormwind is the hardest one due to the sheer guard zerg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2005-02-14, 11:08 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Try taking out stormwind now!"
We actually planned on it, but it got disorganized because people couldn't follow simple directions. By the time we met up in Duskwood to head there I was in the lead. One group when one way at the fork and the other went another way. The mounted got ahead and left a few of us stranded in darkshire so I was fighting off a zerg of guards and lowbie alliance before I finally managed to get us through. By then a bunch were already rushing into SW and getting wtfpwnt while the smart ones were waiting outside the gates for everyone to get there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2005-02-14, 12:02 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "We actually planned on it, but it got..."
A frontal assault on Stormwind? There are better ways. For instance, ahead of time send in three individual people, one of which is a warlock with lots of soul shards, with a good interval between, say a good 15 minutes. They go in naked to prevent armor damage by guards and die and rez as many times as nessesary to get to their goal. They all meet up at a hiding spot (the bastard alliance get fully modeled cities complete with useless buildings with rooms, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a safe place to hide), then when the raiders are ready, they portal in all the warlocks, who in turn portal in everyone else. Reorganize the raid, then give the command. Owned from within!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-02-14, 02:59 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "A frontal assault on Stormwind? There..."
I think mages get a mass teleport because a friend told me about a raid in storm wind where the mages teleported over a 100 people into the city. Not on our servers but on another one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

timmay1113

Posted 2005-02-14, 05:53 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "A frontal assault on Stormwind? There..."
WetWired said:
A frontal assault on Stormwind?
For some reason, I would more eagerly participate in a Frontal Assault on Stormwind rather than a sneak-in type of deal.

While your idea is one I've used in a situation or two (sneaking a small group into an Alliance location and using Warlocks to port in the rest of the crew), just something about assaulting the gates of Stormwind makes me feel that it would be more impressive, even if we fail to take over more than 1 district.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-02-14, 06:09 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "For some reason, I would more eagerly..."
Vollstrecker said:
For some reason, I would more eagerly participate in a Frontal Assault on Stormwind rather than a sneak-in type of deal.

While your idea is one I've used in a situation or two (sneaking a small group into an Alliance location and using Warlocks to port in the rest of the crew), just something about assaulting the gates of Stormwind makes me feel that it would be more impressive, even if we fail to take over more than 1 district.
Goddamn it. All this talk of this shit makes me want to play WoW more than ever, but I know it's going to fucking kill my grade.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-02-14, 07:13 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Goddamn it. All this talk of this shit..."
you mean your grade in school? how will it do that? just control yourself
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2005-02-14, 08:05 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "you mean your grade in school? how will..."
....Stop posting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2005-02-14, 08:06 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "you mean your grade in school? how will..."
iceman887 said:
you mean your grade in school? how will it do that? just control yourself
I don't have that much self-control. I know what D2 did to me. I don't want WoW to become like that, which is why I'll wait till the summer to decide whether or not I want to buy it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-02-14, 09:03 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't have that much self-control. I..."
Wow isnt as addicting as d2. i've been playing since day one and im still lvl 32.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-02-14, 10:24 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't have that much self-control. I..."
mjordan2nd said:
I don't have that much self-control. I know what D2 did to me. I don't want WoW to become like that, which is why I'll wait till the summer to decide whether or not I want to buy it.
Nah, after about a month, the insane WoW addiction wears off, and you relax into a more comfortable playstyle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-02-14, 10:27 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Nah, after about a month, the insane..."
Vollstrecker said:
Nah, after about a month, the insane WoW addiction wears off, and you relax into a more comfortable playstyle.
*sigh*.

I guess Timmay is going to get me to try it out after all. Don't expect me to play on weekdays. I'm going to uninstall it every sunday night and give my parents the CD if this gets addicting. I'm not going through D2 again.

Tim, if you read this, and haven't gotten the Cds from your friend yet, just gimme a quick call.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-02-14, 10:31 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Nah, after about a month, the insane..."
Im the sexual Cow named Mog in the pics. Find me where's waldo style.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2005-02-15, 02:06 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "*sigh*. I guess Timmay is going to..."
mjordan2nd said:
I guess Timmay is going to get me to try it out after all. Don't expect me to play on weekdays. I'm going to uninstall it every sunday night and give my parents the CD if this gets addicting. I'm not going through D2 again.
I understand. Give us a shout if you're planning on joining up with us. I figure you are, due to your knowing Tim and all, but who knows?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-02-15, 08:33 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "*sigh*. I guess Timmay is going to..."
So you're going to patch from retail every weekend? Why don't you just set up your router to block outgoing requests to one of the game ports on weekdays?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired