Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Harrassment and Abuse of Mechanics

Posted 2004-01-31, 09:56 PM
Aight, i was in town late today, Minding my own buisness, and i get called over by a player, we walk to the other side of bank, and i get Poisoned/Flame Striked by 2 Reds. I Soon got ressed and went to my corpse of misc Clothings, noticing my steed is dead, and i got to pick some locks, before i can pick my first lock, they cast spells and kill me (Still in town) I see Xanax get Guard Whacked, so all is good and done, Then i pick the locks and buy a new pony. i walk back to my first corpse, and Die Soon after because of another Magical Attack, but this time, Xanax is still alive(He Was Hidden) and says, Damned Dead ass Nigger, then his buddys luagh.

I like to let others talk the way they want, but when it calls to Derogatory Racial Terms, i pull the line. Besides Abusing Game Mechanics i really dislike how he used that term. Please Have Him Banned or at least Jailed. I got a Screenie of my journal of him saying that if u want Evidence
3rd World Relic Hunter
Master of the Bunny Horde
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Locke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLocke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Locke

Posted 2004-01-31, 10:16 PM in reply to Locke's post "Harrassment and Abuse of Mechanics"
Just wanted to say my RL daughter got killed standing at the bank minding her own business on SilverMoon then the guards wacked them. So this is an issue and yes she did get owned but they only killed a mule so no damage done Hope your proud of yourself guys for killing a mule. Also wanted to say that I agree with you 100% on the racial & harrassment issue.

Freya of DIE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Freya is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFreya is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Freya

Posted 2004-01-31, 11:45 PM in reply to Freya's post starting "Just wanted to say my RL daughter got..."
As for the "abuse of mechanics", there really is no way around this. Sounds like just a bunch of hoodlums raisin' some stink. Maybe it will teach people to be prepared even when they think they are safe.

And as for the racial slurs and Xanax, I was with him all night and did not hear him say such a thing... but w/e
"Two hands working do more than a thousand praying."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kyuss

Posted 2004-02-01, 05:55 AM in reply to Kyuss's post starting "As for the "abuse of mechanics", there..."
You Didnt hear him say it? well, do you want the Screen shot of my journal? i saw him say it, and i seriously dont approve of Racial Slurs

(added part) Hey Majere, once again today, i saw a Red Res Killing NirpE and killing off the town (Yet Again) and i ask that your make Reds Entering Town get them a Free Trip To the ooOooOOoo Zone, i think they are now taking advantage of their Privilage
3rd World Relic Hunter

Last edited by Locke; 2004-02-01 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Adding a Little More Text
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Locke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLocke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Locke

Posted 2004-02-01, 07:20 AM in reply to Locke's post starting "You Didnt hear him say it? well, do you..."
ok people, want to abuse the guard zones well guess what I am going to do, I am going to make it so if you do a crime in guard zone you die, guards called or not. gj to the idoits. This change will be effect tonight.

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2004-02-01, 07:23 AM in reply to Majere's post starting "ok people, want to abuse the guard..."
as for the breaking of the rules, if I See it they will be banned no questions asked.

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2004-02-01, 07:33 AM in reply to Majere's post starting "as for the breaking of the rules, if I..."
Lets take this another step further, saying words such as nigger will get disconnect from the shard and it will be logged for my review which can lead to further actions such as perma ban.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Majere

Posted 2004-02-01, 08:02 AM in reply to Majere's post starting "Lets take this another step further,..."
Nice job people, now I can't make my thief. =[
I talk trash because I can back it up, duel me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Drithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Drithe

Posted 2004-02-01, 09:48 AM in reply to Drithe's post starting "Nice job people, now I can't make my..."
Let's take a step back and look at the racial remarks thing. This is not to support Xanax, but rather to see if Locke used this as a leverage device.

We have this word which you all know, and our society, being a politically correct one, does not accept it. What would have been the outcome if he had said "nigga?" Or more importantly, what if he had called him a whitey cracker or something of that nature. HAD he said "nigga", "cracker", or "whitey" instead of "nigger" I do not believe this would have went as far as it did.

This, my friends, is TRUE abuse of mechanics...the mechanics of a politically correct society where God forbid you say anything about anyone, and God forbid you spell your words correctly with -er instead of phonetically spelling it with an -a.

I think it's a crock of crap... And don't you DARE call me a racist cuz I'll shoot you in the face.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kyuss

Lightbulb

Posted 2004-02-01, 11:08 AM in reply to Kyuss's post starting "Let's take a step back and look at the..."
Well Kyuss, I think Xanax is a repeat offender of harassment and I'm glad that someone finally took him seriously. Maybe he'll think twice before cussing on a public shard.

Welcome back Locke -----Happy Camper
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MadMonk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMadMonk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MadMonk

Posted 2004-02-01, 11:20 AM in reply to MadMonk's post starting "Well Kyuss, I think Xanax is a repeat..."
Well how are we supposed to make theives if stealing in town gets us insta guard whacked Majere?
peekay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGrim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Grim

Posted 2004-02-01, 11:30 AM in reply to Grim's post starting "Well how are we supposed to make..."
First off, im a theif, and town stealing is not only tuff, but it isnt rewarding, Steal from Dungeon Hunters, thats where i scrored my 3 Vanqs in 1 night
3rd World Relic Hunter
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Locke

Posted 2004-02-01, 12:36 PM in reply to Locke's post starting "First off, im a theif, and town..."
To be honest, I really REALLY hated Xanax until just recently when I actually talked to him and messed around with him. He's pretty apathetic when it comes to other players, though, I admit that.
...Cussing is something that will always be prominent in Ultima Online... =/
teenagers just enjoy it *shrug*

I think classy thieves, not the common gimps, will be effected by these rule changes. The real loot is in town where people think they are safe. Smiths with their Ancient Smithy Hammers, warriors with their uber weapons, and rich characters with rares in their pack that they might be transferring...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kyuss

Posted 2004-02-01, 02:14 PM in reply to Kyuss's post starting "To be honest, I really REALLY hated..."
why dont you just undo this change majere and make it so that you can still call guards while you're a ghost and it will fix everything.
peekay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGrim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Grim

Posted 2004-02-01, 03:45 PM in reply to Kyuss's post starting "To be honest, I really REALLY hated..."
Kyuss said:
I think classy thieves, not the common gimps, will be effected by these rule changes. The real loot is in town where people think they are safe. Smiths with their Ancient Smithy Hammers, warriors with their uber weapons, and rich characters with rares in their pack that they might be transferring...
Aight, so you got a Point, but it still wont stop me and My Partners, the theives that follow HAT* and started off by my teachings will always assist me! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! *Cough*

Btw, Am i a Classy theif? cause i try to be one

*HAT is Honor Amoung Theives, 3 Rules that all theives in the shard should follow
3rd World Relic Hunter

Last edited by Locke; 2004-02-01 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Added Question
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Locke

Posted 2004-02-01, 04:28 PM in reply to Locke's post starting "Aight, so you got a Point, but it still..."
nothing has changed to thieves ability to steal in town. its the same as it always been. It is attacking a blue in town that will get you fried.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Majere

Posted 2004-02-01, 04:36 PM in reply to Majere's post starting "nothing has changed to thieves ability..."
Well i sure hope that this can be place behind us all and ppl will choose words more approprietly, if anything like this happens again im sure majere will do something that will effect the whole shard, because he has to fix the problem and the only course of action might make us all mad, SO DONT DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
doobadia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendoobadia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

doobadia

Posted 2004-02-01, 05:24 PM in reply to doobadia's post starting "Well i sure hope that this can be place..."
uh oh, no one talk loud or it's silent time for everyone!
when is recess?
peekay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grim