Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

what is better?
Posted 2004-01-31, 08:32 AM
K, i was wondering what a better PvP Player is, a Hammerdin Palladin... or a charge paladin or whatever those pallies are that charge you then hit you mega fast (never built a pally in my life so bear with me lol) and then could u gimme a nice build of the better pally?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Exterminator is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExterminator is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Exterminator

Posted 2004-01-31, 10:54 AM in reply to Exterminator's post "what is better?"
Well, there are roughly 5 different builds of pallies at this time.
You got:
Hammerdin
Chargadin
Smitadin
Zealot
FoH Pally

It really depends on what you plan on dueling with the pally. Hammerdins and FoHers are good for public dueling, as none of them require getting close or direct targeting (That'll help against everyone teleporting these days).

Smite/Chargadins are ok for melee dueling, but only other Smiters or Chargers will want to duel you, as both skills cause a knockback and force a hit recovery animation. Can be kind of cheese dueling skills.

Zealot is Zeal + Fanat. You just go toe-to-toe with another meleer and go at it. Not much to talk about, other than that's all you're good for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-31, 12:03 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well, there are roughly 5 different..."
Yeah and now a days, Chargadin/zealot/smitadin fall victom to hammerdins and FoH pallies. I personally hate FoH but that hate has been since 1.09 so if i were you, i would built a Hammerdin and get an enigma, you'll own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-01-31, 01:11 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Yeah and now a days,..."
My lvl 70 zealot was dueling my friends lvl 80 Hammerdin and I killed him every time. If u wait and time it right, you can charge past his hammers and switch to zeal and kill him easily.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-Bryan-

Posted 2004-01-31, 01:33 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post starting "My lvl 70 zealot was dueling my friends..."
@Slicfic I had a FoH pally in 1.09 before the bugs came out, and he owned against all except Amazons. I might actually remake him, come to think of it.

@Bryan Once you're inside his hammers, usually they go down fairly easily, as caster gear has little in the way of defense/hit recovery. IF one could survive a Zeal with good FHR, he should teleport away and you'd have to go thru hammers again. If the Hammerdin player is any good, he'd vary his casting rate to mess with you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-31, 04:33 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "@Slicfic I had a FoH pally in 1.09..."
Ok, im thinking of doing a smiter along with a charger, what do u think? I want a melee pally, gimme a build
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Exterminator is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExterminator is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Exterminator

Posted 2004-01-31, 07:23 PM in reply to Exterminator's post starting "Ok, im thinking of doing a smiter along..."
Exterminator said:
Ok, im thinking of doing a smiter along with a charger, what do u think? I want a melee pally, gimme a build
Which skill would be your primary skill? For a Smiter/Charger build, you would have roughly 6-7 skills which would need to be maxed (Smite/Holy Shield/Defiance/Fanaticism/Charge/Might/Vigor).

The skills and the prerequisites total 147 skill points, so one of the abilites would be lacking.

I'll give ya a build after that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-01, 07:02 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Which skill would be your primary..."
ehhh nvm I will do the nice old hammerdin build max hammer, vigor, total aim... what other skill points should I invest in if im a dueler?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Exterminator

Posted 2004-02-01, 12:26 PM in reply to Exterminator's post starting "ehhh nvm I will do the nice old..."
Exterminator said:
ehhh nvm I will do the nice old hammerdin build max hammer, vigor, total aim... what other skill points should I invest in if im a dueler?
Well for skills, this is what I would recommend. This uses 109 skill points, so you'd be complete at level 98.

Max: Blessed Hammer/Concentration/Blessed Aim/Vigor/Holy Shield

1 point: Holy Bolt/Smite/Charge/Might/Defiance/Prayer/Cleansing/Salvation/Meditation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-01, 01:24 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well for skills, this is what I would..."
Put 1 point into redemtion too, it's stops you from havin to use lots of manas pots
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-Bryan-

Posted 2004-02-01, 02:31 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post starting "Put 1 point into redemtion too, it's..."
-Bryan- said:
Put 1 point into redemtion too, it's stops you from havin to use lots of manas pots
As does meditation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-02, 01:46 AM in reply to -Bryan-'s post starting "My lvl 70 zealot was dueling my friends..."
i doubt many ppl actually know how to use a hammerdin, click and hold isnt all of it, no hammer din i know would EVER fall victim to any zealot, FoH > hammers, Hammers > all melee you wont ever get close to one if u do prepare to die in about 1-3 seconds, the strongest type of pally IMO is a v/t which i am currently writting an extensive guide and in depth details upon and will release at my discretion, will cover smite and foh and certain tatics, you are only as pro as the ppl you duel with, exterminator i suggest u wait upon it ^ ^
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-02-02, 04:26 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "i doubt many ppl actually know how to..."
I would say FoH Pally, always been my favorite
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-02-02, 07:23 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "I would say FoH Pally, always been my..."
If you are goin to make a hammerdin, i suggest you max defiance as well, so melee pallies will have trouble hitting you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-02-02, 02:19 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "If you are goin to make a hammerdin, i..."
SlickFic04 said:
If you are goin to make a hammerdin, i suggest you max defiance as well, so melee pallies will have trouble hitting you.
Well, you have 1 of 2 options.
  1. You max Holy Shield. This will give you about 315% Enhanced Defense, and also raise your block rate to where the DEX points needed for Block% can be reassigned somewhere more useful, like VIT.
  2. You could max Defiance. As long as you have 1 point in Holy Shield, you get the same defense bonus as a maxed Holy Shield, but no increase in Block%, but you have a way to enhance your defense even further, although it would mean a temporary sacrifice in damage as you switch from Concentration.

The choice is really up to you. I really don't see much use in using Defiance, as if you're busy running like hell, your maxed Vigor is going to be of much more use.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-03, 01:29 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well, you have 1 of 2 options. You..."
Vollstrecker said:
Well, you have 1 of 2 options.
  1. You max Holy Shield. This will give you about 315% Enhanced Defense, and also raise your block rate to where the DEX points needed for Block% can be reassigned somewhere more useful, like VIT.
  2. You could max Defiance. As long as you have 1 point in Holy Shield, you get the same defense bonus as a maxed Holy Shield, but no increase in Block%, but you have a way to enhance your defense even further, although it would mean a temporary sacrifice in damage as you switch from Concentration.

The choice is really up to you. I really don't see much use in using Defiance, as if you're busy running like hell, your maxed Vigor is going to be of much more use.

is it me or am i left in the dark when i saw make a liberator??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-02-03, 02:46 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "is it me or am i left in the dark when..."
blckshdwdragon said:
is it me or am i left in the dark when i saw make a liberator??
Um, I have NO idea what you are referring to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker