Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Unhappy Somebody please help me, I can't take this anymore.
Posted 2004-08-11, 03:47 PM
I have a mad sleeping problem. I can't sleep at all as hard as I try at any time. I've been forced to stay up till 5 AM nearly every damn day, and then I fall asleep for maybe an hour. And then on others days when I fall asleep at that time, I will wake up at 4 or 5 PM. My sleeping schedule is fucked up to hell, and I really need some help to fix this before school starts. If anyone has got any tips that don't have anything to do with drugs or stuff like that, it would help a lot. Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon

Posted 2004-08-11, 03:50 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Somebody please help me, I can't take..."
tbh, i have kinda the same problem... at night i CAN'T get to sleep... so i stay awake in bed till like... 4-5-6AM, but when i get to sleep then, i sleep till 12-14pm

let's try this old one: the last hour/half hour before going to bed NO COMP OR TV
not even a book... drawing is allowed i think, but nothing that needs your concentrain or keep your brain busy

gonna try it tomorrow... or 'the day after tomorrow'... -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-08-11, 03:53 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Somebody please help me, I can't take..."
The best thing to do is to head to the doctor. Personally though, soothing music helps me sleep. I have to force myself to clear my head at night, otherwise I'd be falling asleep at about 5am as well. If your mind is over-active when you're trying to sleep, I find that it helps to have some sort of a distraction. Hence, the music.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-08-11, 03:59 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "The best thing to do is to head to the..."
I watched Kill Bill Vol2 b4 I went to bed, and I had some pretty funny / gory images in my head. I couldn't shut down my head if I wanted to, but you got any tips on how to?

Soothing music doesn't work for me. My soothing music is <3 Dimmu Borgir <3 but I don't have any CD's >_<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:07 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post starting "I watched Kill Bill Vol2 b4 I went to..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:13 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Somebody please help me, I can't take..."
OmniFalcon said:
I have a mad sleeping problem. I can't sleep at all as hard as I try at any time. I've been forced to stay up till 5 AM nearly every damn day, and then I fall asleep for maybe an hour. And then on others days when I fall asleep at that time, I will wake up at 4 or 5 PM. My sleeping schedule is fucked up to hell, and I really need some help to fix this before school starts. If anyone has got any tips that don't have anything to do with drugs or stuff like that, it would help a lot. Thanks.
I'd recommend the same thing as my doctor told me years ago when I was an insomniac. I would go to sleep once a week or so.

Anyway, try excersizing more, eating healthy, staying out of the bedroom for extended periods of time unless you're trying to sleep (at night, DONT go to sleep during the day or morning, if you have to, stay awake a day and try the next night) or fucking. Try reading if none of that helps.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:14 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Somebody please help me, I can't take..."
I used to have the same problem, and it's always my mind racing...

I used to take a nightcap of Vodka, but it didn't really help a whole lot. Sleeping pills would make me drowsy, but I still couldn't fall asleep.

The problem has somewhat gone away, but I still get it on my days off... It's funny, I get more sleep when I'm working.

My sometime solution was to pull an all-night, and go to bed earlier that night (like Shinto said).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:16 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post starting "I watched Kill Bill Vol2 b4 I went to..."
I used to have this too but for some reason I dont have it anymore. I used to get like 10 houres of sleep a night so i wouldent be tired at the the end of the day / my bed time. But now that I stay up till like 2am, I am So tired I pass out like within a couple seconds. When you are truely tired, your brain dosent think of anything, its like your off and just laying down you... pass out? Do not goto bed if you are not tired. When I was younger I had a bed time that was enforced and I had seriously sleep problems. But now that I make my own scedule, I never goto bed unless I am tired. I am the complete opposite of how I was before, now I am always tired. I can go into any class at school and fall asleep without any problem (which isent good). I can fall asleep sitting down with my head up and my eyes still... semi open to make it appear like I am not =] Anyway, I know getting back on schedule is tough. Try working out for a while before you goto bed (But not right before) and get tired and then try reading a book untill you just want to pass out. Also some people need more sleep then others, some people can be healthy with 4-6 houres, while others need at least 8-10. I dont know if you have tried but if you want to be asleep by like 11pm for school, and you try going to bed at 11pm and you are not tired at all.... Stay up untill the next 11pm and you Will be tired. I know that seems sorta extreme, but it works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:19 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "I used to have this too but for some..."
I got the same problem basically trying to get to sleep i'm always engerized it seems and can not really close my eyes and just lay there. Try sleeping pills though that helps me when I really want to get some rest~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gendark01 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweengendark01 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

gendark01

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:29 PM in reply to gendark01's post starting "I got the same problem basically trying..."
Do what shinto and vollstrecker said. It works the best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:32 PM in reply to gendark01's post starting "I got the same problem basically trying..."
well, i had this problem in the summer and since school is gonna start soon i go to sleep east because theres nothing on my mind except school...and you know school, i just say FUCK YOU and i go to bed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:46 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "well, i had this problem in the summer..."
For me to sleep I need:

1) Cold. 75 degrees or less.
2) Air. I have a ceiling fan.
3) A night light. Can't sleep in the dark, and my super case modded computer does the job nicely.
4) Some sort of constant light noise. Again, my computer's 10 fans do this nicely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-08-11, 05:07 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "well, i had this problem in the summer..."
with ladder reset this happened:

day1: get out of my bed at 6.30am
day1-2: no sleep (reset was at 2.30am here)
day2: not tired at all
day2-3: went to bed at 1.50am and still only passed out around 3-4am
(the times are pretty correct, i wrote most of them down out of boredom)

next step: 1 week without sleep -.-
longest i ever had without sleep must have been...80-90 hours ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-08-11, 05:32 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Somebody please help me, I can't take..."
Just try to stay up as long as you can, and then fall asleep the next night at 9 pm, and you'll be fine.

IF that doesn't work. A few sleepless days at school will do the trick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-11, 05:37 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Just try to stay up as long as you can,..."
Sovereign said:
IF that doesn't work. A few sleepless days at school will do the trick.
Don't do that, it's evil... personal experience
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-08-11, 05:38 PM in reply to Dr. Geekstar's post starting "Don't do that, it's evil... personal..."
Hmm? I did it all the time. It's not that bad. Being in a brainless trance is fun . Walls amuse me -_-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-11, 05:43 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Hmm? I did it all the time. It's not..."
my ceiling amuses me.... more then the television.
its made of wood... after all that time i still discover strange symbols/persons in it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-08-11, 05:44 PM in reply to Dr. Geekstar's post starting "my ceiling amuses me.... more then the..."
Mozart is in my marble flooring.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-11, 07:08 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "For me to sleep I need: 1) Cold. ..."
mantralord said:
For me to sleep I need:

1) Cold. 75 degrees or less.
2) Air. I have a ceiling fan.
4) Some sort of constant light noise. Again, my computer's 10 fans do this nicely.
I agree with these. I sometimes have trouble sleeping if my computer isn't on

But ... if you're active during the day, especially swimming for me, you drop like a rock.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-08-11, 08:34 PM in reply to Dr. Geekstar's post starting "tbh, i have kinda the same problem......"
Dr. Geekstar said:
tbh, i have kinda the same problem... at night i CAN'T get to sleep... so i stay awake in bed till like... 4-5-6AM, but when i get to sleep then, i sleep till 12-14pm

let's try this old one: the last hour/half hour before going to bed NO COMP OR TV
not even a book... drawing is allowed i think, but nothing that needs your concentrain or keep your brain busy

gonna try it tomorrow... or 'the day after tomorrow'... -.-
So thats why I keep geting IMs at all hours of the night..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡