Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Does anyone else hate Hammerdin's?
Posted 2004-02-17, 08:47 PM
I hate them. I can never really stand up to them with my pally. Sure i've killed quite a bit, but just like 2-3 hammers and i'm dead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-17, 08:48 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Does anyone else hate Hammerdin's?"
HandOfHeaven said:
I hate them. I can never really stand up to them with my pally. Sure i've killed quite a bit, but just like 2-3 hammers and i'm dead.
I say u just make 1 urself...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-02-17, 08:49 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I say u just make 1 urself..."
Oh i am. He's a level 21 right now. Also i am making a blizzard sorc to own mephi so easily.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-17, 08:50 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Oh i am. He's a level 21 right now...."
Ah im wondering why it took so many hits. Low lvl hammer. Hamerdins at high lvl can take out a lvl 99 with one hit. It can do 10000 dmg. And yes i hate them as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-02-17, 08:56 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Ah im wondering why it took so many..."
Well he does have 50% damage reduction. Maybe it was more like just 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-17, 09:27 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Well he does have 50% damage reduction...."
Damage reduction doesn't work on magic damage. (Does it?)
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-02-17, 09:30 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Damage reduction doesn't work on magic..."
Nope pretty sure it doesnt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-02-17, 09:52 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Damage reduction doesn't work on magic..."
The only defense you have against Blessed Hammer is +all resist gear, and "Magic Damage Reduced By x" gear. Best you can do is get 75% magic resistance from prismatic gear, and get a high amount of life.

Beyond that, play smart, and you can kill them easily.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-17, 10:06 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The only defense you have against..."
Magic damage reduced by X sucks against hammerdins as the x falls between between 3 and 15. I'd assume a maximum of like... 50.

A high level hammerdin with elite gear and +skill charms would still be doing.... 11950 damage?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-02-17, 10:55 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Magic damage reduced by X sucks against..."
I'm perfectly aware of that. They will reduce damage, but not by a respectable amount in any case. They are, however, a defense against them.

I never said it would be any better than tin foil.

The main thing to do vs. a Hammer is to anticpate his next moves. Basically, the same tactic 09 barbs used vs. sorcs, except a hammerdin's spell is a little more restricting, making him easier to predict.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-17, 11:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm perfectly aware of that. :D ..."
well .. i really don´t like paladins
im my opinion they are boring to play with..

so i made an assassin .. (if u know what i mean)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Luhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Luhizot

Posted 2004-02-17, 11:51 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Magic damage reduced by X sucks against..."
magic cant be resisted only magic reduce by X is the only thing that works and u are playing a veteran player u wont win if ur melee
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-02-18, 03:22 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "magic cant be resisted only magic..."
blckshdwdragon said:
magic cant be resisted only magic reduce by X is the only thing that works and u are playing a veteran player u wont win if ur melee
+ to all resists also adds to Magic resistance, it's just not visible. Why do you think "Lower Resist" increases Bone Spirit damage?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-18, 08:00 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "magic cant be resisted only magic..."
blckshdwdragon said:
Veteran players wouldnt make such a cheap character..

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-02-18, 08:41 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Veteran players wouldnt make such a..."
exactly. I also hate those trapsin's, another cheap character when it comes to dueling, even with max light resis they are hard to beat. Unless you tele and orb/blizzard them then they dead easy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-18, 09:07 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "exactly. I also hate those trapsin's,..."
Orb/Blizzard ?

Kill my assassin with a cold sorc and I give u my account

rofl
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Luhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Luhizot

Posted 2004-02-18, 12:10 PM in reply to Luhizot's post starting "Orb/Blizzard ? Kill my assassin with..."
What's so funny? I have killed many because i got pissed at never killing them with my pally. I have an orb and a blizzard sorc. Both seperate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-18, 03:49 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Does anyone else hate Hammerdin's?"
I hate them... but not because they're strong..

(what about magic absorb for handling hammerdins?)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vince is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVince is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Vince

Posted 2004-02-18, 03:59 PM in reply to Vince's post starting "I hate them... but not because they're..."
Vince said:
I hate them... but not because they're strong..

(what about magic absorb for handling hammerdins?)
Everyone hates them because they are gay and cheap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-18, 09:19 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Everyone hates them because they are..."
As are foh pally's. pallys imho are oen of the most cheap duelers in the game -_-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign