Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2002-04-06, 01:44 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
3dsmax newbiness
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plane.jpg (105.2 KB, 77 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-07, 12:55 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
hehe those are simple effects try multi texturing and mixing textures hell i made a skinnable website interface, wanna c it?
its up to next GOOD, WORTHY site who asks for its use too, chrsers seen it, but its too techy for this kinda site... its pretty much one of the best interface designs on the web too....IM me on aol instant messenger @ zr0c0o1 or stealth1205 if u wana c my work... i can teach u how to do liek 3d reflections using 2d photoshop effects if u want xen, that could really spice up that first picture....

Last edited by z3r0 c0o1; 2002-04-07 at 01:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
z3r0 c0o1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenz3r0 c0o1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

z3r0 c0o1

Posted 2002-04-07, 12:57 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
I got 3dsmax a day ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-07, 12:59 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
my first 3dsmax project was making a 3d anime girl... i reformatted my comp over teh summer and lost my work--- and eventually threw out that hard drive cuz it had physical damage... but if someoen can hook me up with a 3ds max r3.1 i can try and write u guys some tutorials on human body modeling entirely out of splines, i can also take a real person and 3d-tize them with 3 or 4 pictures of his/her face front, sides, and can try and model that, this stuff is hard tho and CANNOT BE DONE IN MERELY A FEW HOURS this takes days-weeks-months to complete but i can write ya tutorials on teh face modeling cuz thats pretty easy actually.

u can also get some good 3ds max resources at www.phong.com they have VERY GOOD photoshop resources there too some stuff u probably didnt know u can do with photoshop is theer also. u should check it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
z3r0 c0o1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenz3r0 c0o1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

z3r0 c0o1

Posted 2002-04-07, 01:04 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
xenn u should try playing with splines and the extrude function, u can get much nicer things out of that, and also, one of the more popular methods of modeling in 3dsmax is "box modeling" where u take a cube and u pinch and move around the varius points and vertices. thats the more "popular" way of human modeling as well. supposedly its faster, but i only know one way, and im not THAT good in 3ds max as id likbecause i lenmy 3dsmax cds to somebody and he moved and never gavem back <at least i didnt pay $4000 for it i stole from skool burned it and returned it> peace out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

z3r0 c0o1

Posted 2002-04-07, 01:07 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
yeah, i hafta agree with king kai 3 lens flares are kinda newbiesh its poor judgement to leave a plain lens flare in there- u should modify teh effect when u use it, a VERY MINOR blur usually looks nice on a lens flare for example...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

z3r0 c0o1

Posted 2002-04-07, 04:13 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
thx zero for teaching me how to do this
Attached Images
File Type: gif mars.gif (116.8 KB, 59 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-07, 04:57 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
Quote:
Originally posted by Xenn
I assume you just made the background, added a really bright lens flare, then Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinants( I can't spell that word). Am I right? If now how did you do it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-04-07, 05:25 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
Quote:
thx zero for teaching me how to do this
no, thank the people at NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo who put together the tutorial.

http://www.NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo.com/tutorials_p_grock.html
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-04-17, 08:33 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-26, 05:42 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
No offence, but I really dont like xenns art, at all . Sorry Xenn.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-04-27, 07:54 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
I try photoshop soo much, but can't make nothin.. lol anyone wanna email me some hints or somethin??? i would really appreciate it!!! or PM me plz and xenn pay no attention to tacox, your work is better then his!! sorry tacox
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
CrEEpR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCrEEpR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

CrEEpR

Posted 2002-04-27, 07:57 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
Quote:
Originally posted by tacoX
No offence, but I really dont like xenns art, at all . Sorry Xenn.

says you SCAN LINES!

:] :] :] :] :]:] :] :] :] :] :] :]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2002-05-01, 03:46 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
that rock thing is so easy it is all channel shit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
thatdude331 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenthatdude331 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

thatdude331

Posted 2002-05-01, 03:47 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"

that is my wallpapper that is channel crap and lighting crap to but still looks good and even better since i made it and my name is joey castagna

Last edited by thatdude331; 2002-05-01 at 04:47 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
thatdude331 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenthatdude331 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

thatdude331

Posted 2002-05-01, 03:48 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
beat that

ohe yea and can u hook me up with 3dsm xenn

Last edited by thatdude331; 2002-05-01 at 04:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

thatdude331

Posted 2002-05-01, 06:12 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
Heh.. not really.. it's like 150 megs AND mine doesn't even work right.

Get a share program and search for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2002-05-01, 06:38 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
how do you do the lightning?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-05-01, 07:11 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
  • Press D (should make colors black and white)
  • Filter / Distort / Render Clouds
  • Filter / Distory / Render Difference Clouds
  • Image / Adjust (or adjustments) / Invert - Or, try Ctrl + I
  • Image / Adjust (or "adjustments" / Levels - Or, just try Ctrl + L. Slide the slider and make the background darker and the lightning darker.
  • Image / Adjust (or adjustments) / Hue/Saturation - Or, just try Ctrl + U. Check "Colorize" And fool around with the settings slider.

And then you've got lightning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2002-05-01, 07:27 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Xenn Images"
wow it kicks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin