Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Scanner Problems.
Posted 2004-02-22, 12:15 AM
Okay, here's my problem.

I own a HP ScanJet4200C, and it won't scan. I've owned it for a few years now, and up until last summer it never gave me any problems. Whenever I try to start it up, it just makes that annoying clicking sound that it makes when it's starting up. However, the clicking never stops.

I've tried everything I can think of to try to fix this problem. Reinstall the program, check to see if all of the cords are securely in place, reinstall again, uninstall it and then unplug everything, replug everything in and reinstall it, check to see if it's totally unlocked (which it is), and then, 'lo and behold, I'd try to reinstall it again. But nothing works.

Odd thing is, occasionally it'll decide to work on it's own, and I'll take those chances to get everything that needs to be scanned scanned. However, it's at the most unopportune moments, and it won't work again the next time the computer is booted up. It's rather frustrating.

So, does anyone have any advice that doesn't involve shotguns, explosives, fire, heavy objects, ect? If I could I'd really prefer to keep it. I kinda don't have the funds to get a new one. :T

Being technologically illiterate sucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-02-22, 02:23 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Scanner Problems."
This is just a poke at the dark, but I think it's like broken or something
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-02-22, 03:29 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "This is just a poke at the dark, but I..."
Hmm, Well What OS are you running under?
Have you tried updating the Drivers?

You do realize that your have a scanner that is discontinued, and has many user complaints about..

I'd recommend just taking to a computer shop, (they're going to tell you some bullshit and say you can buy the part to fix it for an outrageous price, or buy one of THEIR scanners for a cheaper price) So you *might* be better off getting a new one, I'd just take it to a shop and have a pro look at it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-02-22, 07:51 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hmm, Well What OS are you running..."
Do not try to bend the Scanner. That´s Impossible.
Instead only try to realize the truth

.... There's no scanner
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Luhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Luhizot

Posted 2004-02-22, 05:07 PM in reply to Luhizot's post starting "Do not try to bend the Scanner. That´s..."
Oh peaches.

Oh well. I'll just pull some money out of my savings or something and buy a new one. Sigh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-02-26, 07:54 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Oh peaches. :( Oh well. I'll just..."
What connection does the scanner use to connect to your pc? Another problem is that the controller of whatever connection (parallel port, firewire, usb/2) died, which is known to happen...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-02-26, 08:03 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "Scanner Problems."
I have had the same problem with my scanner and the annoying clicking sound a few months ago. My dad called up his friend and he came and fixed it up for us (don't know what the hell he did). This same guy cleaned my computer free of viruses and spyware and gave me a new OS (xp) for free. Man that guy knows soo much about computers. Anyways, you might want to call a technician OR like others have suggested gather your pennies for a new one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-26, 09:28 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "Scanner Problems."
I would say that it's an internal problem. I would invest in a new one. BestBuy has some nice deals where I'm at. $150.00 for a scanner, printer, and fax all in one. Or you could try www.newegg.com Where i go for most my computer tools. Hope this helps out some
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-02-27, 03:32 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "I would say that it's an internal..."
Well, if it's a really old scanner, it's best not spend $50+ dollars on a technician... you can just find a cheap one at walmart are something... I saw some there forl ike 80 buxs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez