Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

What would you do
Posted 2004-03-16, 08:50 AM
Well, i just recently moved to a new apartment and while i was unpacking all my shit from storage i found my DII cds and LOD cd. I know i shouldn't get back into the game but it looks like it is to late, snice i already installed it

I need to know what would be your choice of char to build. I'm a pvper and i've always used a barb ever snice v1.03. But im not sure snice i saw alot of people saying casters own, ect. So what char would you use and what items would you use for it? Thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-03-16, 02:14 PM in reply to LiveWire's post "What would you do"
For pvp, I would use bone necro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-03-16, 07:23 PM in reply to LiveWire's post "What would you do"
since you like barbs the best gear for barbs is:

Enigma sacred/kraken(best def) or anything with high def
BoTD Eth CB
SteelRend ogre gloves
Storm shield
Angelic ammy and 2 rings
Up'd Gore Riders
Up'd Arreat's Face
Perf Verdungo's coil
and have 10 wc gc's for bo then switch back to either combat/masteries gc's or 3/20/20 life

VERY VERY VERY expencive...but ya by far the top of the line gear for a barb

Wasn't sure on Verdungo's so I just ... ya.
XBL: GreatThanatos69

Last edited by Great-Thanatos; 2004-03-16 at 10:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-16, 09:45 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "since you like barbs the best gear for..."
Great-Thanatos said:
Up'd Perf Verdungo's coil
Verdungo's is already an Elite Item...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-17, 09:17 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "since you like barbs the best gear for..."
Thanks man, I'll just grab some items from ebay and go from there. I hate starting all over
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-03-17, 02:48 PM in reply to LiveWire's post "What would you do"
LiveWire said:
Well, i just recently moved to a new apartment and while i was unpacking all my shit from storage i found my DII cds and LOD cd. I know i shouldn't get back into the game but it looks like it is to late, snice i already installed it

I need to know what would be your choice of char to build. I'm a pvper and i've always used a barb ever snice v1.03. But im not sure snice i saw alot of people saying casters own, ect. So what char would you use and what items would you use for it? Thanks
1st Choice : Bone Necro
2nd Choice: Trapsin
3rd Choice: Hammerdin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Luhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Luhizot

Posted 2004-03-17, 06:21 PM in reply to Luhizot's post starting "1st Choice : Bone Necro 2nd Choice:..."
Luhizot said:
1st Choice : Bone Necro
2nd Choice: Trapsin
3rd Choice: Hammerdin
Hehe, the 3 most hated chars...not a good way to start things off on the right foot
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-17, 11:04 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "since you like barbs the best gear for..."
Great-Thanatos said:
since you like barbs the best gear for barbs is:

Enigma sacred/kraken(best def) or anything with high def
BoTD Eth CB
SteelRend ogre gloves
Storm shield
Angelic ammy and 2 rings
Up'd Gore Riders
Up'd Arreat's Face
Perf Verdungo's coil
and have 10 wc gc's for bo then switch back to either combat/masteries gc's or 3/20/20 life

VERY VERY VERY expencive...but ya by far the top of the line gear for a barb

Wasn't sure on Verdungo's so I just ... ya.
sounds kinda like my barb ..

but any build is viable for pvp just a matter of kno how to duel but the 3 mentioned are the eziest to use
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-03-18, 12:03 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "sounds kinda like my barb o_O.. but..."
To be honest I would think a botd eth zerker would be better than a CB for one hand dmg when using a shield....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Squirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSquirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Squirt

Posted 2004-03-18, 11:26 AM in reply to Squirt's post starting "To be honest I would think a botd eth..."
Squirt said:
To be honest I would think a botd eth zerker would be better than a CB for one hand dmg when using a shield....
I compared them once...

1 handed, the zerker is much better. Lower Reqs / Higher dmg / Faster (I think) / Same range (3).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-18, 02:29 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I compared them once... 1 handed,..."
Well i was thinking about making a barb or Sorc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2004-03-20, 01:51 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I compared them once... 1 handed,..."
Vollstrecker said:
I compared them once...

1 handed, the zerker is much better. Lower Reqs / Higher dmg / Faster (I think) / Same range (3).
reason why i pick the cb over zerker is b/c that u have the option for 2 handed use to be more versatile vs in-general dueling like against sorcs's and all pure elemental types, even against some melee classes u are able to use 2 hands and slaughter them with ease due to the sheer raw power of 2x the damg of 1 hand, thus making ur killing efficiency 2x better
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-03-20, 02:29 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "reason why i pick the cb over zerker is..."
I made a barb with a storm and zerker botd, then switch to thunder maul for casters... Shield is pointless for casters two hand weaposn pwn them but when doing bvb or any melee it's best to use a shield and for one hand dmg the zerker has more dmg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Squirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSquirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Squirt

Posted 2004-03-20, 05:38 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "reason why i pick the cb over zerker is..."
Well, yeah. Going 2H vs. other melee usually isn't a good idea anymore, when life leech is all but dead in PvP.

Against casters it can be ok, but often, I find more use for the resists from Stormshield. I know a good 2H weapon would hurt casters though.

Back in 1.08, before people really caught on to Damage Reduction and Fury, I had a barb who would switch to a Cruel War Pike for sorcs. Usually a 1-hit kill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-01, 05:24 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well, yeah. Going 2H vs. other melee..."
Make a CS Zon, they're fun for dueling meele chars,

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V