Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Will you get Mario Kart2 DoubleDash?
DO YOU EVEN NEED TO ASK?!?!? (YES) 12 66.67%
No 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Post Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_
Posted 2003-12-03, 10:20 PM
I have read up on this game and for the most part all I can say is it is gona ROCK!!!!! With 4 players and lan playability, it will have a massive replay value and will be just as awsome and addicting as the first one on the 64. Cant wait to pwn my friends and 3 bros in battle mode. Will you get this game, I WILL!!!!
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-04, 01:13 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
I will get it eventually but not right away.It is not 4 player though.2 players can go against 2 other players online.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2003-12-04, 06:06 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Your wrong i read the back of the box and it is 4 players.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-05, 01:33 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
There's no bloody reason why it wouldn't be four player, it's a standard for nintendo. Not to mention the gamecube does kinda have four slots
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-12-05, 07:44 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
IT IS A FOUR PLAYER, DAN XIII HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE IS SAYING. O_o
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-05, 07:21 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
GOd this one better be more interesting for me then the n64 version.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-05, 11:14 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Yes it's on my Christmas list!!!

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-12-07, 05:43 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Just baught a gamecube and this is going to be my first game
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-12-07, 10:02 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Whos the idiot who said no?!

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-12-07, 10:35 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Sovereign said:
OMG you did not like the n64 one!!!?????
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-07, 05:33 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
this game is definatly gonna b on my christmas list
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
(^_-) is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between(^_-) is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

(^_-)

Posted 2003-12-07, 05:51 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
I said no. Simply because I do not have a GameCube.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-07, 06:00 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Same for me... I'd get it if I had one.

EDIT: I looked at the pic and HOLY SHIT... 103mph... that's one powerful kart!

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-09, 06:17 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
I've got the game and it kicks ass. It's far better than MK64. The track design rules, the battle arenas are awesome, and all of the extras are completely badass. Lots of reviewers have been giving this game mediocre scores. 7.0, 6.5, 7.5. It's not "average" by any means. It's easily my favorite game in the Mario Kart series, and after playing with it for a while, you'll agree with me.

Here are some of my favorite weapons and tracks from the game:

Weapons

Chain Chomp - Baby Mario & Baby Luigi's special weapon
Bob-Omb - Wario and Waluigi's special weapon
Bowser Shell - Bowser and Bowser Jr.'s special weapon

Tracks

Baby Park - A small, oval shaped track. 7 laps. Relatively simple premise. Until you realize that there are shells, banana's, bob-ombs and fireballs flying everywhere causing mass hysteria and general chaos.

Mushroom Bridge - A city street track with traffic to avoid. The highlight is the large suspension bridge at the end. The biggest shortcut on the track actually requires the player to navigate the narrow concrete arc hanging over the bridge while hitting boost pads and trying not to fall into the river below.

DK Mountain - My personal favorite. A long, winding, narrow mountain path with a giant barrel cannon you get shot out of and a narrow swaying bridge. Seriously kickass.

You can mix and match your two characters any way you see fit, and you can pick the specific kart that you'll ride in. There is one unique kart for every character in the game, but from the beginning, only one kart per pair is available. The others must be unlocked. There are also four unlockable characters (each with their own unlockable kart), two unlockable battle mode stages, two unlockable difficulty levels (150cc and Mirror), two unlockable cups (Special Cup and All-Cup Tour), and one unlockable bonus kart which can seat any combination of characters.

The whole game rules, and nobody has any reasonable excuse for not owning it.

Last edited by Raziel; 2003-12-09 at 06:25 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-10, 12:43 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Raziel I have a question. Say i wana play 4 players in battlemode, do we each get our own cart with a computer to switch off with driving and shooting?, or is it only 2 player where you switch with your partner, cuzz that would suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zazu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZazu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zazu

Posted 2003-12-11, 12:17 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
If you're playing single-player, you control both characters at once. You just don't get the added benefit of being able to control the "item steal" command, turbo starts are harder to perform and you have to do the slide boost by yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-11, 09:16 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
zagggon said:
Sovereign said:
OMG you did not like the n64 one!!!?????
The N64 was 1337.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2003-12-13, 01:31 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Yeah Sov must have been stoned
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-13, 10:56 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
i can't wait! This game is gonna pwn!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2003-12-18, 05:45 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Mario kart 2 Double Dash _poll_"
Yeppa!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon