Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim cheats/bugs discussion
Posted 2012-03-29, 12:51 PM
For whatever reason I decided that this discussion should probably be separate from the other thread we currently have running, but if someone feels that it belongs there then it can be moved. This thread can be for discussion of cheats and bugs for Skyrim, the ramifications of using such things, the morality/immorality behind it, or whatever else. Perhaps you know a bug that is totally useless but fun. Perhaps you accidentally ran into a nasty bug once and now you want to tell your horror story.

What this thread is not for is ridiculing others for cheating or exploiting bugs, bragging about how awesome you are because you do or don't cheat, flaming, trolling, and otherwise disruptive behavior. Also, Skyrim is a pretty buggy game, especially older versions, so staying on topic to some degree shouldn't be very difficult either. Also, while technically you can use the console to cheat in a ton of different ways, I'd like to avoid discussion of that because it's incredibly easy for someone to simply look up the console commands and figure it out themselves. Perhaps if someone wants to make a master list of useful console commands for cheating or if someone knows any commands that do particularly fun or exciting things that will be fine.

I'm going to get the discussion started off with a nifty bug I just read about that I had never heard of prior, as well as a horror story I have about a thieves guild bug.

"Daedric arrows are extremely rare, but if you manage to get one, plant it on someone (guards are best for this) whom shoots arrows at a practice dummy. Steal whatever arrows he/she uses, and plant the arrow of your choice (I use Daedric, but Glass arrows are decent too) on the person. They should start firing the arrow of your choice at the target dummy. You can grab the arrows from the target to duplicate them!"

I've never actually attempted that, so I can't speak for how valid it is, but it seems like a pretty useful trick if you don't mind a little extra help.

So my first character was a thief. I compulsively stole everything of value that I could find, and looted every building I came across. Well apparently if you break into Honningbrew Meadery prior to getting the fourth quest in the thieves guild chain (Dampened Spirits) it breaks the quest and you cannot complete it by any normal means. I fiddled with some console commands to try to progress the quest beyond the point where it broke, but it didn't work. The only thing I could do to take care of the problem was use the console to skip to the next quest, losing any and all rewards or experience I would have gained in the quest. It was pretty unfun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!