Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

I think this fits here
Posted 2007-08-25, 10:15 AM
Anywho... This is a rant from a 16 year old kid, the reson I wanted to post this for ppl to see is 1. the language he uses at this age compared to what was acceptable infront of parents atleast when I was that age and 2. because of the general context used

IM SICK OF ALL THE PARENTS WHO BLAME ALL THE WORLDS PROBLEMS ON GAMES AND MUSIC. *****General Context*****IT SICKENS ME TO THE POINT OF INSANITY ****general context end**** ITS NOT MARLYN MANSIONS FAULT THAT YOUR KID WENT ALL EMO AND KILLED HIMSELF SO LEAVE HIM ALONE AND BLAME YOURSELVES FOR HIS DEATH BECAUSE YOU DIDNT PAY THAT MUCH ATTENTION TO HOW HE WAS ACCTING, OR ASKED HIM IF HE WAS ALRIGHT JESUS.

NOW TIME FOR THE ASSHOLES WHO WANT ALL RATED M GAMES PULLED OFF THE SHELVES YOU ARE DUMB ASSES AND SHOULD BE HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER "MY KIDS FAILING SCHOOL BECAUSE OF VIDEO GAMES " THAT IS BS YOUR KIDS FAILING SCHOOL BECAUSE HES A RETARED AND YOU JUST DONT GIVE A DAMN

FUCKING PRICKS

I don't know about any of yall but I wasn't that elequiot till I really started careing about what I wrote... I just think its amuseing that more children and Young teens now adays are more active in political things like this and arn't allowed to post opinions anywhere but in some internet blog than most adults are who could care less about the things affecting or not effecting the children that are growing up with these "violent" *cough* bulshit *cough* things...
Like it or Leave it<3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

NyxianaSpades

Posted 2007-08-25, 10:37 AM in reply to NyxianaSpades's post "I think this fits here"
It is the parents' responsibility to actively guide a child. It is the gaming companies' responsibility to produce a product which sells. There is no overlap in responsibility. Video games, movies, and music, do, however, influence the behavior of children. This is evinced at any high school.

I'm not sure what you want to discuss here. Was it the content of his post? Was it his eloquence? Was it his lack of eloquence? Was it the condition of today's youth in the context of politics? I'm not sure here.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-08-25 at 11:46 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-31, 10:44 PM in reply to NyxianaSpades's post "I think this fits here"
Man, I really have no idea how to follow this. I am completely failing to grasp one concrete thought here. Ugh...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-08-31, 11:24 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Man, I really have no idea how to..."
Censorship should not take the place of parentship, and these days it is. Parents need to learn how to be parents and not ask everyone else to do it for them.

That's really all I have to contribute to this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-01, 07:57 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Censorship should not take the place of..."
Parents are grasping for straws to blame their failure on something else and safe face.

That 16-year-old didn't type things that well though =p. If he was 5 and typed that I'd be impressed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-01, 11:32 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Parents are grasping for straws to..."
sorry I confused a few ppl with the way I posted that I was a little sleep deprived... I was just astonished at a 16year old's point of view on these things and as a baby sitter watching kids younger and younger not only learn but mature so emotionaly fast now adays that I wanted to see what otehrs opinions were on the games and music and paranteing of today and how its effecting the kids
Like it or Leave it<3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

NyxianaSpades

Posted 2007-09-08, 11:48 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "It is the parents' responsibility to..."
Even if music, movies, and games influence behavior that is no excuse to blame companies for what your kids do or did. If you really don't want your kid to play violent games then DON'T BUY HIM ANY! It is that simple. I am tired of parents blaming others for their own weakness and lack of ability to parent. My parents did not get me Diablo my dad bought it for himself and said if I played it I would get my ass kicked in 9 different ways and that was the end of that. I didn't touch any games, music, or movies that my parents said not to touch until I was the proper age and even then I still respected their input. I remember when the lady at the store would not let me buy Diablo 2 because I was only 14 and it had a M rating so my father bought it for me. Then when I played it I noticed that there was absolutly no reason to give it an M rating. The gore is not that bad and the context of the game was very interesting to think about. Either way I was only allowed 2 hours a day back then and even today I police myself on how much time I play games.

Another thing that really pisses me off is the way people let their kids watch certain movies. I hear 11-16 year olds talking about the movie 300 online all the time. Now my question is: Why bitch about what is in that movie rather than telling your kid they cannot watch it? Why should I cut out anything from my creation because you want your kid to be able to see it? I made the movie for adults and possibly mature teens NOT middle schoolers. So why should I be hassled when you aren't doing your duty as a parent and telling your kid no? Once again people want others to pay for and deal with their own weakness and lack of abilities.

This country pisses me off and all I can say is that it has become a cesspit of humanity. Just like France...

So to all you unfit parents out there: Bravo! You have made the U.S. look worse than France. Great job on being a weak piece of shit.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-10, 08:30 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Even if music, movies, and games..."
This country has become home to a lot of parents who would rather other people parent their kids than do it themselves.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-10, 12:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This country has become home to a lot..."
honestly i agree here, it's not the games or the music or everyone' s fault the way a kid acts, it's the way the parents do, the kid as he grows up he tends to imitate the behavior of his parents, if his parents dont' give a crap about his child, the child wont' give a crap about caring for himself, and will eventually TRY to lead his own life, trying to figureout who he is, this collides extremely when he reaches teen-hood, new emotions, such as extended impulse for sex, girls, friends, and such, start to develope and his confusion from an earlier state, makes things worse.

So basically i'm saying that, if the kids does bad things and ruins his life, it's the parents fault for not being parents! sure video games and all that stuff influence kids, but isn't the parents responsability to say:" no, you can't play that game yet, when your older" and put some freaking rules, and you know, MAYBE logic tells you that your kid will obey you(if you paid any freaking attention when he was small) and even though he doesn't like it, follow your orders till he's older and understand the concept of WHy you didn't let him play.

Thats the way my parents raised me, and i'm pretty gratefull for them, i may be toasty and crispy, and a crazy arse mofo (curtesy of lenny) but i can still make mature decision (thank you mom and dad LOLZ)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-10, 05:24 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "honestly i agree here, it's not the..."
Honestly I don't think my parents ever had a hard time using discipline of any kind on me. I want to know why parents are such pussies these days.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-10, 06:47 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Honestly I don't think my parents ever..."
The same reason why there's stress cards in the military now. We're more "sensitive".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-10, 08:13 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The same reason why there's stress..."
OMFG. Since when were their stress cards in the military? I understand people being unable to become soldiers but ffs now they can't fight without gaining stress?

We are so fucked...
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-10, 08:17 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "OMFG. Since when were their stress..."
What the fuck are you?

You try shooting at people, getting shot at, having a constant fear of possibly being killed or any of your buddies getting killed at any time and NOT get stressed.

You seriously need to just shut the fuck up. I'm starting to think you're trying to look dumb on purpose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:57 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "OMFG. Since when were their stress..."
Idiot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:04 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "OMFG. Since when were their stress..."
Are you serious? War has consistently been a major contributing factor to psychological trauma throughout history.

Do us all a favor and look up "PTSD" in any medical or psychological dictionary. It's been known as a psychological condition for over a century (though there are records of psychological distress that date back thousands of years).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:35 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Are you serious? War has consistently..."
To be perfectly honest, if you join the military expecting an easy life with stress, then you're an absolute arse.

If you're in the armed forces, and you wimp out because of stress, then you should be shot somewhere and told to grow up. If you joined, you should know the risks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "To be perfectly honest, if you join the..."
I would like to see anyone here go live in a warzone and play dodgeball with bullets with fanaticals and see how they fare. I will agree, if you willingly go into it, you should know what you're getting yourself into, but NOBODY here has a right to judge them, at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-11, 12:53 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I would like to see anyone here go live..."
Pfft...everyone knows that PTSD is just psychobabble and it's not really real. Those soldiers are pussies. Just like evolution isn't real. Neither is gravity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-09-11, 02:48 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Pfft...everyone knows that PTSD is just..."
Gotta agree with K_A. But there really is two sides to the story.... Meh.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-11, 06:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I would like to see anyone here go live..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I would like to see anyone here go live in a warzone and play dodgeball with bullets with fanaticals and see how they fare. I will agree, if you willingly go into it, you should know what you're getting yourself into, but NOBODY here has a right to judge them, at all.
I should have been more specific. I meant stress cards in training. Seems like an easily abusable system. Then again I'm sure if they abuse it their drill sargeant kicks their ass during the night.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood