View Poll Results: The best board type?
PHPBB2 0 0%
IPB (Invision Power Board) 3 23.08%
vBulletin 10 76.92%
Something else (post plz) 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Whats the best type of board?
Posted 2004-10-02, 11:09 AM
Whats the best type of boards for some nice forums?

Vote in the poll plz .

Sidenote : I dont care about the price , and I know phpbb2 is free
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-10-02, 11:10 AM in reply to Death's post "Whats the best type of board?"
vBB. Nice poll.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-02, 11:11 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "vBB. Nice poll."
Rofl , I hardly posted yet and you allready did.

I voted IPB , just for your info
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-10-02, 11:53 AM in reply to Death's post starting "Rofl , I hardly posted yet and you..."
IPB is good, but it doesn't have many of the features of vB.

phpBB is utter crap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-10-02, 12:23 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "IPB is good, but it doesn't have many..."
Can you tell me the price on vB?

Is it a 1 time purchase , or is it monthly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Death

Posted 2004-10-02, 12:29 PM in reply to Death's post starting "Can you tell me the price on vB? Is..."
Death said:
Can you tell me the price on vB?

Is it a 1 time purchase , or is it monthly?
i believe its yearly. but, i could be wrong.

vBB all the way.

Edit: 
you can buy a year license, and you can buy an unlimited license.

Last edited by symnzXx; 2004-10-02 at 12:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-10-02, 01:28 PM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "i believe its yearly. but, i could be..."
All right , thanks .

Ill check out their page
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Death

Posted 2004-10-02, 01:29 PM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "i believe its yearly. but, i could be..."
I like VB. My own short lived boards used ipb and I hated them... so much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-02, 01:35 PM in reply to Death's post "Whats the best type of board?"
I'm guessing an Abit NF7-S v2.0 is the best board.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-10-02, 04:28 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "I'm guessing an Abit NF7-S v2.0 is the..."
Not even close. Actually, yes, close. But not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-02, 04:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Not even close. Actually, yes, close...."
ASUS!

Nah id say that vbul is the best but phpbb is free.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
nddwind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweennddwind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

nddwind

Posted 2004-10-02, 05:20 PM in reply to nddwind's post starting "ASUS! Nah id say that vbul is the..."
Actually, I have an Abit AV8 sitting in my closet awaiting a 939 A64.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-10-02, 05:35 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Actually, I have an Abit AV8 sitting in..."
mantralord said:
Actually, I have an Abit AV8 sitting in my closet awaiting a 939 A64.
you are gay.

( no one cares, now stfu. )
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-10-02, 05:37 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Actually, I have an Abit AV8 sitting in..."
Why not a deluxe!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-10-02, 05:47 PM in reply to Death's post starting "Can you tell me the price on vB? Is..."
http://www.vbulletin.com/order/
It's $160 for forever, and $30 for a year whenever you want updates. The $160 comes with the first year of updates; after that, as long as you don't want to update your forums, you never need to spend another cent on your forums (except for your hosting solution, of course).
There is also a yearly lease option of $85/year, if you don't plan on having forums for very long.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-10-02, 05:49 PM in reply to nddwind's post starting "ASUS! Nah id say that vbul is the..."
Asus deserves to be tarred and feathered.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2004-10-02, 06:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Asus deserves to be tarred and..."
Explain ?!?!?!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-10-02, 06:20 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Explain ?!?!?!?"
Hate invision, don't know anything about phpbb, prefer vB.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-10-02, 06:44 PM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "you are gay. ( no one cares, now..."
symnzXx said:
you are gay.

( no one cares, now stfu. )
You are...well, there's so many bad things you are that I don't even know where to begin...eh, let's just go with the standard pre-school insult of "You're stupid."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2004-10-02, 07:57 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "You are...well, there's so many bad..."
That has won you a nomination for Understatement of the Year! Congratulations.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim