Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Inactivity...
Posted 2003-12-02, 04:08 AM
Two things.

1) I'd like to see more people posting their stuff in here. Most of what gets posted is actually pretty good, and I'd like to see more of it. I'm pretty sure that the main reason we're not seeing so many entires is because of an issue that "point number 2" adresses...

2) No more flaming. I can take people like mantralord and ImNotDaz mocking my songs because they're idiots, and I enjoy smacking idiots down on a regular basis. But, by flaming myself and others in this forum, you discourage others from posting their work for fear that they'll have to endure your taunts. If I catch anyone mocking another person's work in here, you'll get a single warning. After that, it's an immediate ban request. I don't care who you are. Being creative is not something that a human being should be mocked for, and I won't put up with it in this forum. If you don't like a particular entry, either keep it to yourself or be constructive with your criticisms.

That's basically it. I'm determined to increase activity in here, and starting this very second, if I see a single flame erupt, your ass is mine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-02, 10:31 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Ooh! I'll hop to it immediately!

*hops*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-03, 09:02 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
I don't tell you your songs suck for the hell of it. I tell you because they SUCK.

People should know that any of their work has a chance to be criticized. If it bothers them, then they're pussies.

In fact, if that person is so offended that they post a thread threatening to ban anyone who criticizes him, then that person is a mega-pussy. *cough*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-12-03, 09:50 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
As much as i hate to agree.. i do.. as long as its creative critisicm it should be allowed...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-12-03, 09:54 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Well HELPFULL creative criticism should be allowed, but not shit like "oh that sucks" or " yur music=t3h sux's". Somethign like " i think you could have done better. This this and this is wrong" should be allowed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-03, 10:03 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
"your shit sux" isnt creative critisicm its just critisicm or how ever you spell it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-12-03, 11:29 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Did any of you read the entire post? For the love of God, read it again. I said:

Raziel said:
If you don't like a particular entry, either keep it to yourself or be constructive with your criticisms.
Did you read that, mantra? "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM." Telling someone that you could "write a better song by shitting on a sheet of paper" isn't constructive, it's a flame. If you think that the song/poem sucks, explain how you think it could improve. If you don't think anything aside from throwing it out entirely would improve it, then keep it to yourself, dude. There's a giant difference between "flames" and "constructive criticism, " and I explicity stated that in the opening post.

The fact is, I don't give a shit if you flame my work, because you're an idiot and I take everything you say with a grain of salt. Other people, however, see you flaming me and refuse to post their work because they're afraid they'll have to endure your mockery.

You can flame the shit out of my work in the Flame Forum all you want, dude, but if you do it in here there will be immediate and extreme consequences. Do I make myself clear, Mantralord?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-04, 12:02 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
I agree with everything except:

Raziel said:
Did any of you read the entire post? For the love of God, read it again. I said:

Raziel said:
If you don't like a particular entry, either keep it to yourself or be constructive with your criticisms.
Did you read that, mantra? "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM." Telling someone that you could "write a better song by shitting on a sheet of paper" isn't constructive, it's a flame. If you think that the song/poem sucks, explain how you think it could improve. If you don't think anything aside from throwing it out entirely would improve it, then keep it to yourself, dude. There's a giant difference between "flames" and "constructive criticism, " and I explicity stated that in the opening post.

The fact is, I don't give a shit if you flame my work, because you're an idiot and I take everything you say with a grain of salt. Other people, however, see you flaming me and refuse to post their work because they're afraid they'll have to endure your mockery.

You can flame the shit out of my work in the Flame Forum all you want, dude, but if you do it in here there will be immediate and extreme consequences. Do I make myself clear, Mantralord?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-12-04, 12:04 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Truth be told i read NONE of it. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-04, 12:07 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
That's awesome, mantra. Either way, you've been informed, and if I catch you flaming anyone else's work, there will be consequences. If you want to flame my stuff, do it in the Flame Forum and I'll be happy to reply.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-04, 03:39 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Raziel said:
Being creative is not something that a human being should be mocked for
Well, what if the crap that comes out of their mouth that they consider creative is the equivalence of a 2nd grader's poetry?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-04, 04:53 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Then resist the urge to flame. I'm gonna say this one more time: there is a huge difference between flaming and criticising. Flames don't belong here, and it's not like I'm making up any new rules. Flames belong in the Flame Forum, and all I'm saying is that I'm going to be more harsh about flaming in here than elsewhere. I want people to be creative, and the threat of a bunch of bullheaded mockery prevents people from sharing their work.

If someone is posting inane babbling, solely for the purpose of spam, then it will be deleted. If someone is genuinely posting work of theirs, and you don't like it, guess what! You don't have to fucking comment on it. If you feel the need to share your opinion, then do so in a constructive manner. Telling someone that you could write a better poem by "shitting on a sheet of paper" is not constructive. That's a flame, and I won't tolerate it.

Every member here is both intelligent enough and decent enough to understand the boundary I'm clarifying. All I'm saying is "no flaming." You can express negative opinions all you like, but if I see flames, the shit will hit the fan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-04, 04:55 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Can constructive criticism include phrases like... "wait a few years for you mind to develop" ????
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-04, 05:07 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Eddie, stop being a smartass, alright? I'm as serious as a heart attack about this. There's a world of difference between someone being flamed over posting a stupid link in the Chat Forum, and being flamed for posting something personal that they had the balls to share with the forum.

You know just as well as I do what constitutes a flame, and the above quote is walking the line. That's not an opinion towards the work itself or an offering of genuine assistance. That's a nicely worded attack on the advancement of the writer's intellect. That's a sugar-coated version of saying "you're an idiot and you aren't smart enough to write good shit."

If you have negative comments, then either use them to assist the writer in bettering the product, or aim your opinions at the work and not the writer. Explain why you didn't like it. Don't just say "that poem sucked."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-04, 06:13 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
How about saying... "I didn't like it because the author lacks the brain cells to write a sentence that makes sense..." It's why I didn't like it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-04, 07:27 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Eddie, your pushing it.. Keep it up and i expect to see you in this section no more. You know what hes saying, your just being a dumb ass. Raziel, that was an exception to your rule.. hes obviously TRYING to get someone to tell him to shut his hole and no one seems to be doing it. Maybe you should warn him because i actually like this forum and hes trying to ruin it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar

Posted 2003-12-04, 07:33 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
I didn't like your paragraph since you're trying to insult and make me out to be the bad guy, they're legit questions. You could improve it by shutting the fuck up.

(See! Constructive!)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-04, 11:59 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Awe...Everybody needs a hug! *hugs everyone*

Now, all of you grow up. Or take it to the flame forum.

I'm gonna go find some more of my poetry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-04, 01:07 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
none of you have to worry about me making fun of your poetry or songs or whatever you post here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2003-12-04, 01:23 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Inactivity..."
Yes you do people, he's lying, he's setting you up so you feel comfortable, then BAM! He'll make fun of your writtings faster than you can say... HI!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez