Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Which version of the original Final Fantasy do you prefer?
NES - The Original Original 3 33.33%
PS - New Graphics, New Names, New Combat System, New Inventory System, ... 6 66.67%
GBA - Lets do away with spells per day and add new content to further desacrate this classic 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Final Fantasy
Posted 2005-03-13, 01:44 AM
Tonight I got some good time in on the original Final Fantasy, and it was great; no BS. Which version of Final Fantasy do you prefer? I tried the PlayStation version and hated it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-03-13, 09:43 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Final Fantasy"
I've got the NES version, I really don't care for the game too much. After playing all of the new ones, it doesn't really appeal to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-13, 08:51 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Final Fantasy"
I like them all. But PlayStation version best...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2005-03-14, 09:57 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Final Fantasy"
I'm a fan of the Playstation version's better music and inventory system. That, and I hate the whole "INEFFECTIVE" message issue. I'm not sure why my party members decide to attack empty space.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2005-03-14, 11:02 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "I'm a fan of the Playstation version's..."
Because, of course, you set into motion all the events of the turn at the same time; the random part is the actual order in which who hits who. If you were charging a monster with an axe and it dies before you get there, are you saying that you'd be able to change course and hit another target before the end of the combat turn?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-03-14, 11:39 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Because, of course, you set into motion..."
I wouldn't stand still and wait for my "turn" in the first place, really..

But if the monsters are content to sit there and wait while I decide to either FIGHT or DRINK, they can wait the extra few seconds that will result in me not running up to a blank space and swinging several times at the air
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2005-03-15, 06:22 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "I wouldn't stand still and wait for my..."
Ah, but the space is not blank, the monster there is simply dead; beating a dead horse is usually inneffective, no?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-25, 10:11 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Ah, but the space is not blank, the..."
It makes me sad, so many ppl here would trade the original for the better graphix.. ; ;
Like it or Leave it<3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

NyxianaSpades

Posted 2007-08-25, 10:19 AM in reply to NyxianaSpades's post starting "It makes me sad, so many ppl here would..."
Now that's interesting... one shouldn't be able to post in a thread that hasn't had a reply for over 30 days. I wonder if WW has been playing with thread expiration?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-25, 10:25 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Now that's interesting... one shouldn't..."
Anyone play online? I'm thinking of ending EQ2 and playing online, but I only know one person that plays it, personaly.
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2007-08-25, 10:25 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Now that's interesting... one shouldn't..."
I'm pretty sure it was 90 days for expiration, but I'm not sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-25, 10:39 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm pretty sure it was 90 days for..."
Either way, replying to a thread that has gone two years without a reply is quite a feat... I wonder if I've missed s...of course!! Quick registration for the archives, which probably allows replies to said archives for those who have just registered, and for normal members.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-25, 11:49 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Either way, replying to a thread that..."
More likely they just removed thread expiration.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!