Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Help with my Zoomancer.
Posted 2004-05-27, 06:54 PM
I'm thinking about making a Zoomancer dueler so I need some pointers. Please read thoroughly and tell me if there's anything I can improve.

Stats:

Strength: enough to wear enigma, which adds a load to strength to wear everything else.
Dex: 75% block with Homunculus.
Vit: All.

Skills:
Summon resists: max.
Skelly masteries: max.
Golums: 1 point each.
Skelly: A LOT.
Mages: 1 point.
Revive: 1 point.
Curses: 1 point til reached Decreptify.
Bone: 1 point throughout synergies (except for prison).
Poison: none.

Well I was thinking about putting whatever skills left into Bone Spirits. Is this better than putting all into skellies?

Equipt:
Shako, 3 Summon ammy, Enigma, Beast, upgraded Homunculus with Um, Marrowswalks, 2 caster rings, Arachnids, and Trangs gloves.

Merc: A2 Combat
Equipt:
Doom, Gaze, Stone or Eth up'ed Shaft?

Does this buid have a good chance against a well-equipted Boner???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slanted-manji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenslanted-manji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

slanted-manji

Posted 2004-05-27, 09:11 PM in reply to slanted-manji's post "Help with my Zoomancer."
I don't know much about Zoomancers but I'll give it a try anyways

So here goes.

I'll have to completely change your build, but keep in mind that is only my suggestion.

Skills:
Mages: max. (I'll explain after)
Revives: 1 point
Curses: max the curse that lower resis.
Bones: the rest on prison.

Well I think you can guess the strategy of what i'm suggesting. Lower resis your ennemies and keep spamming prison over them. I know this strategie sounds cheap or might not even work Vs people that use enigma but same goes for normal skellys. Zoomancers are not really meant to be duelers...

And I don't think a good Boner would lose to a Zoomancer, they'd kill all your skellys while staying in range of their melee attacks or teleing away when you come close or simply spear through your pack of skellys and when you run out of corpses to make skellys, that'd be the end...

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag

Last edited by ExT; 2004-05-27 at 09:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-05-27, 09:16 PM in reply to slanted-manji's post "Help with my Zoomancer."
instead of stone or shaft, use bramble for your merc. just make sure that he's not using defiance or else throns will most likely not activate (cuz defense too high). being a zoomancer, you'll have these auras:
from merc - holy freeze, thorns, might (if you choose the might merc)
from you - fanatacism (from beast runeword)...it's really really fun for pvm...for pvp, i'd just teleport right onto the person your fighting, since your summons go w/ u, and let them take the dmg and give it back w/ thorns and their other auras
have fun!
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-05-28, 07:29 AM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "instead of stone or shaft, use bramble..."
supaflip_69 said:
from merc - holy freeze, thorns, might (if you choose the might merc)
Half awake, but none the less; how is it that a merc can share 3 auras with your party at once? -_-;;
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Alucard001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAlucard001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Alucard001

Posted 2004-05-28, 10:41 AM in reply to Alucard001's post starting "Half awake, but none the less; how is..."
Might is his aura, DOOM polearm as weapon (Holy Freeze), and BRAMBLE runeword as armor (thorns).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-05-28, 12:22 PM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "instead of stone or shaft, use bramble..."
supaflip_69 said:
just make sure that he's not using defiance or else throns will most likely not activate (cuz defense too high).
Seems to me the important part of the Thorns would be on your skeletons. I wouldn't worry so much about the merc's defense.

PvP is about survivability. Whether you survive by dealing lots of damage or survive by being near untouchable is moot.

Anyway, Thorns is reduced to near uselessness in PvP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-28, 04:28 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "I don't know much about Zoomancers but..."
Quote:
Mages: max. (I'll explain after)
Revives: 1 point
Curses: max the curse that lower resis.
Bones: the rest on prison.

Well I think you can guess the strategy of what i'm suggesting. Lower resis your ennemies and keep spamming prison over them. I know this strategie sounds cheap or might not even work Vs people that use enigma but same goes for normal skellys. Zoomancers are not really meant to be duelers...
I have to disagree with you on some parts. I've seen Zoomancers who woopped ass on West Ladder. They could even take out my Boner which did 6.5K spears at the time and owned Pallies for breakfasts.

Here's my response to your build:

Summon resists: max. <--- Nothing to say here.
Skelly masteries: max. <--- Same
Mages: max. (I'll explain after) <--- Please explain. Mages last for 3 mins. That means if the duel last for more than 3 mins... Um, use your wild imagination.
Revives: 1 point <--- Nothing to say here either.
Curses: max the curse that lower resis. <--- I thought the more points you put in here, the bigger the radius of the curse. Am I wrong here? Bigger radius is for people who can't aim. And if someone can't aim, he shouldn't be dueling in the first place.
Bones: the rest on prison. <--- Won't work. First, most people who duel have Enigma now. Second, even if you can block them in, your skellies won't be able to use their max potentials. Can they move through BP, btw? You can always use a white wand with BP on the other hand. And lastly, it destroys the Marrows bug, which can give you up to 1k Bone Spirit (which I plan to use to spam and trick Hammerdins into thinking that this char is a Boner, which then he'll be moving, instead of standing still throwing hammers to kill all my skellies.)

I'm new to this place. So please be easy on me. ;oD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slanted-manji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenslanted-manji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

slanted-manji

Posted 2004-06-01, 05:12 AM in reply to slanted-manji's post starting "I have to disagree with you on some..."
you got a point there, but that's the zoomancer i used to use in the older patches b4 enigma came out... it USE to work well but i haven't met one since i restarted playing.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-06-01, 11:05 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "you got a point there, but that's the..."
ExT said:
you got a point there, but that's the zoomancer i used to use in the older patches b4 enigma came out... it USE to work well but i haven't met one since i restarted playing.
I never met a zoomancer in the whole time im playing d2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-06-01, 11:05 AM in reply to Death's post starting "I never met a zoomancer in the whole..."
Death said:
I never met a zoomancer in the whole time im playing d2
I play since 1.09c btw
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-06-01, 05:06 PM in reply to Death's post starting "I play since 1.09c btw"
Um ive dueled a few of them and most of the time, their minions just made it so i couldnt get to the necro (i was using melee pally) and while i was fightin the minions he was raming spirits up my ass and i died pretty easily. Also revive should be maxed or put as many points as possible because, you could get some black souls, or some oblivion knights to do ur dirty work. But idk just a thought.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04