Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Unhappy I hate this.
Posted 2004-08-24, 08:53 PM
Omg this is ridiculous. If anyone remembers, I made a thread about my sleeping problems, and that is fixed. But now that school has started, I still phase out and sleep during class. I had so much homework today it was amazing. I told myself I would be good this year and keep up / go ahead of the class. But I am ALREADY far behind, and school has only been up 1 week. If I mess up this year, my future is gone. To make it even better, I have no motivation to do my homework. I know I know, my future is f-ked, my life is f-ked, I won't find anybody, etc. But thats not working the mind to do something. Can anyone give me some tips on what to do to get some motivation or to at least stay awake. Please no immature posts flaming me, by all means make a thread in the flame forum. I just really need help right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon

Posted 2004-08-24, 08:59 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "I hate this."
Well, one slap yourself because of your lack of motivation (j/k man)

I can say this: if possible, smuggle in a tape recorder to class. Record what happens, it might be better that way. If you can't, well, pinch yourself if you feel like you're falling asleep or have a friend wake you if possible. Or drink LOTS of caffeine before school. It's only been 1 week, ya ain't fucked just yet. I can give you motivation: imagine life going through garbage for food, drinking shitty water from a polluted river, imagine having to live outside where it is nasty and dirty and not a clean house. Now get your ass to the homework and do it! Also, spend less time on the computer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-08-24, 09:19 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Well, one slap yourself because of your..."
for sleeping problem drink alot of coffee before you go to school. for homework tell your family what homework you have and make them stay by you until you finish them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-08-24, 11:16 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "for sleeping problem drink alot of..."
stop siting on ur ass watching tv and play video games, get out and get some sport hobbies like basketball, soccer or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hitmanx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhitmanx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hitmanx

Posted 2004-08-24, 11:26 PM in reply to hitmanx's post starting "stop siting on ur ass watching tv and..."
You at ? high school? or college? If high school sleep as much as you need, those are cookie cutter classes. Well you can also do what Osmoses said drink some stuff with caffein in it.
For homework, if you have trouble with HS homework, your future already doom, if you are too lazy to do them, then first break your d2 cd, then break the Tv, then call up all your friends telling them you are a fag. Now you have all the time in the world for yourself .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-25, 04:41 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "You at ? high school? or college? If..."
I have the exact same problem pretty much. I have no motivation to do a damn thing. I never have been able to fix it but maybe you can turn around before its too late. I think D2 is what did this to me. It made me such a bad procrastinator and then I don't even bother to do it. I suggest you get someone to give you a swift kick in the balls before you lead down my dark path for the rest of your life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-08-25, 06:21 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "I have the exact same problem pretty..."
timmay quite d2 man don't lose your future for a stupid game
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-08-25, 07:12 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "I have the exact same problem pretty..."
timmay1113 said:
I think D2 is what did this to me.
pffft. Most behaviors like what you describe are mannerisms people already exhibit before being sucked into something like D2. I've slept thru class and procrastinated since 7th grade and I wouldn't exactly recommend it for most people.

Anyway, I had the same problem you do. I slept thru class, I did about 5% of my homework (which caused me to fail 9th grade, as homework is a FUCKLOAD of your grade in Accelerated curriculums such as Seminar/GATE/etc.. programs). I would Ace every test, get perfect (or near-perfect) scores on classwork, but still fail the course, due to how much homework counted when I was in the GATE program (I wonder what they call it now?)...

Just do whatever it takes to get good grades, as your grades are all that matter, not retention/work ethic. I am, of course, speaking of what it takes for College Admission...

That's enough for now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-25, 08:46 AM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "I hate this."
Let's see, caffeine sounds good, or have a friend keep you awake in class. Or, take a nice hot shower and get some water in your eyes to wash the sleep away.

Oh, and if you're going to college, you may want somewhat of a scholarship so you don't have to spend and assload of money on tuition. That should be motivation. Just unplug your TV, have your parents password protect your computer so you can't get on without them (yes, of course, there are those that can find ways around this), plain do your homework because there isn't much else to do, unless you have an unbelievable social life.

If anything else, do it for your parents. It must suck for them even more so then you because they think they failed in bringing you up (not a flame, just a statement), make them not think that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-08-25, 10:07 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Let's see, caffeine sounds good, or..."
Play some sports, it would probably help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-08-25, 10:31 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Play some sports, it would probably..."
Print out a wallet sized photo of mantra and jack off in class.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-08-25, 10:47 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Print out a wallet sized photo of..."
there was some kid masterbating in our school but don't know what they did to him and i don't think that will help him grav.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-08-25, 01:58 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "there was some kid masterbating in our..."
I drink like 10 pepsis befor i go to school. It works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-25, 02:18 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "I drink like 10 pepsis befor i go to..."
I didn’t like doing my homework at home. There were always too much distractions and better things to do. What I suggest is doing your homework at the school library after class. Honestly there is no better place to do homework. You have every thing you need in an environment that is optimal for reading/studying.

As far as staying up in class, once you catch up (or even a little ahead) and know what’s going on then class gets a little more interesting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-08-25, 02:21 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "I didn’t like doing my homework at..."
That's true. I do my homework in my free time in school or when my teacher is giving a lecture.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-25, 03:35 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "I drink like 10 pepsis befor i go to..."
tokill.ace said:
I drink like 10 pepsis befor i go to school. It works.

You piss 10 times evey class.. that's why you don't have time to sleep.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-25, 03:50 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "You piss 10 times evey class.. that's..."
I usually piss aprox. 4 times a day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-25, 06:42 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "I usually piss aprox. 4 times a day."
tokill.ace said:
I usually piss aprox. 4 times a day.
TMI, queerbait.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-08-25, 06:53 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "TMI, queerbait."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-25, 09:42 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
i still recommend sports though, because it helped me and it will help u.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hitmanx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhitmanx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hitmanx