Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Legal Pot, Colorado, Washington
Posted 2012-11-06, 10:50 PM
It has arrived. Now to see how the fed reacts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-06, 11:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Legal Pot, Colorado, Washington"
This shall be exciting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-07, 09:41 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "This shall be exciting."
I was sad my state didn't have a legalization prop.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-11-07, 09:45 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Legal Pot, Colorado, Washington"
I just hope these states dont mess this up. They'll be the posterchild for every anti marijuana ad for the next 50 years to come.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-11-07, 09:54 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I just hope these states dont mess this..."
Crossing my fingers. I don't think they'll let us down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-07, 10:06 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Crossing my fingers. I don't think..."
I don't really think there is much they could do to mess it up. They already have a working system for alcohol, it's simply a matter of putting marijuana on a similar working system. The only issues I could see causing problems are the issues involving how to test properly to see if someone is "intoxicated" for the purposes of operating a motor vehicle, and how the fed will react to the whole thing. For all we know the laws could be stamped out before they even get a chance to prove themselves.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-07, 10:11 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't really think there is much they..."
It's possible, so let's hope they give them enough time to prove they can work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-07, 04:25 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "It's possible, so let's hope they give..."
I agree with KA and am wondering how the feds will react to this. Isn't it still a federal offence to be in possession?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-11-07, 05:30 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I agree with KA and am wondering how..."
YES!, was just about to post this. It's California's turn to make it official now. Well, basically right now it's unofficially official. Cops don't really fuck with you at all unless they don't like you lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-11-07, 06:13 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I agree with KA and am wondering how..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
I agree with KA and am wondering how the feds will react to this. Isn't it still a federal offence to be in possession?
Wikipedia said:
Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, Federal Statutes, and U.S. Treaties as "the supreme law of the land." The text decrees these to be the highest form of law in the U.S. legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either the state constitution or state law of any state.
Wikipedia said:
Cannabis is classified as a Schedule I drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970 and is deemed to have a high potential for abuse and no legitimate medical uses. As such, it prohibits the possession, usage, purchase, sale, and/or cultivation of marijuana.
Now, I doubt the federal government will be sending in agents to arrest people in possession of pot. More likely, they'll shut down the producers/distributors and create enough fear of enforcement that the market will be crippled and sent back underground.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-07, 06:33 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Now, I doubt the federal government..."
So let's fight it or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-07, 06:37 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Now, I doubt the federal government..."
What's most important is that it sends a message to congress that increasingly, people want legalization.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-11-07, 08:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What's most important is that it sends..."
Had the democrats gained control of the house of representin', I would have predicted federally legalized pot by the end of Obama's term. Unfortunately that will probably never happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-07, 08:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Had the democrats gained control of the..."
It is possible, broski.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-08, 08:51 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "It is possible, broski."
If it's federally legal, would that mean that all states have to have it legal or can states still choose that? Just wondering, not that I actually want this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-11-08, 09:56 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "If it's federally legal, would that..."
That may fall under nullification. But if it were federally legal, they could choose to sell or not to sell or restrict the way some dry counties do with alcohol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-08, 10:35 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "That may fall under nullification. But..."
Just grow pot in the spare rooms of your houses, like regular smart people.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-11-08, 10:43 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "If it's federally legal, would that..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
If it's federally legal, would that mean that all states have to have it legal or can states still choose that? Just wondering, not that I actually want this.
I think that situation is less clear-cut. I think the fed can give the states the right to choose, but they would basically just do that by removing pot from the CSA. If there were a federal law saying that pot is legal, it would require some sort of footnote for states to be able to go against that. That is how I understand it, at least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-14, 02:42 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think that situation is less..."
Let's get blitzed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2012-11-15, 12:36 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Let's get blitzed"
So other than the ability to smoke pot while walking down the street, what does this even do?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai