Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post The Best Stratagys...
Posted 2002-11-28, 08:23 AM
[color=red]the best stratagy for protos is to alie with zerg and have them rush and distract while you come in later with cariers and dark templer and dark archaons for the kill.the best staratagy for zerg is to make a LOT of zerglings and then send in your air bourn stuff(upgrade zerging speed).For terin it is simple all you do is make 2 command sentors,then you make one with a nuke and one with a comsat station make alot of bnkers and siege tanks next to them and have some wraiths cloaked then send in lots of them and LOTS OF CARIERS. (THE CARIERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT.)Also the medics are very important.build some goliaths and take scvs to battle so they can repair your mechanicle things and let the medics get the people like merians and fire bats.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2002-11-28, 09:12 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
As Terran, I always built the food cap in marines and rushed. You can do it near the start of map with minimal upgrading.
As Protos, tower rush works really well.
As Zerg.... I always sucked with Zerg.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-11-28, 03:20 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
n e w b s.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2002-11-29, 04:29 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Im there with u Boo that strat is newbi
......you should b dead bfore u even get those -.- unless ur playing against another guy who doesnt have any offence.......u probably play 20min nr i presume.......but its still fun when i play those ^-^

Last edited by Pekson; 2002-11-29 at 04:34 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-11-29, 07:01 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Quote:
Originally posted by dar_win
[color=red]the best stratagy for protos is to alie with zerg and have them rush and distract while you come in later with cariers and dark templer and dark archaons for the kill.the best staratagy for zerg is to make a LOT of zerglings and then send in your air bourn stuff(upgrade zerging speed).For terin it is simple all you do is make 2 command sentors,then you make one with a nuke and one with a comsat station make alot of bnkers and siege tanks next to them and have some wraiths cloaked then send in lots of them and LOTS OF CARIERS. (THE CARIERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT.)Also the medics are very important.build some goliaths and take scvs to battle so they can repair your mechanicle things and let the medics get the people like merians and fire bats.
Slaynish's brother?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2002-12-12, 11:32 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
My strategy is going Goliath/Tank while locking them in with bunkers and turrets. Then they cant get out to attack me (I do it 3 min into the game) then I attack through the bases. Sometimes I tank drop 5 min into the game. It works nicely.

~-Tashi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on over to my house and we'll work on our math skills!! We'll add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, & multiply!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To see my art go to http://vivalaraza2k3.deviantart.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Satoshi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSatoshi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Satoshi

Posted 2002-12-12, 01:31 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Zealots+Dragoons+Observers rush owns all. cheap and easy to built. no questions about it.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-12, 06:10 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Strider Fury said:
Zealots+Dragoons+Observers rush owns all. cheap and easy to built. no questions about it.
How can you rush observers? You need to tech first.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2002-12-12, 08:28 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
thats a bit later on in the game. once i get more cash.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-14, 09:05 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
That rush dont work for me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HellSlayer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHellSlayer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HellSlayer

Posted 2002-12-14, 11:23 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
omg this should be called NOOBISH talk, considering all the NOOBIES here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2002-12-14, 02:25 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
I usually just mass Sunken Colonies and keep Hydras on the inside and use them to rush when I get enough of them. mass Ultra+Hyras+Infested Terrans= the most destructive fighting forces in the universe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-14, 03:49 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Boo-hoo shut the fuck up you bitch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HellSlayer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHellSlayer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HellSlayer

Posted 2002-12-14, 03:51 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Boo~Hoo calm down, this is open chat, not flame forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-14, 08:34 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Hey Boo i started out as a newb but i can understand where ur coming from.....They will soon learn the ways of the jedi!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-12-15, 03:41 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Personally i dont like zerg anymore but the strategy i used to use OWNED ass badly here it is.

Verses Terrans

Usually when your facing a terran player he will go for either Bcs, Wraiths, Tanks+Goliaths.
An easy way to counter the tank+Goliats is to have alot of Ultralisks+Defilers+Lurker the Ultralisk are the things that take the hits for your defiler (Ultralisks when fully upgraded can survive a nuke), while your ultralisks are takin all the hits for your defiler, move the defiler in and cast dark swarm close to the tanks and then move your lurker in and they will rip the tanks to shreads.
As for the wraiths and bcs 2 words Hydra Defiler.
This is for the people who dont like keeping an overlord around with you, whenever you see an invisible unit around you get a defiler to cast plague it is a double edged sword it hurts them and makes them no longer cloaked. Which is effectivly making your defiler a godly detector on account of his plague,dark swarm and the ability to burrow. After your defiler have plagued your enemys move in with another and cast a dark swarm or 2 by the emenys, then move a few hydras under the dark swarm then while the air shit is attack the hydras move in about 5-10 Devourer to amp the hydras dmg and do some decent dmg. With the hydras attacking with the defilers amp dmg on the plague attacking and revealing cloaked units and the defiler doing dmg not much will last to long.

Verses Protoss
Ever play as zerg and come across millions of photon cannons only to get owned before your hydra get there?
Try defiler, use there dark swarm a little before the cannons then move in some lurker and keep a dark swarm on top of them and before you know it there def will be reduced to ruble.
Most tos players use either Goons or Carrier, Both of witch are easily defeted by the zerg. For goons your best bet is to have some hydra defiler and guardians. Use the defiler to cast darkswarm by the goons, then send in your hydra under the swarn while the goons attack the hydras your guardians can be pummeling them from the air. This works equally well verses all races except zerg. But ill get to that later. As for the carrie, 3 units do the job nicely for you, Defiler,Mutalisks,Devourer. The way to kill the carrier is simple, keep a plague on the carrier at ALL times use the devourer to amp dmg the carrier and do a decent bit of damage to them and have the mutalisks come in and finsh the job up rather nicely. (Muts are better in this case for carrier on account of there spread ability)

Verses Zerg
Quite possibly the best thing you can do for zerg vs zerg is have mutalisks and hydras and a few defiler. Zerg usually mass hydras if you come upon this you may be tempted to use your dark swarm but this is a waste and a mistake. The waste is it makes all zerg units under it invincible so it doe nothing and for the waste its a waste of defiler energy, that energy could go to using plague on there units then moving in some hydras and muts and if they look like there getting hurt badly throw in some lurker and some ling, you should win most of the time.

The strategys listed above are very good when using the zerg if you do them fast enough. Good luck and i hope they benefit you as much as they do me.

[EDIT] A note to you that u should keep in mind- Verses all smart zerg players, a zerg player with no defiler is most often a dead zerg player with a bad record on b.net.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-15, 01:57 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
I'm not really sure bout your Zerg stratagies there... you can somewhat prevent Defilers if you have some Gardians with upgraded Overlord sight upgrade sprinkled at your base.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-15, 02:16 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
But defilers work just as good and they can damage the units so in my mind there seems to be n0 need for overlords except that they act as supply producers and transport units.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-15, 05:20 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
they can find borrowed defilers around your base. they're Zerg's only detector unit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-15, 07:12 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Not true. Defiler is also a detector, the skill plague reveals all invisible units. Also it damages them which makes defiler un-subsititutable in my book.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar