Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Question Color changing / Hero name within a message box
Posted 2005-01-09, 12:31 AM
Actually, another question, how do I make it happen so when I have a message, the person in front says his name at the top?......and how do you color the name? (Gah, I'm such a n00b it's not even funny)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2005-01-09, 01:16 AM in reply to Noob101's post "Color changing / Hero name within a..."
I still haven't found if this is a 2k or XP install

Either way, you do change the colors like this:

\c[1]BlueCube\c[0]:
You should head west to the \c[2]Evil Mountains\c[0].

That'll return:

Doing a [0] color will return the color to default. All colors will remain until you change them, or the message box ends. (Also, from a style standpoint, don't color in end punctuation along with a single word/phrase, it just looks messy)

All colors are determined by the System graphic you have set up.

The numbering starts at 0 and ends at 19. So white is the default color, number 1 is dark blue, and number 2 is orange. If you wanted yellow, you'd see that it's number 4. Easy enough.

For hero names, you just use \n[0] for the first member in your party. (All other numbers will return the database numbers for that hero, not the party position.)

I'm splitting this thread off because it's a new question..

Last edited by BlueCube; 2005-01-09 at 01:33 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2005-01-09, 12:07 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "I still haven't found if this is a 2k..."
Hey you could always go into the help and read. but some poeple dont have that option, or you could just want to get online and talk to people. Either way, is cool with me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
savagebob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensavagebob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

savagebob

Posted 2005-01-09, 12:36 PM in reply to savagebob's post starting "Hey you could always go into the help..."
Alruight, thanks Bluecube....sorry I wasn't that specific :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101