Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod.
Posted 2002-11-19, 07:14 AM
Okay guys. Since this question has been asked so many times, I guess it deserves a straight answer straight from the horse's mouth. So here it is:
Over a month ago, Rurouni followed a link in my sig on another forum (the INA I-War forum) and joined here. He liked several things about it and decided to stay.
He would often PM about warez on the forums. I noticed that most of this was old posts being brought back up.
So a few weeks ago, I asked if he would like to help by digging through the old posts (118,000 of them) and trash the warez and pr0n. This obviously requires Sen. Mod. privledges. When I talked to Chruser about this and suggested doing this in a way that noone would notice, Chruser said to make him a normal Sen. Mod.

I admit that perhaps it was not wise to do so after he had only been here for a few weeks. That is my fault. If I had waited another month or so, he would have probably already understood about the flame forum and who was who.

Despite this, I have known him for over a year at the INA I-War and on ICQ and do trust him to do the job well. While admittedly he got off on the wrong foot with you guys, I believe it was excusable and he is very willing to make ammends and try to do better. I very much hope you will give him the chance.

As for his behaviour, in similar circumstances, I might have acted similarly.

Last edited by WetWired; 2002-11-19 at 07:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-11-19, 07:27 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Thank you for clearing things up, WW.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-19, 12:04 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Quote:
Originally posted by WetWired
digging through the old posts (118,000 of them) and trash the warez and pr0n. This obviously requires Sen. Mod. privledges.

When I first saw him as a Sup Mod i was like "WTF" but then Chruser told me that ^ and i dropped the attitude about that.

Quote:
I have known him for over a year .......and do trust him to do the job well.
I trust you WW and if you say you trust him I do too.

Quote:
While admittedly he got off on the wrong foot with you guys, I believe it was excusable and he is very willing to make ammends and try to do better. I very much hope you will give him the chance.

As for his behaviour, in similar circumstances, I might have acted similarly.
Yea he fugured out the flame forum and about a few members the hard way But you have to make mistakes to learn from them.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-19, 12:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
He needs to stop PMing me thsat hes leaving already since he obviously isn't
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-11-19, 12:13 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Grav, done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-19, 02:43 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Good, so every can lay off him now, right? I'm sick of seeing "Rurouni this..." and "Rurouni that..." i understand he's just doing his job, so I'm not gonna flame him for something he's supposed to do. And welcome to Zelaron, Rurouni Storm.

(btw for you select few members, I'm not kissing ass)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-19, 02:43 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
I'm glad you aren't because I don't like ass kissers either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-19, 03:19 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Well... it clears it up for me too. But i personally dont see the importance of cleaning up old threads.. if you know what I mean =-0.

Well... I got my point across too =-/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-11-19, 03:20 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Did you alctually read my whole post? It explains the importance of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-11-19, 03:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
I don't think there are many kiss asses around (I hope) Anyways, he IS just doing what he has been asked to do, and I think he is doing good, I don't know how he puts up with everyones flame, but I think he is doin a good job! keep it up man, unless you actually do something screwy, then ill see you in hell, lol.
as Lord of the Undead I feel it is my duty to EAT YOUR BRAINS! or at the very least DRINK YOUR BLOOD!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mestivo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMestivo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mestivo

Posted 2002-11-19, 04:22 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Quote:
Originally posted by WetWired
Did you alctually read my whole post? It explains the importance of it.
Well as I understand the server move wasn't really needed and all it did is waist a few more dollars of whoever is financing this which I do belive is you WW....

LoOk aT MeEh, I'm GaY!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Logic is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLogic is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Logic

Posted 2002-11-19, 10:28 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
As I posted in one of the flame threads directed at me:

I was definitely stricter when dealing with the older posts because I thought they wouldn't really matter. I was wrong.

With the newer ones, I prefer to give a poster the benefit of the doubt when possible. The treatment by a few members who I still haven't figured out yet ,and shall remain anonymous once I do, set me off before. It shall not happen again.

I'm usually not so much of a hardass. If you visited the site I admin, you'd know that. Too bad it's a private forum (for a gaming clan) and I can't invite you.

The important thing to remember is now that the trash is taken care of, I'll be moderating the normal way I do, which is fairly lenient, but probably not as lenient as you guys are used to. I'll find a nice balance that you can accept, though. I've been the bad cop, but I'm trying to be the good one now. I don't want the guy everyone's either taunting or afraid of, I want to be the guy people can talk to if there's a problem on the board. A mediator and moderator, not a nazi or censor.

I prefer to act the way I want to be treated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-20, 03:50 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
I'll hogtie you and throw you into a vat of burning oil
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-11-22, 11:31 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Hey, thats not nice Grav!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-11-22, 11:35 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
Grav isn't nice and he never forgets :up:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-22, 12:13 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
STOP PMING ME YOU PEDOPHILE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-11-22, 12:21 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rurouni Storm the Sen. Mod."
You were talking to Titus?

I sure hope so. Also, flame in the proper forum next time.

Last edited by Rurouni Storm; 2002-11-22 at 12:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm