Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Is starcraft dying finally?
Yes 2 20.00%
Wc3 has allready taken it's toll and when WoW comes out that will finish it. 5 50.00%
No 1 10.00%
It will have another resurgance like it always does. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

The beginign of the end for sc?
Posted 2004-10-11, 01:25 PM
Is the glorious star craft finally dying out? I for one think that the long process of death is finally ebbing at sc's door. My friends who have been loyal sc fans for as long as I can remember just recently let me convert them over to wc3 and they love it's intense micro/macro gameplay.Also my two brothers have been starcraft fans for three long years and they stopped playing about 4 months ago. One of them went to wc3 with me and my other bro who had quit playing sc at about the same time as me, and the other just quit gaming all together due to the fact that he was just good at money maps and had no micro so when he tried wc3 which is just a micro game... well yeah you get the picture.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth

Last edited by zagggon; 2004-10-11 at 01:28 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-11, 02:52 PM in reply to zagggon's post "The beginign of the end for sc?"
It's slowly losing popularity. I still play it here adn there, I Just stopped because all of my friends quit. 1v1's get boring. 2v2's owned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-11, 04:32 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It's slowly losing popularity. I still..."
I played all summer with my friends.........now since everyone went to college we dont play anymore.....all I do now is play wc3 roc custom maps
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-10-11, 04:36 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "I played all summer with my..."
they just need to make a sc2 after WoW
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-10-11, 04:45 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "they just need to make a sc2 after WoW"
Why would they make a sc2 after WoW that would take away all WoW's fame in one foul swoop? Trust me, they will not do that.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-11, 05:10 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Why would they make a sc2 after WoW..."
zagggon said:
Why would they make a sc2 after WoW that would take away all WoW's fame in one foul swoop?
Indeed, the swoop would be foul.

I can forsee Starcraft 2 coming, but not for some time. Wasn't it leaked that it was underway already, but for a future release date (like a few years)? I swear I read that somewhere.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-11, 05:18 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Why would they make a sc2 after WoW..."
dude they wouldnt be able to put sc2 out till like 2 years after WoW so it wouldnt exactly steal its fame. Plus Sc2 and WoW would be two completely different game types.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-10-11, 05:21 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Indeed, the swoop would be foul. I..."
No, it's all hype from old starcraft fans who hate warcraft and want desperatly to see a sc2 soon. I know this because two of my brothers are guilty of this "hype" and missleading poor lil people like you Volls. Im sure within 8-12 years a sc2 is inevitable, but I think Blizzard will wait a good 5 years atleast before they start another game besides WoW and sc ghost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-11, 05:24 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "No, it's all hype from old starcraft..."
WoW is a different game genre than SC2. There won't be a mass exodus from WoW to SC2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-11, 05:24 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "No, it's all hype from old starcraft..."
lol no they wont. They will finish off StarCraft ghost next year after WoW probably and then in 2006 start working on something new. Then that game will be out around 2009 or so. 4 years is plenty of time for WoW
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

timmay1113

Posted 2004-10-11, 05:43 PM in reply to zagggon's post "The beginign of the end for sc?"
War3 takes alot more stratagy and microing. Starcraft is just mass and let your units die... Yeah war3 kinda fucked starcraft up something fierce.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-10-11, 06:25 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "War3 takes alot more stratagy and..."
Wow... you're one of those newbs who mass goons or lings and let me rape them wif somethign so simple as a sci ves, ghosts, or maelstrom.

I don't know how you play/played, but thats a horrible strat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-11, 09:07 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Wow... you're one of those newbs who..."
Sov I understand your argument there, but buddy, ima have to tell you that wc3 does take a hell of alot more micro to play good than sc ever did. It's mainly due to the fact that wc3 units have more life and there are spells to cast/scrolls to cast, in all just alot more to think about rather than just mass units like in sc... I mean life/importance wise 1 grunt in wc3 is equal to 5 marines/zealots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-11, 09:27 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Sov I understand your argument there,..."
there probably is gonna be a sc2 because in the warcraft 3 games, there are marines, hydralisk, those flamethrower guys,(haven't played so long i forgot) and zerglings
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-10-11, 09:29 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "there probably is gonna be a sc2..."
Firebats... they are called firebats..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-12, 06:53 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "there probably is gonna be a sc2..."
iceman887 said:
there probably is gonna be a sc2 because in the warcraft 3 games, there are marines, hydralisk, those flamethrower guys,(haven't played so long i forgot) and zerglings
No those are only for shits and gigles, how the fuck does that have anything to do with sc2?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-12, 03:02 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "No those are only for shits and gigles,..."
if it is for giggles i didn't know, i'm just assuming those might be how the next starcraft's characters look like or what they might look like and i'm also thought they put those in there for a hint that sc2 was coming out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-10-12, 04:23 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "if it is for giggles i didn't know, i'm..."
I dunno, I just sorta doubt that if they ever do make a sc2 that the units will look like that...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-19, 08:33 AM in reply to zagggon's post "The beginign of the end for sc?"
You guys should go to battle.net and see the arguements about starcraft 2 some of the ideas are so hilarious ..... anyhow be patient when blizzard is ready to tell you that they have been working on starcraft 2 for the past 10 years they will let you know .... they are prob just gonna work on it for a long while for a good story, and for technology advanced....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aurvian

Posted 2004-10-22, 06:58 AM in reply to Aurvian's post starting "You guys should go to battle.net and..."
They are Not currently on one. If you think they are then you are extremely ignorant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon