Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Question How di I create a new weapon?
Posted 2008-10-07, 05:44 PM
I know how to actually create it, but not how to get the image, all i can get are the original weapons, put i cant add my own animations... any help here would be nice...

EDIT: Yes, i have the animations, they work, i can also equip my hero with the weapon, albeit its invisible since i couldnt find the wanted animation...

Last edited by Elucin; 2008-10-07 at 05:50 PM. Reason: More info...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Elucin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenElucin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Elucin

Posted 2008-10-07, 05:52 PM in reply to Elucin's post "How di I create a new weapon?"
Elucin said: [Goto]
I know how to actually create it, but not how to get the image, all i can get are the original weapons, put i cant add my own animations... any help here would be nice...
I have 2 things to say.
Have you looked at the Rpg maker help file?

and

Go into your database, change the max number of weapons to +1 of whatever is currently is, then create the weapon. Add the name/strenght ect.

To get your image, Make it in whatever program you use, then go to your resources and click on add (or something similar) then find your file, and click ok.

Animations though, i wouldn't know.

(oh, and to all the other Rpg users that might help with this. i've never used 2k3 so i might be wrong and you will have to escuse/correct me)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

Posted 2008-10-07, 05:57 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "I have 2 things to say. Have you..."
Answer one: I would look at the helo file, but im running vista and it doesnt support the help file

Answer two: Yes i've done that, and as i said, the weapon works in combat, its the animation itself i have a problem making...

EDIT: hold on, i didnt see the second part of your second answer, i think it would work, but it sais Invalid color depth... which is another story...

EDIT II: Ah, Okay..... i think im done, i haventtried yet, but i converted to 256 colors

EDIT III: Sorry to keep doing this.... but now its saying Invalid Image size, even though im following the specifications from one of the other posts on weapon Charset sizes....

FINAL EDIT!!! Problem solved, i didnt know it had to be EXACTLY the right sizes.... cheers

Last edited by Elucin; 2008-10-07 at 07:40 PM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Elucin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenElucin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Elucin

Posted 2008-10-08, 11:24 AM in reply to Elucin's post starting "Answer one: I would look at the helo..."
Elucin said: [Goto]
Answer one: I would look at the helo file, but im running vista and it doesnt support the help file

Answer two: Yes i've done that, and as i said, the weapon works in combat, its the animation itself i have a problem making...

EDIT: hold on, i didnt see the second part of your second answer, i think it would work, but it sais Invalid color depth... which is another story...

EDIT II: Ah, Okay..... i think im done, i haventtried yet, but i converted to 256 colors

EDIT III: Sorry to keep doing this.... but now its saying Invalid Image size, even though im following the specifications from one of the other posts on weapon Charset sizes....

FINAL EDIT!!! Problem solved, i didnt know it had to be EXACTLY the right sizes.... cheers
Lol... Thats funny, (by the way, its better to edit than to double post) Anyways i'm glad i could help with a maker that i don't even use. They are mostly the same give or take a couple of functions and the mapping.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn