Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Posted 2008-03-05, 10:03 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I'm looking at this picture, and I..."
yes i did, i am able to walk under it, that top space is on the third layer, but yes i am able to walk underneath it, however if i had extended it out one more square, then i wouldn't have been able to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-03-05, 11:21 AM in reply to Coriander's post starting "yes i did, i am able to walk under it,..."
Coriander said:
yes i did, i am able to walk under it, that top space is on the third layer, but yes i am able to walk underneath it, however if i had extended it out one more square, then i wouldn't have been able to.
Why wouldn't you have been able to walk under it with one more tile. The overpass should be an event with an "always on top" setting.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-05, 01:04 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Why wouldn't you have been able to walk..."
I'm not fantastic with eventing, so i am trying to keep it as simple as i can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-03-05, 01:52 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "I'm not fantastic with eventing, so i..."
Coriander said:
I'm not fantastic with eventing, so i am trying to keep it as simple as i can.
You know, if you need me to. Can I take a look at what you have going and possibly make some changes and show you how to do'em that way your game will be more flexible when doing things.

I had to self-teach myself, and I would have rather someone else had taught me. So I'm giving you the chance. Take it or leave it, I doesn't bother me.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-05, 02:47 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "I'm not fantastic with eventing, so i..."
You probably don't care much, but your mapping is horrible, Coriander.

Too much open space, there's no reason why your maps shouldn't be realistically arranged.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-05, 03:18 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "You probably don't care much, but your..."
Atnas said:
You probably don't care much, but your mapping is horrible, Coriander.

Too much open space, there's no reason why your maps shouldn't be realistically arranged.
That's the exact reason I want I want to take a look at the file and work with it.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-05, 04:37 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "That's the exact reason I want I want..."
I am fully aware my mapping is shitty. This is my first game...hence why i put everything on there is going to be changed. The maps will be re-arranged and everything else. And if you want to GLG, i will pack the file and send it too you sometime tonight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-03-05, 05:09 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "I am fully aware my mapping is shitty...."
Coriander said:
I am fully aware my mapping is shitty. This is my first game...hence why i put everything on there is going to be changed. The maps will be re-arranged and everything else. And if you want to GLG, i will pack the file and send it too you sometime tonight.
Yes please. Hmm...Do you know how to work FTP, I will make an area specifically for you. And give you the login for it. That way you don't have to upload it though a third party. I'll send you a program and the login/pass.

For some who are reading this you may think I am giving him my login and password, that is wrong. I am giving him one area of the site so he can upload things.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-05, 05:56 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yes please. Hmm...Do you know how to..."
That reminds me I need to buy a new domain name.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-05, 06:12 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yes please. Hmm...Do you know how to..."
Yea sure man. Why not. Just gimme about thirty minutes, kinda swamped at the moment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-04-02, 01:56 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Heh, nice photoshop. Might want to fix..."
Atnas said:
Heh, nice photoshop. Might want to fix up some untidy borders, but I like how each country looks geographically.
New version.

Whatcha think?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-02, 02:05 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "New version. Whatcha think? ..."
Complete with gratuitous blood splatter, too! Nice.

How've you done the borders, out of interest? Just a lot of straight lines?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-02, 06:04 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Complete with gratuitous blood..."
Aye, I got bored redrawing the countries. So they're basically rough edges. Not how I sketched at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-03, 09:46 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Aye, I got bored redrawing the..."
I know a fella on another forum who's put together a couple of tutorials for map-building in Photoshop (it's a SF & F forum, and we all like to make our own maps). He's only got two up (building the map from scratch in PS, and then adding the paper background), but they're good:

http://www.jezelf.co.uk/tutorials.htm

Whilst the building a map from a sketch tutorial isn't yet written, I doubt it'd be hard to follow the steps from the first tutorial, but build it to a general shape, rather than randomly placing the cut out bits together.

The only criticism I have about your map is the jagged lines. Not that they're jagged, but that there are too many of them, and they're very sharp. Personally I think that fewer looks better.

You might want to put in a few rivers, too, and maybe mountains and forests, just to make it look more credible.

EDIT: If you need persuading that the tutorial works, here's one I did in Photoshop using it as a guideline:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97.../mapklomar.jpg

Notice the supreme lack of mountains a trees.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-04, 09:45 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I know a fella on another forum who's..."
Excellent tutorial.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-28, 08:18 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Excellent tutorial."
I have a new current project.

Due to my site, everything on this Earth has slowed down.

Current Projects :

RMVX - Random RTP Adventure - Condition: On Hold
RMVX - Ruins: Another RTP Filled Adventure - Condition: Low Focus
RMXP - Unwell: SOTWNMTB : BTE - Condition: On Hold Since 2007
Coding - Website - Condition: Main Focus

-==----==----==----==----==----==----==----==----==-

Code:
Title		: Ruins: Another RTP Filled Adventure
Writer		: Goodlookinguy
RPG Maker	: RPG Maker VX
Graphics	: RTP (Not Modified)
Music		: RTP (Not Modified)
Characters	: カーリ(Carry) - ヒューゴ(Hugo) - サーリンダ(Sálynda)
Description	: Carry is a young Magician with no magical powers at all.  So what is he to do?  Go off on another fun filled RTP adventure!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-05-13, 12:13 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I have a new current project. Due to..."
I am pissed off now..My computer crashed and took a good majority of my shit with it. Including Skype, Yahoo, My RPG Makers, and a good majority of my pictures and other folders. I lost diablo II, Track Mania Nations, and Maple Story. I am now in the process of re-downloading my shit. Including Rpg Maker XP. So what does this mean? MY GAME IS FUCKING GONE IS WHAT IT FUCKING MEANS! Since all my shit has been destroyed by my peice of shit computer I have to start Magical:Sky of Nerox over from scratch..Item Icons, Summons, Spells, Weapons, Characters all that shit and more. This...Sucks..Ass...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-05-13, 12:23 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "I am pissed off now..My computer..."
Coriander said:
I am pissed off now..My computer crashed and took a good majority of my shit with it. Including Skype, Yahoo, My RPG Makers, and a good majority of my pictures and other folders. I lost diablo II, Track Mania Nations, and Maple Story. I am now in the process of re-downloading my shit. Including Rpg Maker XP. So what does this mean? MY GAME IS FUCKING GONE IS WHAT IT FUCKING MEANS! Since all my shit has been destroyed by my peice of shit computer I have to start Magical:Sky of Nerox over from scratch..Item Icons, Summons, Spells, Weapons, Characters all that shit and more. This...Sucks..Ass...
I have the file you uploaded for me still. Do you want me to upload it, even though it's most likely older than the one you had?

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-05-13, 12:25 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I have the file you uploaded for me..."
I don't know dude, I have had writers block for the past few days..and since I was writing it in Wordpad, the document itself is gone, Hence the storyline as well is gone. To be honest, I would say trash it And I will go on with a new storyline and shit...Basically A new project all together. I have a headache now..Great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-05-13, 12:32 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "I don't know dude, I have had writers..."
Coriander said:
I don't know dude, I have had writers block for the past few days..and since I was writing it in Wordpad, the document itself is gone, Hence the storyline as well is gone. To be honest, I would say trash it And I will go on with a new storyline and shit...Basically A new project all together. I have a headache now..Great.
Well, there's one positive, I re-uploaded all of the RPG Makers to my site, and my site just went back to normal after the host had some technical difficulties. Go and download 'em!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy