Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Exclamation Save My Barb!
Posted 2002-12-11, 09:35 AM
I royally screwed up and was dumping all "extra" stat points into strength instead of vitality. I now have a lvl 92 barb with a lousy stinking 1298 life Now I routinely get waxed in duels by lower lvl scrubs. I am going to dump all my stupid ass psn charms and I need advice on what to replace them with to make this barb somewhat viable??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-11, 09:42 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
3/3/20 sc's!

But realistically, just start a new barb, I'll rush ya if you want. Then we can cow up to a good lvl in no time, and you won't have to try to rebuild him. Just make him a mule, or just a PvM higher lvl character.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-12-11, 10:28 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
Jeezus, what are those 3/3/20`s going for?

Well I forgot to mention that I have 9 unused skill points to distribute and I was considering just maxing bo to make up for the vitality loss. Hes a mean sob PvM already Thanks for the rush offer, I may take you up on that this weekend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-11, 10:45 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
Actually, I meant 3/20/20 sc's!

And, what skills do you have? Why didn't you already master BO yet? I always thought that was a must, then whatever weapon mastery, and your primary attack mastery. Where are your skills allocated?

Alrighty, no problem with the rush, whenever, you got my Account Name, just let me know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-12-11, 11:15 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
Bo is at 15, Sword mastery and WW are maxxed, berserk is at 15 and speed, iron skin, and bc are around 12 ea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-11, 11:29 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
My first barb (recently made) has 1.279k life without BO... BO is level 27.
The skills you should max by 80 are:
WW, Beserk (for immune to phys monsters if you intend to do acts with your barb), BO (always always always) sword / mace / whatever weapon you use mastery
Oh, and put a few points into natural resistance and iron skin.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-12-11, 01:39 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
Natural resistance is definately nice. And it doesnt take alot to get your resistances to max in hell if u've got some items to help you.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2002-12-11, 01:57 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
I got a free +3 war crys wpn for you if you need/want
I think that don't worth a shit and I have no Barb so it's useless to me.

Last edited by MiNi_MaX; 2002-12-11 at 01:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MiNi_MaX

Posted 2002-12-11, 03:57 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
pvp? if you guys are talking about bvb barbs your all owned....

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-11, 10:37 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
I think they are talking about ''Legit'' PvP Barb

EDIT: Maybe not.... Inventoy full of 3/20/20 aren't that legit...

Last edited by MiNi_MaX; 2002-12-11 at 10:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MiNi_MaX

Posted 2002-12-11, 10:54 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
I actually saw a very strange barb the other day. He had two daggers (they were blue), almost NO armor on, was lvl 50 something, and used war cry as his only attack. Funny thing was... he could actually kill stuff.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2002-12-12, 02:43 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
yeah, it's a CryBarb, I've been planning to make one, just cuz their funny...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-12-12, 06:10 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
I made a cry barb, he could kill zons, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2002-12-12, 12:42 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
Thats my next project, I`ve seen some cool crybarbs lately.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-12, 12:43 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
What does a 3/20/20 do?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-12-12, 12:58 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
+3 max Dmg + 20 AR + 20 Life I think
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-12, 01:01 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
Yup!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2002-12-12, 01:13 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
yup, and their expensive as hell if you plan on filling up on them. If I remember correctly their about 15-20 sojs a piece.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-12-12, 05:12 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
Way too expensive for something so "godly".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-12-13, 11:01 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Save My Barb!"
Shpook said:
yeah, it's a CryBarb, I've been planning to make one, just cuz their funny...
I think the name "singin' barb" is more appropriate. And yeah, they're freakin hilarious. maybe he was duel-wielding wizardspike....that would give him some intensely fast singin' if Making a singer you have to worry a lot about mana though. what would the items look like? I'm thinking:

Shako (Arreats is also good but you need mana and life more than stats and leach)
Dual Wizspike (or wizspike + ss)
Skin of the Viper Magi? (Id tend towards something else, maybe arkaines for the +2 and life, or shaft for the DR)
Frosties? (here i have no idea...maybe magefist? you'll be hurting for mana)
2 Sojs
Gloom's traps? (for the mana)
Imp shenk? (or any good boots with +dex)

Well, thats what I'd do...feel free to disagree (try it out Doofus_AW)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MelchiaMH is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMelchiaMH is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MelchiaMH