Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Nuke Rush Build
Posted 2003-10-16, 01:55 PM
Ok, first, this is meant more for those 2 v 2 maps, although doing it on a 3 v 3 BGH is much easier. This build is only for fun and therefore should mainly be tried on high money although it IS highly possible to be done on low money. If you do manage to follow through on low money, you basically shut down that target player for the entire game.

First thing you do is send the 4 scvs to work and build your next one. While your waiting for those few boring seconds of your Terran life, warn your allies your doing a nuke rush and to defend you if possible. If you and another ally share a connected path, make him build defenses for you both as well as his own offense. 7th SCV builds barrack, 8th depot, 9th goes to minerals and 10th, builds a refine. 7th and 8th are finished and goes to patch, one marine is made and another scv. SCV 11 builds another depot, scv 12 minerals, scv 13 makes a factory. (You should have a few marines which you'll leave by your mineral patch). When refine is finished, send 12 and another free / min gathering scv to refine gas until 3 are there. Keep building scvs but pause on marines. Once your Factory is made take that same scv and build your starport (WITH the addon after completion). ONLY AFTER you it starts building, check your funds, if you have enough make a machine shop. When shop is done, research vulture mines and make a vulture. By the time your starport is finished you should have enough funds to build a science facility, do so!. While thats building get yourself an academy by any extra funds. As money rolls in, build more depots and vultures and start mining away at your entrance route to your base. Science facility should be made during this time so get that covert ops and research cloaking. Once ops is made, get the silo and pump about 2 ghost out of the barrack. While they are all being build, use excess funds to build another barrack, some depots, a engineering bay for turrets AND a dropship (Dropship is FIRST Priority). Silo should be made and nuke made next. Dropship is made and assuming your ally scouted the enemies for you, plot your attack route. If your ally is Terrans or Zerg or has an air unit, scan or fly around for a good and safe drop point (There should be alot). Nuke is nearly completed, cloak your ghost and send them into th dropship with what energy they have left (and dont forget to make more so they build while you attack). Fly and drop both ghost onto target area and nuke. One ghost nukes the other stands infront and looks stupid (Basically a confusion ghost or hit taking ghost. I suggest ghosts since they dont draw attention for the player to look this way and if the player scans the area and attacks, the attackers will normally attack the not aiming ghost if its infront.)

Anyway, nuke drops, boom, your side is happy and cheers you on. Repeat procedures (While also building more barracks, marines and upgrades since you'll need more defense!) You can also build more silos if needed.

Positive Notes:
1) Effective if done quickly
2) If you nuke between their CC / Nexus / Hatchery and their important buildings (which are usually near) you can take out both workers AND damage the other buildings. So even if they move the workers away, your nuke still damages buildings.
3) Effective against another Terran or Protoss, also good against stupid zergs.
4) Perfect to delay. If your being attacked, nuking at your entrance can buy you the time. If the nuke hits, good for you. If they retreat seeing the dot, good for you too since now your allies reinforcements will (For the first time) make it On time!

Negatives:
1) No Early Comsat / Detection
2) Low Anti Ground Defenses and Very low Anti-Air
3) No protection for allies let alone yourself
4) Tends to hog up player attention towards offensive nuking rather than worrying about their own base.
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost

Posted 2003-10-23, 07:50 PM in reply to StarcraftGhost's post "Nuke Rush Build"
Heres a build that works better...

8 scv build depot
10 scv build rax
12 scv build vespine

Then do whatever you normally do, gradually teching to nuke.

Build sci on an island/your natural, whatever.

Drop on their natural / main if you can do it, EMP if toss, and that expo is done, at the same time move an attack in, with siege tanks near the cliff / base to cover you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-11-04, 12:24 PM in reply to StarcraftGhost's post "Nuke Rush Build"
Yeah, I know, your way of building does get you up there faster =D. Its just my way I guess, I always assume that my opponent has a map hack or knows my every move, it helps me make better decisions. So I tend to get a barracks first and pump out a marine. (Usually with spare funds which I tend to always have), I make a bunker near the CC and shove the marines in (This assuming that I dont wall myself up). And yes, one full bunker can hold of just about any early rush at that time taking enough scvs repair it. (Usually 3-4 scvs are needed to hold off most zealot / marine / zergling attacks). But yeah, if your going for speed and walling up, by all means build your depot first but I dont have much supply problems doing it my way so I guess thats another reason I use it.
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost