Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Evil Grin RPG Maker XP v1.02a Patch
Posted 2006-04-23, 01:22 PM
I need help with where can I download RMXP v1.02a patch.

- Quincy_Zangetsu
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Quincy_Zangetsu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenQuincy_Zangetsu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Quincy_Zangetsu

Posted 2006-04-23, 01:30 PM in reply to Quincy_Zangetsu's post "RPG Maker XP v1.02a Patch"
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...2a+patch&meta=

There's a patch for RMXP?

What's it do, out of interest?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-23, 01:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=R..."
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RP...g/patches.html

I love Enterbrain's terrible, terrible translations

Quote:
1. Please make sure you have saved(backed up) all the datas of whatever tasks(words,internets..etc) that you were working on before you start activating the new version.
Back up your internets, people! (Also, hillariously, their own link to the download is busted - they added a space to the end of the link, which doesn't show up when you hover over it but it's in the URL as the usual %20 representation for spaces. It works fine without the space, though.)

(Apparently it is for the legal, English version only. Installing it on the more common fan-translated Japanese version breaks it, if I remember right. It's been out since last year)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-04-23, 01:50 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP..."
But what exactly does it do?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:12 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "But what exactly does it do?"
Phylomortis says: Not much

Version 1.02 (September 20, 2005 - English Version Only)

Bug Fixes:

- The problem with the actor tab in the database only being partially visible was fixed.

- The problem where the editor would crash if a conditional branch based on the player's money was entered was fixed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:14 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Phylomortis says: Not much Version..."
Well ain't that boring.

And here was I, hoping that it was some crazy patch that made everything so much better!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

I got it
Posted 2006-04-24, 01:22 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well ain't that boring. And here was..."
BlueCube: I already tried it, but it is not working. But I got the patch from somewhere, I can't remember where is it though.

Lenny: I know v1.02a isn't great, but I want to learn how to make RMXP and some cool variables, etc. So I did d/l a game, and I want to open it, but it's in v1.02a version. So that's why.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Quincy_Zangetsu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenQuincy_Zangetsu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Quincy_Zangetsu

Posted 2006-04-24, 01:32 PM in reply to Quincy_Zangetsu's post "I got it"
Quincy_Zangetsu said:
BlueCube: I already tried it, but it is not working. But I got the patch from somewhere, I can't remember where is it though.

Lenny: I know v1.02a isn't great, but I want to learn how to make RMXP and some cool variables, etc. So I did d/l a game, and I want to open it, but it's in v1.02a version. So that's why.
Like I said, if you're using the japanese fan-translated one that's floating around on the internet, it will not work (and might force you to reinstall RMXP).

You need the legal English version (or maybe there's a pirated version around on the Internet, but I doubt it's any good based on Enterbrain's own English descriptions)

If the first tab in your Database is "Characters", it's the fan-translated one. If it's "Actors", you likely have the official English version, unless there's another translation floating around out there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2006-04-24, 01:43 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Like I said, if you're using the..."
Oh ok, I understand. U know much about RPG Maker, so I was wondering do u have your own game that u make? I want to play and take example from it if it is ok w/ you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Quincy_Zangetsu

Posted 2006-04-24, 03:38 PM in reply to Quincy_Zangetsu's post starting "Oh ok, I understand. U know much about..."
As far as we common folk know, King BlueCube doesn't have the time to make his own games. Though he might have a few of his earlier works knocking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-25, 04:38 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "As far as we common folk know, King..."
Lenny said:
As far as we common folk know, King BlueCube doesn't have the time to make his own games. Though he might have a few of his earlier works knocking about.

Ok, so BlueCube likes to help people. And what about you Lenny? Have you any your own game? Or can someone tell me where can I d/l the game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Quincy_Zangetsu

Posted 2006-04-25, 12:53 PM in reply to Quincy_Zangetsu's post starting "Ok, so BlueCube likes to help people. ..."
Nope. No games pour moi. I've started loads...but I never get past the making the characters in the database part.

There's always a few good ones on www.gamingw.net.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-26, 12:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Nope. No games pour moi. I've started..."
Thanks Lenny! You rock! Lol... I'm going d/l game and play some.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Quincy_Zangetsu

Posted 2006-04-26, 12:37 PM in reply to Quincy_Zangetsu's post starting "Thanks Lenny! You rock! Lol... :D I'm..."
If there's one you've got to play, it's Naufragar: Crimson.

I really liked it when I played it, and I think it's a game that most game-makers will themselves play.

http://www.gamingw.net/games/325
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-26, 12:54 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If there's one you've got to play, it's..."
ok, i'm going d/l it and i will let u know if i like it or not. and u reply too fast when i post the msg. how did u know? or r u mind reader? :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Quincy_Zangetsu

Posted 2006-04-27, 09:49 AM in reply to Quincy_Zangetsu's post starting "ok, i'm going d/l it and i will let u..."
Nah, I just spend a lot of intimate time alone with the F5 button.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-28, 12:14 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting ":p Nah, I just spend a lot of intimate..."
oh yeah, the refresh button. i forgot about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Quincy_Zangetsu

Posted 2006-04-28, 12:30 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If there's one you've got to play, it's..."
Lenny said:
If there's one you've got to play, it's Naufragar: Crimson.

I really liked it when I played it, and I think it's a game that most game-makers will themselves play.

http://www.gamingw.net/games/325
Lenny, i did try to d/l the game... but the dap is showing "file not found". Why?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Quincy_Zangetsu

Posted 2006-04-28, 09:30 AM in reply to Quincy_Zangetsu's post starting "Lenny, i did try to d/l the game... but..."
What I did was open it up in RM2K3, save it as it's own project, then play it.

It should work then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-01, 02:08 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "What I did was open it up in RM2K3,..."
I think you dont understand what I mean. I mean when I want to try start to d/l the game, but I couldnt. It shows "file not found", it mean like the file dont exist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Quincy_Zangetsu