Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Shapeshift druid is it good in pvp?
Posted 2004-07-19, 02:54 PM
so you know the question but do you know the build

20-lycan
20-Werewolf
20-fury
20-heart of wolvering
rest ur discression

Equip- +2 skills valor; Gaze19% or better; botd zerker or phaseblade/ bstar; wartravs; string; ss; raven; catseye; manald

Stats-
str- enuf for ur armor
Dex- enuf for max block
Energy- dont need much
Vit- rest of unspent

so what do you think of this build.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenWolfman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Wolfman

Posted 2004-07-19, 05:42 PM in reply to Wolfman's post "Shapeshift druid is it good in pvp?"
Well, in my opinion, you should use Oak Sage instead of Heart of the wolverine because the little extra damage and AR it gives is not worth it. Put on Angelic combo and you got plenty of AR.

For weapon, i don't suggest using Bstar nor Ls, unless you're talking about azure, i don't know much about it, never tested it but i know those don't do enough damage so stick with the Zerker, you could also use up'ed eth zod'd Headstriker.

Since you'll be using strings, SS and Gaze, you'll have around 65% if the gaze and and strings have perfect DR, but DR is capped at 50 so you can ditch the Gaze for that Cerebus bite from the ladder.

Well that's what i think.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-07-19, 11:34 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "Well, in my opinion, you should use Oak..."
Yeah i second everything ExT had to say, Eth BOTD Zerker would be the best bet IMO. Also ditch strin get Dungo's i got an extra crappy pair if ur in dire need. Screw Manald go with angelic rings/ammy, try for eth treks too. Defense is the name of the game, so get 2k+ defense armor. This is for perfection so it will be a wealthy price of course, but made right and ur druid will be godly. also 39x32020 and an anni would be sweet, ud have MASSIVE life and a cta.....ooooh makes me wanna build one!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-07-19, 11:49 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Yeah i second everything ExT had to..."
ohhhh ive allready got one

ive gotta valor now, going with jalals for the helm, ive got the combo, and gore, the only part i changed is i got heart of wolverine instead of oak. ive gotta pair of dungo's , ss and draculs. all im waiting on is an eth botd zerker.

Btw Thx EXT for the trade
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenWolfman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Wolfman

Posted 2004-07-20, 01:49 AM in reply to Wolfman's post starting "ohhhh :) ive allready got one :) ..."
Another good way to go in duels is the poison bite skill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-07-20, 03:58 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "Another good way to go in duels is the..."
go for eth zoded dcleaver instead of eth botd zerk as u will hav 50%deadly strike
Use a 2xshealed 15dr coa for fhr n ss and u'll hav 50 dr, use angelic and hsarus combo for massive ar,Rends as gloves and either "Stone" armor for fhr or 160/60ias armor of stability or u can also use enigma if ur going for a vita druid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkXSavior

Posted 2004-07-20, 10:24 AM in reply to Wolfman's post "Shapeshift druid is it good in pvp?"
i had a shape shifting druid mine was a fire claw druid and he own most melee people but i couldnt hit casters because they just teled away before i could get a hit off. so what i am trying to say is that your build looks viable for melee duels i wouldnt think that you will do to well over all becuase when you are shifted you cannot cast teleport and since you arent a pally you cant shift charge to catch casters either.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-07-20, 11:33 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i had a shape shifting druid mine was a..."
well looks like someone is stuck in 09........... Flaming rabies is the so called build to use, which tend to be on the same level as bonemancers for their use of bugged synergies
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-07-20, 12:44 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "well looks like someone is stuck in..."
Heh, rabies is the prefered build for 1.10 but even the shaftshifter bnuild you posted isnt well planned. YOur weapon choices are far to slow and a D Cleaver has 66% DS not 50%. A eth D Cleaver also cost more then your entire item set up so your gonna have to be on a high item lvl to get that.

As for Fire claw druids, they suck just like enchantress, if your a smart melee toss on hot spurs and a fire claw druid is done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-07-20, 07:11 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Heh, rabies is the prefered build for..."
Well a BotD eth Zerker is pretty damn fast...

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-07-21, 01:53 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "Well a BotD eth Zerker is pretty damn..."
i know dcleaver is 66%ds im saying cap is 50% zz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkXSavior

Posted 2004-07-21, 07:56 AM in reply to DarkXSavior's post starting "i know dcleaver is 66%ds im saying cap..."
Actually Deadly Strike cap is 95% not 50%. My zealot uses a Ethereal Death Cleaver and has 99% Deadly Strike at 2,298 - 7,112 Damage.

As for the comment on a eBotD Zerker being fast, its actually no where close to the speed a Druid needs in wearwolf or any form. A Zerker axe is like base Zero with +60% IAS putting it at -60%. Well use a Cruel Phase Blade of Quickness with 2x 40/15 IAS Jewels and you get base -30 with +40% IAS and then +30% IAS so you total at -100%. Thats a hell of alot faster then a eBotD zerker and on druids, speed counts not damage. The best weapon would be a Cruel Fanged Knife of Quickness 2 Sockets, or a rare with 40 ias and hella ED and 2 sockets.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-07-23, 07:04 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Actually Deadly Strike cap is 95% not..."
im saying cap for Ds is 50% in pvp
thats y i said u can hav the max of 50%ds if u used Dcleaver
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DarkXSavior

Posted 2004-07-23, 11:09 PM in reply to DarkXSavior's post starting "im saying cap for Ds is 50% in pvp..."
i got a ss if u need it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-07-24, 07:54 AM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "i got a ss if u need it"
Cap in PvP is 95% Ds not 50, i already stated that. If you would like proof on the msg me for a duel vs me zealot he will kill you pretty fucking fast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-07-24, 08:14 AM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Cap in PvP is 95% Ds not 50, i already..."
Not even a need for that, just hack a single player char and try him on open with a friend. That'll prove it just as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-07-24, 01:36 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Not even a need for that, just hack a..."
tidus is right... you wont be able to hit casters due to their tele... shapeshifters just arent a force like they used to be

and endurack is right about the DS and the cost of the item... its impossible to afford one if ur having difficulty getting the stuff u named before
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2004-07-25, 09:07 AM in reply to sue_13's post starting "tidus is right... you wont be able to..."
Actually you could alsways use a Widowmaker on wep. options and go normal form with IAS/ED Gear and take poeple out that way. Use CTA and Oak sage it would be like a average damaging zon doing 3kish but instead you'd have 5k life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack