Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good PvP Necro Build ?
Yes. 8 80.00%
No. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

PvP Necro.
Posted 2003-11-17, 02:14 AM
For a good PvP Necro.

Here are the skills and their damage/effect once you will be done puting points in them.
17 Teeth, 18 Teeths 240-325 Damage.
20 Bone Spear 1226-1303 Damage.
20 Bone Spirit 1910-2073 Damage.
1 Bone Armor Absorb 620 Damage.
20 Bone Wall 3383 Life. (In Hell)
20 Bone Prison 3202 Life. (In Hell)
5 Lower Resist -47.

Str, enought to use your equip.
Dex, enought to have blocking % arround the same as your shield.
Rest in vit and energy.

For the equip.

If your planning to change equip depending on who you duel.
Here

Cold,Fire or Lightning Sorc.
Weapon, Wiz Spike.
Armor, Upgraded or not Guardian Angel.
Boots, If Fire Sorc Waterwalk. Else use Silkweave.
Glove, If Fire Sorc Hellmouth. Else Trang-Oul's Claws.
Helm, If Cold Nightwing's Veil, if lightning Blackhorn's Face. Else 2 socket Crown of Ages or Shako.
Sheild, StormShield or Homuculus.
Ring, If cold 2 Raven, If Fire 2 dwarf star and if lightning 2 Wisp Projector.
Amulet, Mara's Kaleidoscope.

With that your resist in hell will be up to 35 fire resist, 90 cold resist, 60 lightning resist and 35 poison resist. Unless your using the Crown of Ages then your resist are 20-30 higher. Your max resist would be 90%, except fire 95% if your using Waterwalk. There is nothing in any socket and it is without counting any charm. So it is easy to max resist by using charm or socketing items.

Dueling against Physical damage.

Weapon, Wiz Spike.
Armor, Upgraded or not Que-Hegan's Wisdom
Boots, Silkweave
Glove, Trang-Oul's Claws.
Helm, 2 socket Crown of Ages or Shako.
Sheild, Stormshield.
Ring 2 Soj.
Amulet, Mara Kaleidoscaope.

With that you get a good casting rate, caped damage reduce if the Crown of Ages is perfect on DR and nice resist. Again, nothing in the socket and no charm. So with charm your ready for serious ass kicking.

Dueling Pvp Necro.

From what i beleive they might be a little diff. here and there but they will still be similar necro.

Weapon, Wiz Spike.
Switch Weapon, An item with Tele Charges.
Armor, Upgraded or not Vipermagi.
Boots, Silkweave
Helm, Crown of Ages.
Shield, Homuculus or Lidless Wall.
Ring, 2 Soj.

With this you will have decent speed, cast rate and resist. The item with Tele charge is to Tele out of Bone Prison.

Now if your like me. You do not like to switch lot of equip often. So here goes. This one is for about everything.

Weapon, Wiz Spike.
Switch Weapon, An item with Tele Charges.
Armor, Upgraded or not Guardian Angel.
Boots, Waterwalk.
Helm, Crown of Ages or Shako.
Shield, Stormshield.
Ring, 2 Soj.(for those you could keep in inventory 2 raven, 2 dwarf star or 2 Wisp Projector to switch depending who you duel)

For the socketing you could always use Lo, Ohm and Gul for + Max Resist and a Jah in Helm or Armor for +5% life. For charm you could use: Resist, Life, fhr, frw and poison and bone skills. With that you would be able to achieve a high cast rate, high damage, max damage reduce, 75% blocking, a fast blocking, max resist (95% everything), good ammount of life and mana.

You could always forget about the Ohm and Gul rune to replace them with something else. As 5% more in poison resist will not make the diff. between life and death. The 5% in cold resist will not do much diff. either and this would be because of Cold Mastery.

Take note that you might prefer to use some items over others. While they might not be here it doesnt mean they are wouldnt be good. We all have our way to play and these items reflect more the need of my kind of play style.

Well i think thats all.

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-11-17 at 11:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-17, 07:43 AM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
1 in bone armor? Holy crappyness...
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-11-17, 08:20 AM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
Zagggon take a look again, it absorbs 620 dmg with full synergy affects.....but i do agree it should be a bit higher. I mean lets say your pvping a barb. That bastard ww's you. 620 reduced dmg isnt enough to save your ass. Ive seem barbs that do many thousand damage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-11-17, 08:55 AM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
but is that before or after the pvp penalty and your dr?
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-17, 09:01 AM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
Speak english. I have no idea what your talkign about. Im not a d2 fanatic by any means. What is the pvp penalty and what is dr?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-11-17, 01:13 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
zagggon said:
1 in bone armor? Holy crappyness...
Puting more then one in bone armor would be useless as you gain more in it from bone prison and bone wall.
For each point in Bone Armor you gain 10 Absorb.
While for each point in Bone Wall or Bone Prison you get 15 absorb + you raise the damage of Teeth, Bone Spear and Bone Spirit. So if i puted 19 point more in Bone Armor it would raise only by 190 absorb for making the damage with Bone Spear and Bone Spirit quite shitty.

Sovereign said:
but i do agree it should be a bit higher. I mean lets say your pvping a barb.
We aint in 1.09 anymore you do less damage now in duel so barb do not do many thousan per attack anymore. My fireball sorc does 6000 dmg with fireball and i dont kill player in 1 shot. It take 2 or 3 and they dont have max resist. You can always cast Bone Armor again once your hit.

If i remember correctly you only do 10% damage in duel now.

Also DR = Damage Reduce.

Edit: 
So 50% DR would actualy make a barb do only 5% of his damage (When it is not blocked by shield)

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-11-17 at 01:44 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-17, 02:19 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
If a barb WW you? Then he will run out of mana and then before he realizes it, he's dead.

Well, WW doesn't work as well now in 1.10. I am not too sure if they have put in leech penalty in PvP, but the 1/10 damage penalty...

Several thing though, I almost never use SS when I fight Sorcs. I usually go with Homoculus or Lidless.

Don't socket Ohm, because Cold Mastery owns it. It is not worth it.

15% All resist/ -15% req are good, too. On SS and/or Wiz. (depends on build)

I still like Shako. More life and mana.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-11-17, 03:12 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
Yeah it's true, looking back at it i would now think that Homoculus would be better then SS against sorc. Also like you said Ohm aint really worth it and now i would say same thing about Gul they both could be replace by something more useful

But then again i wrote this at 3:30 am~.

Edit: 
A crown of age with 2 Jah rune would be much better then Shako

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-11-17 at 03:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-17, 03:24 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
True for a free for all build, but...meh, I really frown upon the 174 str req, you know?

But, if the necro has the strength to use a SS (-15% or not), then it won't be a problem. +35 str, so...around 168 (-15%) or 191 str with SS.

In general, it is a pretty good guild. Of course, people don't have to follow the exact build posted, just change a bit here and there to suit individual need.

B/P GC with Life and some 17mana with Frw or life sc should be the charm setup. Again, throw in some resists charms for different duels, be flexible etc...

Edit: 
Off to school~

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-11-17 at 03:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-11-17, 03:52 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
I really dont think someone that follow a guide step by step can be a good dueler anyway. To have a good character you need to know more then the damage of the skills and the equipment to use. Anyone that want to be good with a build need to understand the concept of the build and to be able to remold it a little to his/her liking if needed.

For the str req. it is high but if you think about it. It might be better having less vit for better bonus of equip. Anyway the point in vit give only 2 life and small charm can give 20. It make it easy to catch up for the lack of vit. Also 2-3 Jah that can be put in sockets could help lot.

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-11-17 at 03:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-17, 06:51 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
*NM*

Looked over the guide, looks okay, just change the crown of ages thing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-11-17, 07:19 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
yeah... i would wear enigma armor instead of anything else because it gives 1 str per level and that can really help a necro. Put points into vit or dex
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-17, 07:32 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
I just did some minor tweaking to my first post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-17, 11:11 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
Aw crap, I spelled it wrong, it is supposed to be Homunculus, not "homo" Sorry.

By the way, I voted "yes" on the poll.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-11-18, 07:24 AM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
I love trapping people with boneprison!!!!! It can be so addicting!
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-11-18, 10:15 AM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
You can only trap people if they actually stop running.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-11-18, 01:19 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
Unless you are not against someone fast or that you use Decrepify first. In lat resort if you aint very good at aiming Decrepify you can always Bone Wall in front of him to slow him down then Bone Prison.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-18, 08:38 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
hmm there is one thing i disagree with on this i would perfer amp...b/c it does more dmg but for most people its just preference but amp would also be easier b/c u can get in in the beginning
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2003-11-18, 10:17 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
So you voted the build is bad cause you prefer something else over another ?

Well me and Sov did some testing with low lvl bs damage using low lvl lower resist and amp.

with lvl 5 Lower Resist here are the result of 5 bs.

with amp.

then i highered the damage of bs and tested again.

Lower Resist.

Amp

I know this testing is short. But it does give the info we need.
It is clear to me that Lower resist would end up doing more damage at higher level since it become stronger unlike amp.

There is also that you put a point in Decrepify to get Lower Resist. Decrepify will slow targets speed, damage and physical Resistance -50%.(perfect to Bone Prison someone) There is also iron maiden that can be useful in some situation and terror for leveling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-18, 10:37 PM in reply to Kuja's post "PvP Necro."
No one would really put more than 1 point in AMP, no one.

Well, at least not a PvP build. All you need is 1 point, then you have +skill items to increase the radius and the curse will last longer. Putting more than 1 point into Amp (for PvP) is a waste.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia