Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Evil Grin help with mf
Posted 2004-02-18, 03:17 PM
what is the optimal mf count for the mephisto ? how many mf i need to have , to get good drops? what are yours suggestions ? and maby anybody knows the cube recept to clean socket ? is it passible at all ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FalleN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFalleN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FalleN

Posted 2004-02-18, 03:18 PM in reply to FalleN's post "help with mf"
FalleN said:
what is the optimal mf count for the mephisto ? how many mf i need to have , to get good drops? what are yours suggestions ? and maby anybody knows the cube recept to clean socket ? is it passible at all ?
Anywhere from 350-600 MF should work. I think my sorc had somehwere between 450-500 in .10 and about 650 in .09...that'll get you good drops, but you hav to be patient.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-02-18, 03:32 PM in reply to FalleN's post "help with mf"
FalleN said:

1 Hel Rune + Scroll of Town Portal + Any Socketed Item = Unsocket that item
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-02-18, 03:41 PM in reply to FalleN's post "help with mf"
Your optimal MF is the most you can have without sacrificing run speed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-18, 03:47 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "1 Hel Rune + Scroll of Town Portal +..."
Heh, wish I had known that. I had spent like an hour finding a good crossbow for my merc with a bunch of sockets, and then when I was moving arround things in my stash I accidentally socketed it wth a chipped topaz...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-02-18, 04:08 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Heh, wish I had known that. I had..."
WetWired said:
Heh, wish I had known that. I had spent like an hour finding a good crossbow for my merc with a bunch of sockets, and then when I was moving arround things in my stash I accidentally socketed it wth a chipped topaz...

I wouldn't waste a HEL rune on a crossbow unless it was a perf or near perf Buriza. So don't feel too bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-02-18, 04:17 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "I wouldn't waste a HEL rune on a..."
kockblocker1 said:
I wouldn't waste a HEL rune on a crossbow unless it was a perf or near perf Buriza. So don't feel too bad.
Yeah, well you didn't accidentally socket your occy with a jewel that added to minimum damage and changed the lvl requirement to 58
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-18, 04:27 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Yeah, well you didn't accidentally..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Yeah, well you didn't accidentally socket your occy with a jewel that added to minimum damage and changed the lvl requirement to 58

That's bad...

On second thought, don't lie. You were trying to make your melee sorc stronger wern't you. I hope it was a 40/15Â… lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-02-18, 04:31 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "That's bad... On second thought,..."
kockblocker1 said:
That's bad...

On second thought, don't lie. You were trying to make your melee sorc stronger wern't you. I hope it was a 40/15Â… lol.
It's no lie. My bud gave me this +65 to defense and 3 to energy thing. I picked it up and as i was putting both in stash it got socketed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-18, 04:34 PM in reply to FalleN's post "help with mf"
For Mephisto runs use most MF u can afford, without drastically reduce your "power". U need to have good gear to kill Mephisto fast, so u can do more runs.

For Pindle i don't like a bunch of mf. i use something between 300-350. Increasing MF on Pindle gives u thousands of Rare items (Elites) which is not the point here.

Use the same strategy as Maphisto on Andariel, Diablo, Shenk, Baal, Pit Runs, etc ..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Luhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Luhizot

Posted 2004-02-19, 12:02 PM in reply to FalleN's post "help with mf"
"For Pindle i don't like a bunch of mf. i use something between 300-350. Increasing MF on Pindle gives u thousands of Rare items (Elites) which is not the point here."
-You sure about that? Cuz i got around 557mf and the only thing i've found on pindle is an eth bartucs so maybe u are right, i just dont see how the lest mf for pindle the better drops.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-02-19, 02:37 PM in reply to Luhizot's post starting "For Mephisto runs use most MF u can..."
Luhizot said:
For Pindle i don't like a bunch of mf.
Suggesting someone to lower their MF is like asking a football player to go play without his pads, if they're trying to find set/uniques.

For socketed items, that's fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-19, 02:55 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Heh, wish I had known that. I had..."
WetWired said:
mercs can't use crossbows anyway..
unless that was changed in 1.10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vince is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVince is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Vince

Posted 2004-02-19, 03:43 PM in reply to Vince's post starting "mercs can't use crossbows anyway....."
Actually, I meant a normal bow, but for some reason said crossbow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-02-19, 04:13 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Suggesting someone to lower their MF is..."
Vollstrecker said:
Suggesting someone to lower their MF is like asking a football player to go play without his pads, if they're trying to find set/uniques.

For socketed items, that's fine.
For socketed items u should use Zero mf. 600+ mf is useless when u intend to do Pindle Runz. 300-350 if optimal mf for killing Pindle.

Put a lot of mf and ull get 2-3 rares per run.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Luhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Luhizot

Posted 2004-02-19, 04:29 PM in reply to Luhizot's post starting "For socketed items u should use Zero..."
I get roughly the same results with 326% as I do with 458%. The whole "magic #'s" is BS and there WAS a time when it did matter, but that bug was patched.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-20, 11:06 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I get roughly the same results with..."
Hmm, as far as I can tell MF doesn't even matter anymore. I have a sorc with MF around 550 or so, and my hammerdin with a whole 45 mf finds just as much stuff. Seems to me that MF is pretty much useless now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RainWind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRainWind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RainWind

Posted 2004-02-20, 11:19 PM in reply to RainWind's post starting "Hmm, as far as I can tell MF doesn't..."
Believe me, it still matters. Try your Hammerdin on 50 Meph runs and record EVERY item that drops. Then do the same thing with your sorc. That will tell you for sure. In fact, we've done this in a previous thread, found here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-21, 01:09 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Heh, wish I had known that. I had..."
WetWired said:
Well are you really going to waste a hell rune on a crossbow that has a chipped topaz in it?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-02-21, 01:35 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Believe me, it still matters. Try your..."
Vollstrecker said:
Believe me, it still matters. Try your Hammerdin on 50 Meph runs and record EVERY item that drops. Then do the same thing with your sorc. That will tell you for sure. In fact, we've done this in a previous thread, found here.
I did about 100 andy runs with each. My sorc found...a lot of gold and a wiz spike. My hammerdin found an soj, a shako, a gaze, and a bunch of shitty uniques.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RainWind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRainWind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RainWind