Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Think cool or trust your feelings?
Posted 2003-12-25, 05:07 PM
Poets, and authors argue this. Let's decide shall we? I think it is always better to think things through. Going with what your emotions are telling you can lead to death, missery or a sore d***
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-12-25, 05:10 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
you have 2 have a balance between both...u cant really do one without the other.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-12-25, 05:12 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
I go with impulses, and trust myself to make a choice. I do what I feel I should do, usually ending up saying or doing something completely retarded, then halfway through realizing what is going on. It's fun though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-12-25, 05:14 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
uncapped said:
I go with impulses, and trust myself to make a choice. I do what I feel I should do, usually ending up saying or doing something completely retarded, then halfway through realizing what is going on. It's fun though.
Like a drunk guy saying he has a small dick? Yeah, that's cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-12-25, 05:14 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Do what ever is right... Duh, ask jeeves
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-12-25, 07:28 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Mt\\\\\\\My threads like these deserve more posts and deeper thought. But.....I have a bad rep and no one takes me seriously.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-12-25, 09:38 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Hmm, good question. I find that I usually trust my gut instincts, but then again, I tend to fuck up.

I should really start thinking things through more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-12-25, 11:22 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Those who think cool will most likely reply to this to say "you need both" or comment otherwise. Those that trust their feelings may respond directly. So what about the inderect, mayhap as this? I dunno. Maybe I won't answer lol. Maybe there' doesn't *need* to be an answer.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-12-25, 11:25 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
I usually think things out heavily before doing anything.,
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-26, 12:02 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
I'm guessin go on what the situation is...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-12-26, 02:48 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Well as controversial as this particular subject may be, I would have to agree that sometimes you should act on impluse and other times you should think things through.
Mainly, i would have to say it depends on how serious the concequinces and/or the situation may be.
Some Examples:

~:IMPLUSE:~
You want that New CD. You pocket it and walk out the door. You will sound the alarm because you forgot to remove the alarm sensor. Busted. Depending on age, Jail time or juvie. All because you acted on impluse rather then thinking out what you should do and how to go about getting what you desire.

~:THINKING FIRST:~
You want that brand new Cd. You don't just pocket it but rather you walk around a while "thinking" the best way to pull this off. You remember the last cd you bought had a tiny metal strip enclosed within white plastic in your last purchased cd. You take the cd where you wont be seen and pocket it but instead of just running out the door, you use the restroom and make sure you wont sound the alarm as you exit. Boom, you have that new CD.

As i said earlier though, its best to balance the two out. Sometimes acting on impulse is good other times its not. I guess thinking would be the best option as you always are aware of the possible side affects of your actions. But, impulse could have no harmfull or "bad" side affects. Which brings me to my conclusion.
Depends on the situation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-12-26, 02:50 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Kuja`s #1 said:
Mt\\\\\\\My threads like these deserve more posts and deeper thought. But.....I have a bad rep and no one takes me seriously.
No one takes you seriously because you appear to be lacking a backspace key.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-26, 04:44 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
God I hate his while I am playing poker, everytime I think with my head instead go with my feeling, my friend is bluffing and I lost big ass pot of money, resivise everytime I go with my feeling and don't think with my head I also lost big ass pot of money AND MORE.

So I would go with Think First!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-12-26, 06:15 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Something tell me you not need bet big ass pot of money, again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-12-26, 06:45 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
After I watched the movie Roundel, I kinda believe that Poker is all about skill then luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-12-26, 07:00 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Poker is gay, Go Big 2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-12-26, 07:19 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Big 2??? Ain't that the chinese poker? Where everything is same as poker, when you play a pair someone else have to play a pair, and the highest card in the game is 2. Right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2003-12-26, 07:22 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
I think you all would be suprized at how often your instincts are correct.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-12-26, 12:19 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
I lack nothing but brain output.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-12-26, 01:04 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Think cool or trust your feelings?"
Adrenachrome said:
I think you all would be suprized at how often your instincts are correct.
let me tell you a story what happened, I got robbed one day while i was at the store, the guy pointed the gun at me and asked for the money, i said the safe was closed and that there is a time delay for it to open. so then he puts his back on me....HE PUTS HIS BACK ON ME!!!!!!..... and points the gun at my fellow co-workers, i was eyeing my co-workers to hit the floor so that i can deck the guy but they where both looking at the roof >_< i ask myself, should i deck him anyway, do a major sock in his neck?? but if i do, would he shot his gun at me or my co-workers.... then i thought ok, even if i did catch the guy, but ended up with one or both my co-worker dead, i am going to have to go to court for it....several days i might add, so i guess its not worth it .....

BUT dam, if my co-workers only looked at me and they hit the floor/ get out of the way, i would of stabbed that foo in the neck 48 times and take his cool gun.

everybody said that its not worth "being the hero" but i think its about the "principle" i dont think that i will get robbed like that again, i will NEVER have that opportunity AGAIN, and i will have to deal with this all my life, and STILL to this day i say i should of sliced him in half....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman