Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Warning!!!!
Posted 2004-08-13, 07:33 PM
i was lookin on blizzhackers and is sez that battle.net is sending out this thing called extrawork.dll, they've been sending it as of 2 days ago, so beware MH users, even if u use anti-detection i think Extrawork.dll can still get past it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-08-13, 07:34 PM in reply to PureRebel's post "Warning!!!!"
Old news, but thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-13, 07:35 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Old news, but thanks. ;)"
haha hope all the bitches get banned w00t
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-13, 07:36 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Old news, but thanks. ;)"
Vollstrecker said:
Old news, but thanks.

really? i only just saw it there lol. how long hav joo known about it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-08-13, 08:08 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "really? i only just saw it there lol...."
Month or so ago, that they were distributing it again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-13, 08:49 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Month or so ago, that they were..."
is it actually effective? use mh or no?
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-08-13, 08:58 PM in reply to PureRebel's post "Warning!!!!"
Meh. How does it work
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-13, 09:07 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Meh. How does it work"
Never use MH it cheats in dueling, makes it too easy so no worries here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-08-13, 10:18 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Never use MH it cheats in dueling,..."
this is how the extrawork.dll works.

blizz detects ur using teh hax or doesnt.. doesnt matter which, thet transfer a file in2 ur diablo 2 folder, and any files(hacks etc.) attatched to diablo or are using diablo get detected by extrawork and blizz gets notified by it, it send Them your IP Address, your acc details and CD-Key and which ever they want to ban for your breaking the EULA(End Users License Agreement).

i hope i put it out easy enuff to understan for u sov
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

PureRebel

Posted 2004-08-13, 10:23 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "this is how the extrawork.dll works. ..."
Well i'm using D2Loader, cause each time i pop my Exp CD it says it doesn't detect it and i can't really reinstall cause i lost my D2 non-exp CDs

What should i do? keep playing or just wait or borrow another D2 or buy one?

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-08-13, 10:28 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "Well i'm using D2Loader, cause each..."
d2loader is safe to use, al it lets u do is use no CD

its not a not really a bad hack, and doesnt ruin game for other pplz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

PureRebel

Posted 2004-08-13, 10:41 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "d2loader is safe to use, al it lets u..."
Sounds like B.Net is hacking to find hackers (cheaters) so lets wage war and do somethin mean!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-08-14, 12:33 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Sounds like B.Net is hacking to find..."
It's been around for months and months...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-08-14, 01:04 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "It's been around for months and..."
They stopped distributing it for a while, so it's semi-news, but not really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-14, 02:19 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "They stopped distributing it for a..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-14, 03:59 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "this is how the extrawork.dll works. ..."
PureRebel said:
this is how the extrawork.dll works.

blizz detects ur using teh hax or doesnt.. doesnt matter which, thet transfer a file in2 ur diablo 2 folder, and any files(hacks etc.) attatched to diablo or are using diablo get detected by extrawork and blizz gets notified by it, it send Them your IP Address, your acc details and CD-Key and which ever they want to ban for your breaking the EULA(End Users License Agreement).

i hope i put it out easy enuff to understan for u sov
You're wrong there.
They may NOT for ANY reason put ANYTHING on your pc.
Doing that , they would break a number of laws , and get the FBI at their asses.
I dont think a huge company like blizzard would risk that would they?
Wat they CAN do however , is sending packets INGAME , (eg:the packets blocked by anti-detection) , and see if they return.
The detectable part of maphack , is looking at other players equip , blocking socketing , etc..
It is very hard for blizzard to find out you use maphack if you use none of those features , and only full map display.
That might aswell been discovered by yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-08-14, 05:24 AM in reply to Death's post starting "You're wrong there. They may NOT for..."
Death is right, battle.net is not allowed to put anything on your computer, I read it once, somewhere I think when I installed a game, or something.
~To be leet, or to not to be leet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LimeDeMoN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLimeDeMoN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LimeDeMoN

Posted 2004-08-14, 01:09 PM in reply to LimeDeMoN's post starting "Death is right, battle.net is not..."
remember when you installed your game and then patched it up, and there was a little checkbox asking if you wanted to submit random computer details to blizzard for a survey? i'm 95% sure that's all extrawork.dll is. it doesn't have anything to do with detecting hacks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-08-15, 04:21 AM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "remember when you installed your game..."
maybe
ill check
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

PureRebel

Posted 2004-08-15, 05:49 AM in reply to PureRebel's post "Warning!!!!"
i pride myself on reading the big jumble of words that come up when you make an accout. so here it is...
(iii) that as part of your registration process and in consideration for the privilege of accessing Battle.net and if permitted by local laws Blizzard has the right to send your computer one or more "cookies" without any further notice to you (these cookies only retain your user preferences) and , Blizzard has the right to obtain certain identification information about your computer and its operating system, including the identification numbers of your hard drives, central processing unit, IP addresses, and operating systems for identification purposes; (iv) that, if permitted by local law, Blizzard has the right to obtain "non-personal" data from your Internet browsing software in order to make certain demographic assumptions regarding the users of Battle.net without any further notice to you (v)

basicly, yes, they can send you crap track cookies, and whatnot, if local law says they can, and well any law says if a contract is supected of beng broken by one of the two parties, it can and will be investgated and it prbly has. since useing cheats hacks and whatever is in breach of this same contract that you agree to and you make an accout and every time you log onto the b.net survice, blizard has the rite to retrave information if any given player/accout is suspected of breaching this contract,

blizard is not breaking any laws by sending you somthing that moniters their game if your suspected of being in breach of contract, witch might i remind you is an illegal act in itself. they reserve all rites to investgate and take action on players. only thing they cant do is gather personal information.
--- more to come as i read more.
funny, if any of you are from the following countries....
Cuba,
Iraq,
Libya,
North Korea,
Iran,
Syria,
or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods
Blizzard will ban your ass from b.net, as stated in their terms of survice....

No software from this Site and/or Service may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods

Last edited by Kidagakash; 2004-08-15 at 06:06 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash