Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post mules will be the death of ya
Posted 2003-12-19, 05:58 PM
It has occured to me that most people have mule characters, and if you'll note the post on the trading forum, I'm no longer servicing people who have mules. Dont lie, I'll have my eye on your house, so I'll know.

But anyway, the point of this thread is, is that mule's are going to destroy the economy. If you can make it yourself on another character, then why bother buying from someone else? I say Mule's should be illegal.

Thats my two point five cents on that matter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Talus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTalus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Talus

Posted 2003-12-19, 06:42 PM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
mk
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
comoestas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencomoestas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

comoestas

Posted 2003-12-19, 08:03 PM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
I agree if this is going to be a roleplaying server maybe limit each player 1 character per account.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rhokk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRhokk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rhokk

Posted 2003-12-19, 08:07 PM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
I've always thought so, but how do you go enforcing this as a shard admin? With coding? If so, what coding? With policing instead? Well, what if there are more than 300 active accounts?

And what constitutes as a mule character?
If I have an account with 5 characters, and one has Mage, Med, Resist, Wrestle, Smithing, Mining, Tinkering and I monster hunt with him, is he a mule? Even if I can make armour for my other characters with him?

How about if I make an axer, and take carpentry on him too? Does that make him a mule, cause he can make furniture and qstaves?

~Niniux
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Niiniux is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNiiniux is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Niiniux

Posted 2003-12-19, 08:23 PM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
I'm not going to have a mule; and I alone will run the economy!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
comoestas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencomoestas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

comoestas

Posted 2003-12-19, 08:48 PM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
Niiniux said:
I've always thought so, but how do you go enforcing this as a shard admin? With coding? If so, what coding? With policing instead? Well, what if there are more than 300 active accounts?

And what constitutes as a mule character?
If I have an account with 5 characters, and one has Mage, Med, Resist, Wrestle, Smithing, Mining, Tinkering and I monster hunt with him, is he a mule? Even if I can make armour for my other characters with him?

How about if I make an axer, and take carpentry on him too? Does that make him a mule, cause he can make furniture and qstaves?

~Niniux
good question. id like to see how it gets answerd, i think imo a mule is a char that only crafts items (jack of all trades)
the chars you talk about, are what sould bepoping up as there sould be 1 char pr accout, or maybe 2 chars honestly i like 1 char pr, but then again on a PVP shard, whos gona waste their time making a pure crafter if its their only char??

still good questions. i look forward to seeing them answerd
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash

Posted 2003-12-19, 08:59 PM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
The only really reliable way I've found to cut down on muling exponentially is to limit it to one, maybe two characters per account.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Niiniux is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNiiniux is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Niiniux

Posted 2003-12-20, 01:19 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
having mules here is good cuase ppl not want to spend all say long just doing a mule char i like to be able to make things for my other pvp chars....
Killed by use:
Tobacco 340,000 - 395,000
Alcohol (excluding crime/accidents) > 125,000
O.D. (illegal) 3,800 - 5,200
Marijuana 0
now which drug should be illegal??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Larloch is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLarloch is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Larloch

Posted 2003-12-20, 05:53 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
a mule to me is considered any character you use to do something you need to do for another character

the most common would be a crafting mule to make armor for another character

another which people dont often think of is a character that goes out to make money and gather resources for a character that enjoys crafting but has no fighting skills, some people do play characters and have fun crafting things rather than having to fight.

a mule is just a character that does something you dont really want to have to do but do it because its easier than looking for someone else to do it or having to pay for it to be done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Foul Old Ron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFoul Old Ron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Foul Old Ron

Posted 2003-12-20, 09:06 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
Ron has the right definition of a "mule", I'd say. I don't think the amount of character slots will change here due to the fact that one character per account was tried by Raist. If people weren't sneakin' and makin' other accounts, they were whining and bitching

Solution: If ya don't like mules, kill 'em >=]
"Two hands working do more than a thousand praying."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kyuss

Posted 2003-12-20, 10:38 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
Ya im not making a mule
Pj Barch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shadow Pheonix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShadow Pheonix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shadow Pheonix

Posted 2003-12-21, 12:05 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
hey it's cool u can jsut buy from mine :}
Killed by use:
Tobacco 340,000 - 395,000
Alcohol (excluding crime/accidents) > 125,000
O.D. (illegal) 3,800 - 5,200
Marijuana 0
now which drug should be illegal??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Larloch is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLarloch is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Larloch

Posted 2003-12-21, 10:42 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
lol
"Two hands working do more than a thousand praying."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kyuss

Posted 2003-12-21, 04:02 PM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
wel what I mean by a mule, is someone who makes a craft character, a general jack of all trades, and doesnt buy from others to increase shard economy, but instead gives stuff to his other chracters for free of charge.

One way to help this stop, would be to make a script that garbages all the items that player dropped on the ground when he/she logs out. Of course, I dunno if thats possible, but my character is a Fighting Tailor, and when I see people making their own clothes and all that stuff that go with Tailoring, and giving it to their own char... well that kinda puts me on the back burner. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Talus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTalus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Talus

Posted 2003-12-22, 01:14 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
Well, you can be the first in the fight to end self-sufficient accounts by deleting your character with tailoring! Funny how you post this in having a character with a trade skill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

comoestas

Posted 2003-12-22, 06:02 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
uh? Yeah so? What's your point?

GM Swordsmanship
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy
GM Healing
GM Tailoring

Of course I post this becuase im a Tailor you fool... lol... the point is why bother making seige implimented if everyone is just going to mule themselves everything. Seige is popular and successful on OSI because people _dont_ just rely on their other characters, because they can only have _one_, which severely limits your muling capacity. Acropolis has no limit, so you can have 5 characters each 7x GM... hell... if you had an IP spoof and router, you could get a bunch of accounts and make your own guild and easily get away with it. All I'm saying is that giving items free of charge to your own other characters should be illegal. At least PAY for them. Do you expect a warrior with no magery to go to a dungeon? Maybe in a while if I made a few friends to go with me, but thats ignoring the fact that, regardless to what the guide says, this shard is honestly populated by more 'Noto PKs" then truly respectable PvPers, and I usually risk getting ganked by PKs as soon as I log in, just for being a tailor. So dont you talk to me about saying this and being a tailor. Let's see you leave your doors unlocked in a PK area and try to make money, and meanwhile, some fool like you just comes along and gives stuff to himself for free.

While we're at it, why dont we max out stats and skills to 7x as soon as we get our account, make everything in the shard a different color, and change our shard name to "Santiago".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Talus

Posted 2003-12-26, 08:50 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
Some people don't want to spend time making a tamer to farm gold/weapons. So we make a mule to make weapons and armor and potions and whatever else we need instead. Whats the difference?
So I don't buy your armor off your mule, I kill the people who do, and they buy more.

Its win-win
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FlyMolo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFlyMolo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FlyMolo

Posted 2003-12-29, 02:52 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
what about us who like to play mules over playing tamers, pvp, or warriors? i spent near the whole life spawn of siege perilous as a pure mule and was over excited when they added that potion boost for GE to gm alchemist because i could finally go use my mager/alchy on my only character and farm monsters or do champ spawns. of course i have a tamer and a fencer on acrop but i like my mule the best.

maybe im just a sick person but my fav skill is mining and tinkering =) its just soooooooo relaxing
*throws more meat to the mongbats*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Czarina is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCzarina is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Czarina

Posted 2003-12-29, 07:58 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
Without pissing off the original thred creator i would like to add my 10 bobs worth,
firstly that temp you laid out for your 'mule' isn't a mule its a warrior with a extra skill for easiness. Also you talk about the word 'economy' i don't see how all us lot deleting our maker charicters and buying all our clothes from you will create a stable economy you will have all the cash we will have a corps with a guy taking clothes out of it. The way i am conducting myself and my gold is as such. I have a pure mage he earns alot of money from blood eles he is the bread winner i also have a mule charicter to stop me getting bored i play with this sometimes he has no combat skills at all he mines, smiths, tailors, tinkers etc etc he has no other use but to serve the public and of cource my mage is a member of that public and so he serves him as well. If your not making money out of smithing or whatever you are doing then three words for you my friend {BULK ORDER DEED}
peace out god bless - v1ck
p.s no one has offered to sell me clothing perhaps you need to advertize in a commonly recognised spot as they doon europa on osi if any1 has seen that shard

Last edited by v1ck; 2003-12-29 at 08:01 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
v1ck is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenv1ck is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

v1ck

Posted 2003-12-29, 10:07 AM in reply to Talus's post "mules will be the death of ya"
I'm sorry but since this is a pvp shard, it's kinda hard to be good at combat and gm something at the same time for trade. If there was a limit of accounts it would hurt the economy rather than help it, because a lot of people make an extra char because the skill cap is at 700 and they can't make something else. And if someone would counter that by saying that they should just stick to it that would really take out the enjoyment of the game for me. So if people boycott other people that have more than one char I honestly do not care, they can start a whole new economy by themselves that we've worked so hard to achieve.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mephisbosheth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMephisbosheth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mephisbosheth