Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Posted 2008-02-16, 03:22 AM in reply to Michael_sama's post starting "Update! Game Name: The Random RTP..."
Michael_sama said:
Update!

Game Name: The Random RTP Adventure Tales
Author: GLG and Michael_sama
Music: RTP
Graphics: RTP
Type: Comedy/Drama
Time Expect to be ready: April 1, 2008
There are some slightly altered graphics and add ins, but they are all RTP graphics.

We are working really hard and have a chunk of the script written, and a part of the actual game done. Well graphics wise anyways. We will be releasing it soon, because we are determined. And because I am a master of RPG Maker. Oh! One more thing it is being built on RPG Maker VX!

Game Name: Random RTP Adventure
Author: GLG and Michael_sama
Music: RTP
Graphics: RTP/Slightly Altered RTP
Type: Comedy/Drama
Platform: RPG Maker VX
Time Expect to be ready: April 1, 2008

It will be playable by people who don't have RPG Maker VX at all, I think. I will use that compress thing in the game and embed the RTP + Encrypting the game.

EDIT: We are not only now using RTP from VX we are also using the RPG Maker XP RTP including Music etc.!

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-02-16 at 06:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-17, 01:22 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "There are some slightly altered..."
Awesome.

-----------

My friend Dox and I both got to talking about RPG's and decided to make one together by blending our current projects. I'll use your little form.

Game Name: Undecided
Author: Atnas & Dox
Music: Completely Custom MP3 (Dox)
Graphics: Compketely custom 2d (Atnas)
Type: Adventure/Action RPG
Platform: RPG Maker XP
Time Expected to be ready: February, 2010?

I'm assuming it'll take us a couple years and we might sell it.

I was sketching a little today and came up with the main character's face.

Last edited by Atnas; 2008-02-17 at 01:29 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-18, 01:46 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Awesome. ----------- My friend..."
I started work on a game about a week ago, im debating on whether or not to have it completely custom graphics and music. If i did that i would need a partner, cause i am just getting started in spriting.. Anyway, here is the game i am currently working on.

Game Title - "The Moons Of Drala"
The moons of Drala is a tale of love, hate, friendship, and enemies. Like all good rpgs lol.

You start out as Zen Fuyu,(Although you can change the name.) a easy, outgoing guy who is usually the first one to crack a joke. He comes from the village of Doru, Small and on the outskirts of the main village of Tesmu. His parents started his training in battle when he was nine years old. His father, Lorisku was a kind man, but did not like being dis-respected. Zen made the mistake of calling him old when he was twelve, and ended up getting smacked across the face with the side of a blade. His mother, Maria wasn't around for long, she passed away shortly after zen turned twelve. She was the loving mother, whenever zen got hurt during his training, she was right there, with a bandage and a kiss. He never had any brother's or sisters, he was an only child. But he didn't mind it much, after all he had his father. But, that wasn't to last either, One night, at the end of autumn, The village of Yoruix attacked Dolu. The townspeople fought against the tide, while the royalty fled. Lorisku picked up his blade and hurried zen out the back door and into the forest of Iuxe. Zen was twelve at the time of the attack, his father thought him too young, he thought himself ready. He hurried out of the forest back towards the town, his small dagger clutched in his hand. He rounded the corner of the mayor's house to find his father engaged in combat with two soldiers. Lorisku swung his blade in a circular motion out towards the neck of the soldier at his right, but in doing so he left his left side unguarded. The soldier swung out, the sword moving in-between Lorisku's rib cage and into his lung. Zen stood and watched, tears rolling down his face as he was struck motionless. Now... Thirteen years later, the village has been rebuilt, family's restored. Zen only passed by the village from time to time, too much heartbreak had occured there for him to bare. The mayor stopped him one day, and asked "Zen, i have a request for you, i need you to go to the town of Drala. There is a tradesmen there by the name of Desux. He is carrying with him a package that i need." Gazing out towards the outskirts of Doru as he pondered, taking a breath he said "Nice to see you to mayor, wonderful to know im your delivery system now." The mayor's teeth gritted as he looked at zen, replying slowly "Listen, i need the package because it contains the money the townspeople made during the harvest. Now please go get it." Sighing Zen tapped his foot and said "Fine, only because it is the townspeople's money. I will be gone for a week at most. Goobye for now mayor." He walked out of the village and stretched, taking a small look back he turned and headed forward, towards the town drala.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-02-18, 02:20 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "I started work on a game about a week..."
You won't finish it if everything is custom. Also, no one would want to play it because it would look horrible. That is - only because you're just starting. I've been spriting for quite some time, and even then, I still don't think I'm ready to actually start making the custom graphics for Dox and I's game as of yet. And I'm better than 95% of RM spriters by now.

I like the pemise, however I would suggest a name that isn't... Zen... Also how did Zen spend the 13 years between the raid and present day? Just fix that and if you make it with the RTP style, you'll have no problem.

Send me some sprites you made and I'll look them over for you man. I'd love to help you get better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-18, 03:24 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "You won't finish it if everything is..."
My RTP adventure is going to be the best and the easiest to mess with. I have so far created a special class changing system and a special buying system. This game may be using RTP, but that doesn't mean I can't use some special features.

My game will be one of the first RMVX games available! Not to mention I used a few extra scripts in it.

I have been creating my own custom sprites for about a year-and-a-half now. I still make sprites that just look plain odd.

One more thing, I've been creating my Max sprite and it is looking alright so far!

Expect the Random RTP Adventure beta 1, to be ready in about 1-2 months. If you want to play the games beta 1 form, you have to contact me. I will allow some people to preview it (after all I need feedback before its release).

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-18, 04:05 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "You won't finish it if everything is..."
All of this stuff that i mentioned will be dictacted through events on the first map, before he gets back to Doru. I have an option for people to pick there name, i just used Zen Fuyu because it means"Just Winter, or Good Winter".

That was just a basis of my story plan, i plan on eventing the scene where his dad dies and all of that. I might just use the character sets i have downloaded, and when im done with a few games (Be a couple years at least) Then i'll start thinking about a custom one, I am working on the hair of my first sprite, it's a pain, But i will send it to you if you want atnas the moment i get the hair done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-02-29, 03:16 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "All of this stuff that i mentioned will..."
*Sigh* The moons of drala has failed . Why? because of the fact it was all just maps and no story line aside from what i posted, i didn't know how to add anything to it, so i ditched it. And began work on another project.

Game Name : Magical: Sky of Nerox
Graphics : Character sets made from a generator, they look awesome for the battlers im using.
Battle system : DBS with a ATB system
A few other scripts, like ums, bars, and a script which allows two handed weapons and weapons to attack twice.
Estimated Time of Arrival : November - December 2008
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-02-29, 04:42 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "*Sigh* The moons of drala has failed..."
That sounds like a much better plan. First games should always be simple.

And I think the DBS is an awesome system, by the way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-29, 09:44 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "That sounds like a much better plan...."
Yeah, i was looking around and decided to use the DBS with an Active time battle system, cause turn based gets old. And i figured that instead of going for a huge project, i would slow it down. Right now i am naming the weapons and armor and stuff, i already have everybody's skill's named and animated, the main characters anyway. I have a few maps done, and i am starting on the story line tomorrow evening.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-03-01, 12:52 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Yeah, i was looking around and decided..."
That sounds great. Now you're making me want to scratch that RM itch.

Must... Resist...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-01, 03:32 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "That sounds great. Now you're making me..."
Hahaha, No don't resist, give in! haha, i have the first five maps created and im working on the story line when im not doing that. I downloaded an icon pack with 1421 icons in it ...and i still need to import them... lots of clicking..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-03-01, 03:50 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Hahaha, No don't resist, give in! haha,..."
If you get RMVX in English, it comes with a premade file. And there are some beautiful stages created with it. Man they are skilled.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-01, 03:54 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "If you get RMVX in English, it comes..."
Haha, yeah i would say they would be pretty amazing, since they have to test it and all of that stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-03-01, 05:18 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Haha, yeah i would say they would be..."
Coriander said:
Haha, yeah i would say they would be pretty amazing, since they have to test it and all of that stuff.
I should take some snapshots of the levels, but not right now. I am deep in homework, and am taking a 3-minute brake. Well, I'm off, again.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

a new "Current Projects" thread reply
Posted 2008-03-03, 09:59 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I should take some snapshots of the..."
Ok... I figured seeing as of how my game is still early in development, i would take a few screen shots

Ok..it is more then a few...SO BEWARE, IMAGE HEAVY!!!! .... :P

Just a random map, will add more to it later.

Starting skill that ecvid has.

Icons, bar's, stats.. And if you're wondering what that gap is between shield and sword. I am using a multi slot script with allows for the person to weird two handed weapons, two weapons, attack twice with one weapon, equip boots, gauntlets etc, basically adds more slots.

Ok...the picture i will be using as a title...the text however...will be changed and edited around so it isn't just a red text in the corner of the title.

Just a quick shot of damage...Level 1 Ecvid FTW!!!!

Just a quick screeny of the battler type's im using, there are alot of enemies in my game..gonna be about 200..because thats about as many battlers i have for enemies...and one for a party..yes..this is a one person main character game!! wooot!!...

Well..thats every screen shot i have at the moment, scroll down and you will see two more i put up prior to this edit. Well..off to work i go!!

Last edited by Coriander; 2008-03-04 at 12:21 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-03-04, 01:13 AM in reply to Coriander's post "a new "Current Projects" thread..."
It looks nice. I like that mini character in the left side during battle.

Photobucket has an img tag premade. See above ^

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-04, 04:20 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "It looks nice. I like that mini..."
will this game be playable to people without any rpg maker??
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-04, 05:18 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "will this game be playable to people..."
Asamin said:
will this game be playable to people without any rpg maker??
As long as he packs the file, it should be playable to people with RMXP.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-04, 12:12 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "As long as he packs the file, it should..."
Yeah, i will pack it once i feel satisfied with it for a demo, which will be awhile. So until then here is two more screen shots.

Starting room of the game.

The house which the starting room is apart of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-03-05, 03:49 AM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Yeah, i will pack it once i feel..."
Coriander said:
I'm looking at this picture, and I wonder. Did you set it up correctly to be able to walk under the top of the room openings (door space).
------------
I found out that my new English Starter KIT will work on the Japanese versions of the game. game.rvproj -Notepad-> RPGVX 1.02 -change to-> RPGVX 1.00

Geez they didn't even try to stop people.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy