Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Arctic Sun, no more!
Posted 2004-05-14, 05:58 AM
My band has decided to change our name. We recently encountered a bit of an issue with an already existing english rock band by the name of Arctic Sun. In light of this development (and considering none of us ever really liked the name) we have officially changed our name to Wintermask. The new website, www.wintermask.com, will be up and running within the next week or so, and upon the site's launch there will be mp3s of our new material available as well as a completely re-designed layout. Our CD will be officially released next month and copies will be available for purchase on the site.

Horns up!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-14, 07:01 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Arctic Sun, no more!"
Nice dude, I like the new name better anyways. Why the coldness ordeal anyways?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-05-14, 07:13 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Nice dude, I like the new name better..."
I just have this weird fixation with ice and snow and all that shit. I like the imagery it projects. I don't like the cold in person, but I like the idea of the cold, if that makes any sense.

Plus, the band is from Jackson, Wyoming, and it's like living in an Ice Gigas' asscrack up here. So, the whole arctic theme kinda makes sense.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-14, 09:15 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Arctic Sun, no more!"
The new name is MUCH better.

And your finally getting those new mp3's up. W00T

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-05-14 at 02:28 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-14, 02:05 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "The new name is MUCH better. And..."
umm, sov, get rid of the first slash in ur attempt to italic 'finally'.

ew name sounds much, much cooler.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-14, 02:23 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "umm, sov, get rid of the first slash in..."
whoopey.......

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-05-14, 02:33 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "whoopey......."
Indeed, a much better name.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-05-14, 03:03 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Arctic Sun, no more!"
Ooh yay, more material. I quite enjoyed your other songs, even though the quality was crappy. Cool name!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-05-14, 03:31 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Arctic Sun, no more!"
So you convinced your bandmates to change the band name to that of your other forum identity? Good work.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-05-14, 10:53 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "So you convinced your bandmates to..."
Well, Wintermask is the name we wanted to use originally. Our original guitarist, Richie, however, was violently opposed to the name for some fucking reason, so we settled on Arctic Sun, regardless of the fact that nobody really liked it.

I happened to be attached to the name Wintermask, so I decided to start using it as a forum login on other boards. The main reason we waited to change the name was because too many people had already begun to associate us with the old name, and we felt trapped. We just decided to bite the bullet, though, and get it done before Discmakers started printing our CDs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-15, 05:48 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Well, Wintermask is the name we wanted..."
Well that makes sense.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-05-15, 08:52 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Well that makes sense."
I like the new name better, too. I swear, English rock bands always complain. A local band in my town was called Redefined - they weren't big or anything, but some English band started spilling tea all over themselves. Oh well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-05-17, 05:40 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I like the new name better, too. I..."
I know how you feel man... All those nights, coming home to an empty apartment/house/trailer. The cold wind stinging your face as you role over and realize no one is there... Or wait... You're a bachelor right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-05-17, 01:41 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "I know how you feel man... All those..."
For a minute I thought you guys were breaking up. Much better news than I expected. Cool new name! I personally would have went for something like "Chugfunnelers," but still not bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-05-17, 02:03 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "For a minute I thought you guys were..."
Chugfunnelers, that would of prolly scared people away, but nice try.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-17, 11:10 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I just have this weird fixation with..."
Raziel said:
I just have this weird fixation with ice and snow and all that shit. I like the imagery it projects. I don't like the cold in person, but I like the idea of the cold, if that makes any sense.

Me too!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-05-18, 12:18 AM in reply to Penguin's post starting ":killgrin: Me too!"
Liar, look at your penguin. Hes STILL wearing a nice warm red hat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-18, 10:09 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Liar, look at your penguin. Hes STILL..."
Sovereign said:
Liar, look at your penguin. Hes STILL wearing a nice warm red hat.
I figure this way I will be ready for next christmas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-05-18, 03:54 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "I figure this way I will be ready for..."
Nice, i never knew you had a band and you would start getting cd's printed! If you ever get ' big ' ( Keep going like this; im sure you will!) then come to KC someday..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-05-18, 11:06 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Nice, i never knew you had a band and..."
We will definitely make a point of it.

And if anybody here lives in the Utah/Colorado/Idaho/Wyoming area, we're doing a ten-city mini tour this July. If you're in the area, you should definitely make plans to come see us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel