Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Games: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Posted 2004-04-23, 11:00 PM
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

To say the least, I was extremely psyched to get this game, having loved the first one so very much.

Gameplay

Well, another "Not Too Shabby" response on my part for Tom Clancy's on-going gaming endeavour. Of course, that is clearly an under-statement. Not too much with new advancements from the initial game, which was very impressive. The realistic nature of this game boggles my mind. From rifles that have 3 different zooms, and with each closer image, the aiming gets increasing sensitive and more difficult, to the little things, like whistling to attract and deter the opposition, this game is definitely not for the run of the mill blast and hack players out there. This is a game of stealth, patience, timing, puzzles, etc.

Sounds

Of course you're not going to get your intriguing sound tracks of RPG's, nor the underground punk of Tony Hawk games, and rightfully so. This is a Top Secret government badass, Sam Fisher, doing what he does best, save the U.S. and World's asses from terrorists, possible wars, and just some good old fashioned assassinations. The only sounds you encounter include distractions, bullets, broken glass, ruffled leaves, and zoom-in/out sounds from binoculars and sniper rifles.

Graphics

Amazing. Every view in this game is spectacular. Every detail is impeccable. Even every vision device used, including thermal goggles, night vision, and normal vision, capture the realism of the world's surroundings. Couldn't have done better, IMO in this department.

Potential

All in the world. Different difficulty levels, multiplayer option, and another phenominal story-line all contribute to this game's success.

Opinion

Alright, now lets get away from all the technicalities of the game. Firstly, I sympathize with the creators of sequals to awesome games. But if I'm being brutally honest, this game was not as good as the first one, and this is for a few huge details.

1. It was not nearly as much a challenge as the first. There was only a few parts that were relatively tough, but nothing that was extremely difficult. That was definitely a let down. I never like breezing through a game without much intense theorizing on how to beat certain parts.

2. Too short. Not much to say here. I think there was like 6 or 7 missions total, compared to 11 or so from the first one. They were insinuating during gameplay how the end was close, but I didn't take it seriously. Until of course, I realized they weren't lieing. So yeah, too short.

The replay value isn't all that great. I only say this because I started playing the game on the hardest level, Hard, and beat it within I'd say 10-12 hours of total gameplay. What else is there to do really? Answer is, not too much. There is however, a Multiplayer option that I have yet to really look into yet, so that is the last possibility for a lasting effect.

If you liked the first one, you won't be upset with this one. Sure, it wasn't as tough, nor as long, but still, the realism is awesome, and it was still an extremely fun 10-12 hours!

Gameplay: 9 out of 10
Sounds: 8.5 out of 10
Graphics: 10 out of 10
Potential: 9.5 out of 10
Opinion: 8.5 out of 10

Overall: 9 out of 10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-24, 03:30 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Games: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow"
Any comment on the multiplayer? I played the demo and it seemed pretty frigging hard.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-04-24, 08:25 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Any comment on the multiplayer? I..."
Everyone you talk to will tell you that the multiplayer is where it's at. It's really that fuckin' good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-04-24, 08:31 AM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Everyone you talk to will tell you that..."
Alright, I'll be sure to check it out today and firther comment on it then. Hopefully, about 10 hours will give me a good enough gauge on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Posted 2004-04-27, 02:13 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Games: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow"
Get it now! I command you! The game is awesome and it's so much fun! The multiplayer is the shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-04-27, 02:17 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow"
Merged with this thread, for obvious reasons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-04, 10:35 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Merged with this thread, for obvious..."
Argg...I want that game. Don't worry Sam Fisher I'm coming!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Areus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAreus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Areus