Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Current Projects?
Posted 2006-12-10, 05:21 PM
wow, there is barely any new topics sooooo, i'll start one.

Whats your current project? Plot, how far you are, main character name.. etc..

As for me im just working on some tests, get back understanding of switches and common events and stuff.

how about you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
United_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUnited_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

United_Ninjas

Posted 2006-12-11, 02:26 PM in reply to United_Ninjas's post "Current Projects?"
Why the hell not - I'll give up some info.

Name: Untitled Zombie Project (Nice one, huh? Will probably end up being Worst Case Scenario)

Plot: A city (not a very big one) is overrun by zombies (not sure why yet, heh), and you, your older brother and his family, and your younger brother are the only ones (that you know of) that made it to the safety of the woods surrounding the city. Surprisingly, this is not a shoot-em-up zombie game, but more of a survival game. You'll start out in your little camp, but you'll move on to a hunting cabin, and you can farm, fish, and hunt to survive. There will be barely any zombie attacks, but I will put in a "zombie outbreak" system, where your cabin will randomly get attacked by zombies. Pretty cool, eh?

Main Characters: Edward Bates (23-ish), James Bates (28), Ellen Bates (27), Michael Bates (9), Gregory Bates (16)

And there ya go. I'm sure this will never see the light of day, but we'll see.

Fun Fact: I have two older siblings, and I've used all of our middle names for the main character's names.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2006-12-11, 02:45 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Why the hell not - I'll give up some..."
You could have a scene where little Michael gets ambushed as he goes out to collect water - the ambushees are a group of old school teachers who don't like him.

"Well, well. Won't you look it this! It's Master Bates!"

Sorry... my mind is overrun with shite right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-11, 02:56 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You could have a scene where little..."
Naw, Michael saw his grandmother (Ed's Mom) get eaten. He doesn't talk for the first half of the game (if he talks at all).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2006-12-11, 02:59 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Naw, Michael saw his grandmother (Ed's..."
Awww... fair enough.

-----

I've got no projects in progress, or on hold... but I've got a million and one plot ideas that would work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-11, 04:25 PM in reply to United_Ninjas's post "Current Projects?"
Info? Why not?

-CBS
-CMS
-Weather System - Rain or Snow can cause a cold. (Lowes STR and DEF)
-Day-Night System
-Large World
-Memberships
-Some Custom Graphics
-No Gameovers

LARGE WORLD. FFXII inspired me to do this. I didn't really like the game, but I've always wanted to add a large world with life everywhere.

Memberships are something I've been working on for a long time. It's kinda like a clan, or... exactly like it, I don't know. You can join certain groups by doing certain activities for the certain group (citizenship, taking quizzes about history).

No gameovers is something I really don't want to give away, but I don't think it's that hard to figure out. Check out the attached picture for clues on why there's no gameovers.

Story - 45% <> Graphics - 60 % <> Music (mostly custom) - 60% <> Systems - 40%
Attached Images
File Type: png 001.png (103.0 KB, 14 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2006-12-11, 06:11 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Why the hell not - I'll give up some..."
Noob101 said:
Why the hell not - I'll give up some info.

Name: Untitled Zombie Project (Nice one, huh? Will probably end up being Worst Case Scenario)

Plot: A city (not a very big one) is overrun by zombies (not sure why yet, heh), and you, your older brother and his family, and your younger brother are the only ones (that you know of) that made it to the safety of the woods surrounding the city. Surprisingly, this is not a shoot-em-up zombie game, but more of a survival game. You'll start out in your little camp, but you'll move on to a hunting cabin, and you can farm, fish, and hunt to survive. There will be barely any zombie attacks, but I will put in a "zombie outbreak" system, where your cabin will randomly get attacked by zombies. Pretty cool, eh?

Main Characters: Edward Bates (23-ish), James Bates (28), Ellen Bates (27), Michael Bates (9), Gregory Bates (16)

And there ya go. I'm sure this will never see the light of day, but we'll see.

Fun Fact: I have two older siblings, and I've used all of our middle names for the main character's names.
Sounds awsome! i hope you finish it/release it. I'm starting to get use to the functions of rmxp. and i just found a useful site, rmxp.org its helping me learn how to map better instead of having really ugly, simple maps
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
United_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUnited_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

United_Ninjas

Posted 2006-12-11, 06:20 PM in reply to United_Ninjas's post starting "Sounds awsome! i hope you finish..."
w00t.

I'll say hi if I see you lurking in one of the tut threads. =O
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-12-14, 09:01 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "w00t. I'll say hi if I see you..."
Atnas said:
w00t.

I'll say hi if I see you lurking in one of the tut threads. =O
Cool. Also, I might release the theme song I wrote for it tonight or tomorrow.

Probably tomorrow. I'm busy pwning the world with Guitar Hero II on expert mode.

Bitches.

*****EDIT

Nevermind. Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip themes.zip (2.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Wed-G; 2006-12-14 at 09:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2006-12-15, 02:59 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Cool. Also, I might release the theme..."
That's an awesome theme! Leet skillz.

Is your main character a vampire?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-12-15, 03:30 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "That's an awesome theme! Leet skillz. ..."
Atnas said:
Is your main character a vampire?
lol, no. I don't really like vampires, zombies, werewolves or skeleton thingys. I feel that they just make things less believeable. That's why I liked FFX. It wasn't weighted down with so much... cliché.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2006-12-17, 01:23 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "That's an awesome theme! Leet skillz. ..."
Atnas said:
That's an awesome theme! Leet skillz.
I'm all about music.

http://www.myspace.com/myopiatedreams

http://www.myspace.com/exsiccate The song on here is primative when it come to the drums.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2006-12-17, 11:32 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I'm all about music. ..."
Am I right in saying that your battles take place on the actual map?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-17, 07:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Am I right in saying that your battles..."
Lenny said:
Am I right in saying that your battles take place on the actual map?
Yes. I'm trying to implement special moves in the form of the SHIFT key.

I want a menu to be able to pop up on the fly and change spells or items that differs from the actual CMS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2006-12-18, 10:01 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Yes. I'm trying to implement special..."
It always amazes me how it's possible with RM2K3... I see it as a basic program. I only found out a few days ago that you could program in it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-18, 07:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It always amazes me how it's possible..."
Lenny said:
It always amazes me how it's possible with RM2K3... I see it as a basic program. I only found out a few days ago that you could program in it.
Eh? Are you serious? Way more than basic. But, then again, people really don't put much effort into games anymore.

Right now, I'm stuck. I need a map designer. I CAN'T find any chipset I like.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2006-12-19 at 07:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G